PDA

View Full Version : Upholsterers in Brisbane???

zx12argh
07-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Hey folks so the 12r has come along nicely tho the seat is looking deffinately gheto... so I need an upholsterer who can get the job done before the weekend. I'm going to ring around at work today but can anyone recommend someone?

Need it done before ozkats bbq on saturday cause I dont want to explain the metres of gaffa tape holding the foam on... [8D]

Slingblade
07-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Look in the parts section on the home page. There is a mate of Gix11's that is apparently pretty shithot at trimming and he is up your way.

zx12argh
07-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Custrim? Yeah no good... They are on the gold coast and I'm here in bris vegas about an hour away... Ta anyway.

papa smurf
07-03-2007, 01:10 PM
There's Garry Pearson at Morayfield if that's any closer.
Does GREAT work, did the seat on my road bike & a lot of bikes for us here at work.
5428 6903 tell him Rick at Caboolture Motorcycles sent ya.

kneedragger
08-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Check these guys out. They have had a few good reports from blokes that I work with. They are in Brisbane.
www.twowheeltrimming.com.au

zx12argh
08-03-2007, 10:53 PM
I checked out Lee Brothers today and got it penciled in for Thursday week... I reckon I might sneak down to Kenmore and check out twowheeltrimming... Cheers.

megareg
09-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Yeah, twowheeltrimming for me as well, Andrew does a good job, still breaking in my custom Kat seat and he will want to see it later to do the final fitting.

Oh, and you will have to ring for appointment first.

Gix11
09-03-2007, 02:11 PM
If he's real good give me the details as well.

zx12argh
09-03-2007, 02:39 PM
I went and had a chat to Andrew this morning. Seems to be a top bloke - ex 250cc racer and possible stunter [:p]. He's being doing the bike seat thing for 20 years and gives discounts to associations like Ulysses club etc.

Spoke to Lee Brothers yesterday and they were going to charge $200 just to cover the foam I put on with a slight mod to even it out. Saw some of their work in Andrews shop - he was redoing it proper like.

Andrew will go so far as to even out the fibreglass work I did on my seat put on new foam and set it up for my weight and cover it etc for $240. Really seemed to be switched on. I'm booked in Thursday next week with him so will let you guys know how I go.

I was thinking if he gives those other clubs a discount maybe we could get him on board as a sponsor - he has a brother down south as well doing the exact same work so it wouldn't just be us Qld'ers. Anyway I will chuck some pics of the final product up in a week or so.

Gix11
09-03-2007, 04:11 PM
OK. Let's see the results and mention it to him as well.........