PDA

View Full Version : GSXR 1000 K1 rear shock

HRDCR
22-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Since fightering mine the suspension is alot harder and the bumpy roads make life less plesant than it used to be. I have softened off the compression and rebound front and rear to what seems to work best which is effectively a few clicks in for each. The handling isn't bad there but the bumps are still a hassell. Talked with a few lads here and we can only figure the way the weight effects the shock action (leverage) must be alot less than previous and causing the complaint? I weigh 95+kg so I wouldn't have expected such a change.

Can anyone help me please?

crazymofo
22-11-2010, 06:44 PM
sag correct?

whats your rebound set at? too much rebound will pack the shock up, the more it does the harsher the next bump will feel,

easiest way to set rebound is, set your correct sag (30mm) then have someone steady the bike, holding the bars.

push on the tail and allow the tail to return, uninhibited, it should return fast, but not over extend then resettle down.

go ride.

adjust compression to suit your tastes.

do the same for front but put in 36mm of sag.

enjoy.

cheers.joe.

HRDCR
26-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks Crazymofo, I'll get into it this weekend.

Currently both compression + rebound about 6 clicks in from fully wound out which feels pretty good and has a decent amount of sag but maybe more than 30mm.