PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a scam ?????

devo
22-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Saw this while whoring around for another ciccle
http://www.bikesales.com.au/all-bikes/private/details.aspx?R=9656868&__sid=12C73D5DA181&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=p_IsPoa_Int32
Anyway point is it is cheap ( to cheap )
Anyway I sent of an email to see if he still has it ( I haven't called about it yet )
This is the response I got ......
Thank you for the interest showed in my bike, and sorry for the late reply but I have just moved to England with my wife. Don't worry though, the bike is still there in Australia, stored at a transport company in NT. The bike is in like new condition, and to be honest I never thought I will have to sell it, but I desperately need the money to pay for my wife's liver transplant. The price I am asking is reduced for a fast sale, only $4.500 and it includes shipping anywhere in Australia. Because of this situation, me being in England, I have made special arrangements that allow me to sell the bike there without me being present, so if you are still interested in it please email me back so I can explain to you how can this be done without me being there, safely for both of us.

cheers

PS: here are some pics of the bike attached

Well what do you guys think ??????

Large
22-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Course it's a fucking scam

Send an email back saying if your wife wasn't such a dirty crack whore she wouldn't be needing a new liver.

Chase
22-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Not sure why it would be stored with a transport company in NT when the address was Port Macquarie or "Port Maquire" as it's known to its friends..

So umm... yeah SCAM.

nick76
22-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Scammers will try anything. Definately a scam.
I got a similar scammy type of thing to my phone via sms,when i was selling the last bike,i replied,fuck off you scamming cunt,and it wouldn't even send.They must block it somehow??
Anything that sounds too good to be true,and you cant in person,see it,and pay cash for,is a scam.
I bet if you wanted to go further with your inquiries,you'll be asked to put money into a western union transfer,or some shit like that.
Thay must con afew people,otherwise,all this kind of shit would've stopped ages ago.

Iceman
22-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Tell him you will be in Darwin on the weekend and you will go check it out.

Shadowzone
22-11-2010, 04:08 PM
My email to old mate the scammer:

Hi there, I'm interested in buying your bike. I will pay cash on pick up and am good to buy it pretty much straight away.

I live about 10hrs drive from Port Macquarie so let me know if this suits and I can drive down and pick it up.

Cheers,

Stu.

scotty
22-11-2010, 04:09 PM
yeah or ask for the contact dets for the transport company and call them

gunnie
22-11-2010, 10:19 PM
ask him for address in Darwin - I live there and can check it out

devo
22-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks Gunnie I just sent him an email will see how that goes .....
lets play a game shall we :D

Hillsy
23-11-2010, 09:00 AM
This is the reverse of the buying phishing scam that's been plagueing Bikesales for ages now - they ask you if you still have your bike for sale, you reply "yes", then they send you the scam email saying they are buying it for their son / cousin / Nigerian prince, but they are on an off shore oil rig or something (so they can't view the bike)....or get to the internet to do a direct deposit so they want to pay by PayPal and have a courier collect the bike.

After that (apparently) they send you a fake PayPal payment confirmation email and hope you let the courier pick-up your bike.

scotty
23-11-2010, 10:29 AM
haha nioce, try that in an email devo

Shadowzone
23-11-2010, 10:44 AM
I too got the liver transplant email.

My reply:

Hi Andrew, Thanks for the reply. Please let me know how we can do this. Also if you could let me know which company the bike is stored with in the NT, I'd appreciate it. Since I work in the transport industry, chances are I deal with them regularly as my job involves shipping freight from Brisbane to the NT for various companies.

Regards,

Stuart.

devo
23-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Ok my reply from Andrew re the TPT company

quote: I want the payment to be handled by 3WayDeal Escrow http://Escrow.3WayDeal.net. You will make a $2250 to 3WayDeal and they will keep the money until you will receive and inspect the bike. You will have a 5 days to inspect it, if is not as described it will be shipped back on my expense and you will get a full refund from 3WayDeal. This way, you will be able to inspect the bike before committing to buy it and I know that you have the money and you aren't just fooling around. If satisfied you will have to pay the rest of the balance.
Giving the nature of this transaction please note that my sale terms are final and nonnegotiable. In order to move forward and register the transaction with 3WayDeal I will need your full name, address and phone number, after that they will contact you with the payment instructions.
I don't want to offend you, but the bike is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

thanks

quote:I have chosen this Escrow company because it is an Australian Based company, and they are registered with the Australian Business Register (ABR)- http://www.abr.business.gov.au since the year 2000, that's 10 years, and they never had a complaint in all this time. You can verify them yourself, just need to go on the Australian Business Register website and lookup the Escrow company ABN: 31 091 607 233, wich is listed on the 3waydeal website first page.
cheers
Hmmmmm this is deep :D
quote:

Hillsy
23-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Escrow = scam

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21354&SearchTerms=escrow

Jinx
23-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Looks and sounds like a scam to me. No Rego or Vin# either. A friend lost 10K on a Rav4 scam in the Northern Territory a few weeks ago. I think he said the scammer had an address at Port Macquarie. Probably the same scum bag.

Ansen
23-11-2010, 06:50 PM
i emailed this bloke too ...got back same reply....... you can tell hes joshin ....i just sent back to him 10mins ago saying id give him $6000 coz im feeling generous....p.s your wifes a fuckin whore slut

i got same bloke year ago when i was looking for 4x4 to buy...he was tryin to sell me brand new land rover for 15k.... must be those nigerian cunts lol