PDA

View Full Version : Winter !

HOS
30-11-2010, 03:36 AM
Winter is here and its bitterly cold ! "Highs" of -3 in the day and -8 at night.[xx(]

Local monument and beauty spot last sunday:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/HUMANHYBRID/Image0075.jpg

Cold winter nights calls for HOS in the kitchen making industrial strength chilli !!! Clears the toobs !! [:p][^]
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/HUMANHYBRID/Image0072.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/HUMANHYBRID/Image0073.jpg

Surt
30-11-2010, 05:54 AM
yesterdays temp,
9 am -2c (reads 'minus two degrees celsius)
12 pm -5c
9pm -14c
todays:
7 am -16c
7pm -16c
tomorrows forecast:
-24 -29c

and meself living in me shed

u got it u brandybuck? bahaha!/no pics for now sorry/

Azrael
30-11-2010, 09:20 AM
That looks like its been eaten once already mate..

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
30-11-2010, 12:52 PM
I'll be trying that cold weather out myself in a few weeks. Heading to Yorkshire for Xmas with my folks. Looking forward to the prospect of a White Xmas. After a couple of days I'll be hanging for the beach back here tho.

Rocket
30-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Heh, I'm going to the beach tonight.
Probably be swimming till about 9pm (move to the kiddies beach at dusk so the Noah's can't get me).

35C here today I believe.

Azrael
30-11-2010, 03:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rocket

35C here today I believe.

Yeh, and dry finally, fark the last few weeks in the shed my balls were sweatin like an equidorial rainforrest..

I need aircon in the shed man.. seriously..

el sammo
30-11-2010, 03:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by OLD SKOOL BANDIT

I'll be trying that cold weather out myself in a few weeks. Heading to Yorkshire for Xmas with my folks. Looking forward to the prospect of a White Xmas. After a couple of days I'll be hanging for the beach back here tho.

white xmas rocks[:p]

Tony OW31
30-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Speaking to the family back in the uk last night, supposed to be the coldest November since records began, good job we got global warming then eh.

HOS
30-11-2010, 10:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Azrael

That looks like its been eaten once already mate..

Nearly had a seizure coughing and laughing ya fucka !!!! lololol
We are in the plague house [xx(]

Some bloke from the council came and splashed red paint up our front door last week ! :(

HOS
30-11-2010, 10:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Surt

yesterdays temp,
12 pm -5c
9pm -14c
todays:
7 am -16c
7pm -16c
tomorrows forecast:
-24 -29c

Can you keep that shit weather over there please? :D
We do`nt want your Siberian cast-offs ! ;)

HOS
30-11-2010, 10:57 PM
I can`t summons the enthusiasm to go and chip the ice off me toolbox where its solid frozen to the floor in the garage.... [xx(]

NoZ
01-12-2010, 12:07 AM
dude, that's not how you make chilli.. where's the cumin? Mind you that looks like someones already cuminit hahahahahahaha

I have to go out to the workshop at some point.. *sigh* dirty job but someone's got to do it

RevHead
01-12-2010, 06:51 AM
fuckin rain here its bullshit almost ayear of fuckin rain ,were the hell is summer,

HOS
02-12-2010, 06:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by NoZ

dude, that's not how you make chilli.. where's the cumin? Mind you that looks like someones already cuminit hahahahahahaha

I have to go out to the workshop at some point.. *sigh* dirty job but someone's got to do it

Cumin in chilli ??? What ? Hey ?? Thats Indian spice ;)

Yeah it looks raw because its just started cooking, an hour at least to go. Theres 6 large green red chillis chopped whole with seeds in there too. [^]

Its fukkin freezing here Noz !! I`ve been coughing my guts up so hard its hurt my old bust ribs from 9 year ago !!! [xx(]

HOS
02-12-2010, 06:13 AM
It peaked at -3 DegC today at best and we have 2" of snow on the ground. But tonight we are forecast the big fall of the white stuff.

So if it happens I`ll post some photos up tomorrow am.

