PDA

View Full Version : help installing throttle cables

skoerbin
14-12-2010, 04:20 PM
trying to put my throttle cables onto my throttle tube, sure the first one is easy to get on but is there a trick to getting the second one on. probabbly easier with a second set of hands but any tips will be very much appreciated!, oh yeah dont know if it makes a differece but its an 05 cbr1000 switchblock and throttle tube

BANDITROD
14-12-2010, 04:26 PM
make sure you back off all of the adjusters first and then fit and re-adjust it again after your done

skoerbin
14-12-2010, 04:31 PM
cheers ill give that a go, ive been trying to get it in for about an hour now

LKC73
14-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Also, you will find that on the tube where the cables go into, one groove is longer then the other for push pull set ups. Its easier to have the cable in the longer one first (Mostly pull cable), then twist the throttle and the second one should be easy to place in the grove.

skoerbin
14-12-2010, 04:52 PM
cheers, ive got it in there now, makes it a heap easier when i loosened the cable off haha, should have though about that in the first place! seems to not spin back automattically (well not as quickly or easily as it use to) so i may have screwed something. could also be that i have fastened the switchblock back together and mounted it properly on the bars. we will see how it goes. least its now one step closer to getting this thing back together and on the road.

Deano
14-12-2010, 06:18 PM
may have adjusted it to tightly. back the cable off a tad and see what happens. most of the time you will find it will be 1 of the 2 cables that give you greif not both.

Jup
14-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Switchblock: I tend to allow "a little slop" for that very reason, often I would find that everything was fine until I remounted the switches. A bit of lube never goes astray either ;)

scotty
14-12-2010, 07:19 PM
heard that about u jup