PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for some help from the USA

sharky
05-03-2007, 07:56 PM
I am after a couple of things on Ebay Usa. The sellers want stupid money and 'handling fees' to post to Oz. All it is is a dynojet kit and 4 carby repair kits...like fits into a padded envelope fur christ sakes...Yet one of 'em wants $25 US to post it !!!
If I win the auctions could one of you guys put them in a single padded bag and send 'em down to me ?
I can pay ya'll for postage and beerski with paypal.

ozkat
05-03-2007, 08:48 PM
No offence to any USA members here but, i asked a US ebay seller if he would send a 05 GSXR headlight to Australia, he said no. So i got a mate to ask him if he would send it to Nanibia in Africa and he said yes. Sad but true.

Rich
05-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah that's because most seppo's don't know where Australia is. Now if we were a third world country with natural resources that could be exploit..... I mean needed to be freed from tyranny ;)

Cheers Rich

sharky
05-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Thats all very well guys but I would like one of the yank members to help me out here......

sharky
06-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Well thanks for the overwhelming response guys.:(
The grunt in the us wants $23 to post it....going by USPS website...actual cost $8.25

fimpBIKES
06-03-2007, 03:07 PM
did u ask him for a shipping cost before you bid on the auction?

if not then u have left yourself wide open for this ass-ramming

bummer eh, hope u sort it out

sharky
06-03-2007, 03:28 PM
I asked him the shipping price and it was $25.00 I then checked USPS and a 1 pound parcel was only $16.00 A dynojet kit (loose, no box) would weigh only a few ounces....letter post $7.00.
Luckily I am not in a desperate hurry for it so told him to shove it (without bidding)....I aint'gonna get ripped on postage like that.

suxukifreak
06-03-2007, 04:02 PM
I got quoted 60 pound ($150) for a alloy sprocket cover from the UK, so i wont be getting that part. [V]

Johnnay
06-03-2007, 04:39 PM
I'd help you out, but I face the same problem - I can see the States from where I live, but since most Americans think Canada is "overseas"... well, you get the idea. Add to the outrageous "handling" fees the barrel-bending that UPS gives you for customs brokerage, and you end up with postage costing more than most parts.:(

shift1313
06-03-2007, 10:28 PM
sorry i saw this too late. I probably could have helped you out. I dont use ebay or paypal anymore cause they are crap. Ive won auctions and had sellers cancel after ive won and never even let me know. I just hate dealing with it. If something comes up again let me know. I cant setup a usa mail point for parts to aus but every once in awhile i can help out with that.

do you actually need a jet kit or just certain jets?

sharky
07-03-2007, 05:44 AM
Thanks anyway Matt. It was a dyno kit for a gsxr11 that had all the air jets, large mains and adjustable needles. Would've been useful for tuning the 38mm cv's but nothing I can't find elsewhere.

cutcat
07-03-2007, 08:11 PM
The US postal service is fucking bazzaar!!! We don't know how lucky we are to live in Oz. The pommie post is even worse! But sometimes you get lucky, I got a swingarm sent from the UK for 30 pound.

shift1313
07-03-2007, 09:58 PM
yeah postage here is bad at times. Thats why we have so many package carriers that arent usps. Post office is good for small things but its based on weight and dimmensions so once the size goes up you can spend alot.

speeddemon
10-03-2007, 08:49 PM
US postal prices (air freight) from experience:

USD forks/triples $160-$190 US
Brake calipers $60 US
Wheel & Discs $145 US
Front fender $30 US
5 packs of 4x Mikunijets $10 US

Allabit pricy-but when you save over 50% than buying here I dont really care

Sharky - 25 US seems a bit steep but on par with my exp if air posted mate, so as long as its a better price than over here who cares - if i charged you my engineering hourly rate for dropping it off to the post office (handling)...well you really wouldnt bother then...

Slingblade
10-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Yeah its all relative with US postage. I paid 40US for a front fender to be delivered and it arrived in four working days.

I recently paid 25US for a ducktail, which i thought was a bargain, and six weeks later i am still waiting for it.

The extra $ paid for express US air postage can be worth it. If the postage is real low it is usually sent via the slow boat and can take 6-8 weeks.

sickboy
11-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Has anyone tried this mob?
http://www.mailforwarding.biz/

speeddemon
11-03-2007, 12:00 PM
No - maybe worth a shot for those that wont deliver outside US but I note they only use DHL and Fedex of which both are very pricy for sending heavier objects this way, but are quicker than USPS.