NoZ
02-12-2010, 09:04 AM
what's that local monument? looks like someone stuck half a windmill on a water tower?

yeah cumin.. in chilli, indian spice belongs in curry dude lol

Rocket
02-12-2010, 09:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by HOS

Yeah cool, I don't think the UK gets a great deal of snow do they ?

Not compared to the US or other places.

BillyWhizz888
02-12-2010, 12:19 PM
My son lives in Costa Del Lowestoft, took him 6 hours to get to work on Monday [:p]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/hi/gallery

http://uk.weather.com/

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=UK+Weather&hl=en&sa=G&prmd=nv&source=univ&tbs=nws:1&tbo=u&ei=sgH3TNTVD42KvQOmhcmdDg&oi=news_group&ct=title&resnum=5&ved=0CC8QqAIwBA

Now.. back to the sunshine Oh Yeah [^]

HOS
02-12-2010, 09:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rocket

Yeah cool, I don't think the UK gets a great deal of snow do they ?

Not compared to the US or other places.

We used to get very hard winters with shed loads of snow in the 70s when I commuted to work on a bike.;) I only had a bike, cars were for pussies.
But in the last 20 years winters have been so mild with virtually no snow or frosts. The only exception was last winter and this one so far. And tbh both are fuck all of what we used to live with.

North of England upwards is a very different story [xx(]

HOS
02-12-2010, 09:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by NoZ

what's that local monument? looks like someone stuck half a windmill on a water tower?

yeah cumin.. in chilli, indian spice belongs in curry dude lol

Its Chesterton Windmill, near Warwick. It was a proper flour mill and they open it up so you can get inside the top once a year.
Awesome place to walk up and sit in the summer !

Cumin in chilli is a new one on me, I`ll try that next time [:p]

HOS
02-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Hope the weathers ok for satdee ?

Going up the NEC for the bike show ! ! [8D][8D][8D]

Bastard
02-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Round by brum it aint to bad so far Hos I was in near grimsby picking a bike up tuesday afternoon phoned the bloke up to check how bad it was before we left he said it was ok only a couple of inch down got from stourbridge to lincoln in about 2 hours no probs the next 1.5mile took 3 hours pushed the car and trailer up a mahoosive fuckin hill due to black ice cuz the council hadnt gritted wankers get a mile away from the blokes house 10-12" of snow at least he made a good brew for us bloke i was picking up for said it was a hardly rideable i was fetching for him turned out to be a honda vf 750 magna warmed me up a bit laughing though.

Surt
03-12-2010, 02:24 AM

yesterdays temp,
12 pm -5c
9pm -14c
todays:
7 am -16c
7pm -16c
tomorrows forecast:
-24 -29c

Hos the bloody shit weather has come from the west as far as i know...
btw its +35c in my shed thanks to my new Auschwitz' stove

HOS
04-12-2010, 08:01 AM

yesterdays temp,
12 pm -5c
9pm -14c
todays:
7 am -16c
7pm -16c
tomorrows forecast:
-24 -29c

Hos the bloody shit weather has come from the west as far as i know...
btw its +35c in my shed thanks to my new Auschwitz' stove

Hope you cleaned it out ?

HOS
04-12-2010, 08:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bastard

Round by brum it aint to bad so far Hos I was in near grimsby picking a bike up tuesday afternoon phoned the bloke up to check how bad it was before we left he said it was ok only a couple of inch down got from stourbridge to lincoln in about 2 hours no probs the next 1.5mile took 3 hours pushed the car and trailer up a mahoosive fuckin hill due to black ice cuz the council hadnt gritted wankers get a mile away from the blokes house 10-12" of snow at least he made a good brew for us bloke i was picking up for said it was a hardly rideable i was fetching for him turned out to be a honda vf 750 magna warmed me up a bit laughing though.

Sounds like one hell of a journey !

