PDA

View Full Version : elecsucks

davio
07-12-2010, 08:44 PM
bandit donk and wiring loom of offshore origin new 2 position key switch
ok i got almost all of my wiring done and have an orange/yellow from the ignition unit goin to the keyswitch that seems to be a short circuit being that it goes straight thru to a black and white (earth line) when the ignition is on (100 ohms goin thru it on my meter and doesnt blow any fuses)oldskool tells me its an anti hotwiring circuit which makes sense
so my question is
can i just join them and not melt my nuts off or (ever so slightly more important ,not fuck the black box)?
and for the thinkers out there after pulling the old ignit. to bits ,,yes it is a str8 thru cicuit ,no resistors
ANY COMMENTS appreciated here im fuckkin confused

Redmohawk
08-12-2010, 06:02 PM
If its an anti tamper setup I doubt it will do you any good if you do, The puter will prob not die etc as its the same deal electrically to it. But it puter might also not start the bike unless the wire is not conected first IE switched before ignition etc suck it and see will tell you fast enough put a sort on it start motor etc shut it off and see if it starts ok second time , other thing to look at is current draw on battery with ignition off if wire is still shorted out to make sure battery isnt going to be flattened overnight .