PDA

View Full Version : missing engine numbers

megareg
03-03-2007, 09:16 PM
I received my EFE bitz today, I had a quick look at the cases and where an engine number should be, there is none, obviously I have a spare part that has been used and not stamped.

The dilema I have now is that I want to strip the black paint of it, use the EFE bottom end and whack in a worked earlier model head of a EX,EZ,SZ or SD or something (want a bit of a sleeper).

The cheeky/sly side of me says to stamp the same numbers I have now as I could then swap motors at will, but I don't think that is strictly kosher legally, also would confuse the fuck out of somebody should I sell it (unlikely), and I also want something on there so some thieving cunt will get busted.

Any ideas as to my direction????

03-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Head out to a wrecker, or check with one of the guys from here, and look for a completely stuffed set of cases. Use the number off them. If you buy the cases for $5, no one will ever know they weren't legitimately the same ones.

megareg
03-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Jeeeez, here I am, brain the size of a planet... of course, buy a stuffed set and use the number then totally destroy it... anybody with a stuffed set????

Cheers.

Jockney Rebel
03-03-2007, 10:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by megareg

Jeeeez, here I am, brain the size of a planet... of course, buy a stuffed set and use the number then totally destroy it... anybody with a stuffed set????

Cheers.
if its a 750 u can use the nos from my old efe i still have the log book somewhere ...minor prob tho its registered in ..england :D the plan u have sounds pukka mate id do that

Booster
04-03-2007, 07:09 AM
Don't know if its relevant for engines but the police can issue chassis numbers , better to have a recognised number than something that may look sus .

megareg
04-03-2007, 09:35 AM
It's an 1135 Franken, I'd get away with the same numbers as I have no plans to ever sell my Kat, I sold my first Kat that I bought new in '82 and regretted it, but things do change over time... I think a visit to Mr Plod or a wrecker is in order.

Cheers

alfiestorm
04-03-2007, 10:17 AM
fug e'm all make ya own numbers up