When I worked in Brum city centre by 5 ways for a few years, when they get 1" of snow, thats it.... the city stops.
One morning it took me 2 1/2 hours from Warwick up the M40 to the M42. Then from there on the Moseley Rd into town it took me 2 hours to do a 1/2 mile........ 1" of snow ? No one got into work that day.
Even on a good day a 27 mile journey to Digbeth took me between 2 and 2 1/2 hours each way. When you slap 5 hours travel time ontop of a 10 hour day for a few years it gets depressin.
Glad I`m out of it !

A constant game of chess and muscle with cars from all directions and bus lanes, trucks, buses, taxis, wannabee execs, bicyclists, immigunts etc.....
You got to be fast and brave !! [:0]

Love Birmingham, hated the commuting.

HOS
04-12-2010, 08:25 AM
The temperature peaked at -3 degC today with fresh wind so wind chill put it down about -8 if you stood out in it.

No more snow last night as they forecast, which was good news.
But months of winter still to come.

I went over to Taz Motorcycles @ Peterboorugh today and the roads were littered with broken down cars and crashes ffs.

Bastard
04-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Hos I know what you mean about riding in brum last time I went to brum on the bike got pulled up by a copper who was checking cars for possible terrorist activities and wanted to check my rucksack I happily let him have a look it had pissed down all morning and I had put my wet boxers in there was only going to J&S to take the boots back I had bought the day before he was well pissed of when he had em in his hand and asked what they were I was pissing myself and pointed out it was a helmet I was wearing not a fucking tea towel!

NoZ
05-12-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm only 40 miles from Heathrow that's snowed in and the only snow we've had (2" most) melted yesterday... no frost for last two nights... yet the rest of the country is snowed in - kin weird.

Yeah cumin in chilli http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3228/chilli-con-carne even in the packet mixes http://www.schwartz.co.uk/productdetail.cfm?ID=5012 made some chilli for the last rally.. it was goooood. Tip, other than the ones you chop up, stick whole chillis in the pot to simmer with the rest, gives it the flavour and less heat. Good for curries etc too.

Surt
06-12-2010, 02:27 AM

nah it cleans up in the natural way thru the chimney i just keep throwing in a coupla guys now and then mein lieber genosse Rudolf Hoss haha

HOS
07-12-2010, 01:04 AM

nah it cleans up in the natural way thru the chimney i just keep throwing in a coupla guys now and then mein lieber genosse Rudolf Hoss haha

You`re fukkin bad !!! Bahaha ! :D :D

HOS
07-12-2010, 01:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bastard

Hos I know what you mean about riding in brum last time I went to brum on the bike got pulled up by a copper who was checking cars for possible terrorist activities and wanted to check my rucksack I happily let him have a look it had pissed down all morning and I had put my wet boxers in there was only going to J&S to take the boots back I had bought the day before he was well pissed of when he had em in his hand and asked what they were I was pissing myself and pointed out it was a helmet I was wearing not a fucking tea towel!

You do`nt get many Taliban on Motorcycles round West Midlands?

I love Birmingham and go into town as often as possible even though I live furher away now. West Mids is too manic, its like London but worse.

We still go over to Saleems in Ladypool Road, I`ve been going there for the last 28 years for a Balti.

HOS
07-12-2010, 01:20 AM
Thanks Noz,

This is what I use:

1 large onion
6 x cloves of crushed garlic
6 large or 10 small green chillis chopped and including seeds.
3 x large teaspoons of Paprika
1 x green pepper seeded and chopped.
2 table spns of dark soy sauce.
1 or more lbs of lean minced beef.
1/2 tube of tomato puree.
Tin of tomato`s cored and chopped.
Tin of baked beans in tom sauce.
Tin of kidney beans in brine/ rinsed
1 x teaspoon of hot chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon of cayane pepper for bite.
Salt.
Vegetable oil.
Boiling water for thinning if needed.

20 minutes to prep and 1 1/4 hours cooking time. [:p]

HOS
07-12-2010, 07:47 PM
We usually get frost overnight when its been feezing.
Normal frost will thaw the next morning or during the day,
but when we get constant freezing day and night its known as hoar frost :D

Its a furry coating of ice..... like this [8D]

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1291758496.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1291731768.jpg

Even spider webs get coated with ice.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1291784225.jpg