PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl stripes? melb

xa-mont
22-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Hey anyone got any idea where i could get some stripes made up for the SV? I wanna run a thick and thin gold stripe (same colour as forks) across the length of the bike.

timbo
22-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Any sign writer should be able to do it, or just get the vinyl cut to the size you would like and apply it your self.I use Droun signs top blokes, i will be going to see then tomorrow or the next day if you would like me to have a chat with them let me know

wackyrider
22-11-2010, 09:55 PM
There were a couple of signwriters around the area i had spoken to when i was thinking of doing the same to the GPZ. One I had gone to was on Sydney rd, but just check in the yellow pages and you'll find a few around

xa-mont
23-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Got next Monday off so i might have to cut some laps and find someone to do it.

Cheers guys.

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
23-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Hey Travis, stupid question but have you had a look in Autobarn or Repco ? I got my pin stripes from there. I noticed they had various sizes and colours there when i was looking. Both combination sizes and single stripes in different widths. Just a thought.

xa-mont
23-11-2010, 10:57 AM
i just thought that plain straight stripes would not look straight when applied over the shapes of the bike... would probably be fine for the front guard and the tail, but i think the tank might cause some issues with it.

oldskool
23-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Monsta print Seaford.

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
23-11-2010, 11:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by xa-mont

i just thought that plain straight stripes would not look straight when applied over the shapes of the bike... would probably be fine for the front guard and the tail, but i think the tank might cause some issues with it.
TRue enough if you put a wide stripe on the edge of a curve but fine if you a going straight down the guts. A sharp knife and a hair dryer should see to any creases that may occur. I've seen vinyl applied by a vehicle sign writer who sprayed soapy water on the surface before applying. Apparently this gives you time to adjust the stuff before the water is squeezed out and dries. Again, just a thought, maybe someone smarter than me knows better.

xa-mont
23-11-2010, 12:00 PM
i'll see what some sign writers say on monday (re price and whatnot) and if that all sounds too expensive i will buy some tape from egay/supercrap/autobarn or whatever and give it a go myself.