PDA

View Full Version : bigger stronger faster (good Vid)

chopiesel
29-11-2010, 07:46 PM
documentary on steroids in the us

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=FTZFXSLZ

mitch.lax
29-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Good watch for anyone who currently or previously lifted weights.

My only criticism (and it's a very minor one) is that it tries to be unbiased but a little swings too far into the pro-steriod camp.
Still, a way more balanced arguement and way less extremist than the "steriods are bad" no evidence jump-to-conclusion crowd.

The information he presents seems pretty spot on.

Large
29-11-2010, 08:24 PM
I started to watch but baulked at the hour and a half plus needed to take it all in.

Is this the one where his arm explodes?

Shadowzone
29-11-2010, 10:42 PM
I currently lift weights.

Have used juice. Been done by customs for importing it even.

Side effects? Nope. As proven by the working nuts (Mrs is preggas currently.)

No roid rage, no heart issues, no long term issues.

I even used to get checked weekly by the doc (Liver values etc;) to make sure I wasn't fucking myself up.

The issue here in Oz came about with the Olympics in Sydney back in 2000. That's when it became serious shit. Until then it was nothing. I wish we had the UK's laws on them - Legal for personal use and import as long as they can be legally purchased in the country of origin AND are human steroids, and are solely for personal use. Meaning as long as I can justify the quantity to being for one course I am good to go and happy days abound. Unfortunately our Governments lack the balls and/or foresight to allow me to exercise my <s>right</s> desire to enhance my gains and performance by taking my choice of supplements and I have to stick to Tribulus and Lacklustre stuff like NO supps.

Bottom line is Steroids don't kill people the way Alcohol, Tobacco and other drugs do, they're just demonised by the media because those doing the reporting lack the ability to think for themselves and do the research to find the truth. Probably because the Govt rhetoric is spoon fed and the other involves doing some work...

latheboy
30-11-2010, 07:32 AM
You can get big by working out, roids are a cheats way of getting bigger and you don't get strong.
I know a few guys who have been on the shit and i'd crush them at arm wrestling, and I'm a bag of bones.

Tony OW31
30-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Only had the one experience with steroids, had an apprentice who was in to body building, he got on to the steroids and within six months had gone from nice kid to extremely angry kid, was like someone had flicked a switch. Had to sack him in the end when he smashed a job to pieces with a mallet, twelve months later he came off them and was back to nice kid again. I suppose it's like a lot of drugs, it affects people in different ways.

Azrael
30-11-2010, 09:25 AM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1291083737.jpg

xa-mont
30-11-2010, 09:34 AM
BAHAHAHA

MattyDucati
01-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Good vid! Just a down to earth look at the world of sports

mitch.lax
01-12-2010, 10:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

You can get big by working out, roids are a cheats way of getting bigger and you don't get strong.
I know a few guys who have been on the shit and i'd crush them at arm wrestling, and I'm a bag of bones.

I can't tell if you're pulling the piss or not.

Either way, arm wrestling is as good a measure of overall strength as ping pong skill is a measure of financial success.

latheboy
02-12-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm not taking the piss at all, all the guys i've met who have used roids have been big and weak as piss.
When i was at my peak (about <s>5</s> 8 years ago.. Time goes fast) my weight was 67Kg with and i could do 20 one arm chin ups on my 2 middle fingers. Hundreds of push ups, hundreds of sit ups/cruches, run forever.
I was in the top 20 climbers in Aus. Maybe top 1000 in the world:D

Then i did some tendon damage in my elbow and it was all over.

In my experience, roids makes you big and nothing else.

mitch.lax
02-12-2010, 09:01 AM
One arm chin ups ARE a good measure of overall strength. So you were strong as fuck :)

You're right though. Steroids will make you stronger, but all they do is enhance what you already do. If you have a shitty workout plan, steroids won't magically make you strong. If you eat, sleep, and lift properly (and aren't already near your genetic limit), steriods will enhance the gains you'd otherwise make. They're are a last 20%'er.

Shadowzone
02-12-2010, 04:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by mitch500

One arm chin ups ARE a good measure of overall strength. So you were strong as fuck :)

You're right though. Steroids will make you stronger, but all they do is enhance what you already do. If you have a shitty workout plan, steroids won't magically make you strong. If you eat, sleep, and lift properly (and aren't already near your genetic limit), steriods will enhance the gains you'd otherwise make. They're are a last 20%'er.

I was looking for a way to put that the other day. You have summed it up perfectly for me in a non argumentative way which I couldn't do.