PDA

View Full Version : THE GREAT N.F.R. SHED RACE

Weaselman
17-11-2010, 01:10 PM
The Goal: Build a bike and get it to the NFR and ride the roads.

The Rules:
At least ONE custom part (A Ventura rack is not a modification).
All entrants MUST attempt to do the loop on the Saturday and ride down and back.
So no trailer queens (With the exclusion of Jim who drives the van)
Bike must posted in build thread.

The Awards:
Best streetfighter
The hard luck award
Most obnoxious
Best Old School
Biggest POS
Best shed built
The "Jim The Grin Walker" award for stacked odds

Kev from VCM will help make trophies and will be attending next year.
Bikes to be judged by vote of those attending.

If your entering post the bike your building in the Build Thread under "NFR SHED BIKE" so we know your actually built it for the run.

Good luck and may I win everything!

Fight_fan
17-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Haha So u designed this competion because u have something already in the pipe line that fits all these criteria, thereby giving u the advantage weasel??? Haha Nice one!

Weaselman
17-11-2010, 01:16 PM
I have nothing. This started because I talk to much and jim was there

Cruisecontrol
17-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Can we get a designated bike model, colour, handle bar type, tyre brand and headlight globe wattage too?

Weaselman
17-11-2010, 01:22 PM
No fuck ya just build something

Cruisecontrol
17-11-2010, 01:23 PM
I did.

kev@vcm
17-11-2010, 01:25 PM
ok its on BITCHES so now im on the hunt for a honda 500/4 or something around that area , if any 1 has something like this they mite lite to part with then ya know what to do

cheers weasel . this will be shit loads of fun

Chase
17-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Are there any awards for best vest?

kev@vcm
17-11-2010, 01:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Chase

Are there any awards for best vest?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Weaselman
17-11-2010, 01:30 PM
I've already won that

rod185651
17-11-2010, 01:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Haha So u designed this competion because u have something already in the pipe line that fits all these criteria, thereby giving u the advantage weasel??? Haha Nice one!

Yep sounds a little suspicious to me. Come Clean Weasel, ya trophy hunting queen.

rod185651
17-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Both my projects are post 1995 and I'll be fucked if I'm going to build something by someone else's guide lines, so that counts me out

Weaselman
17-11-2010, 01:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by rod185651

quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Yep sounds a little suspicious to me. Come Clean Weasel, ya trophy hunting queen.

got nothing

Large
17-11-2010, 02:21 PM

Both my projects are post 1995 and I'll be fucked if I'm going to build something by someone else's guide lines, so that counts me out

What ^ said.

I reckon if you don't have a rethink of the rules to get rid of the capacity and age limits, you'll be judging a field of 2...maybe 1 if you don't turn up.

Large
17-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Fuckit, I wasn't going to say anything but...

(imho) I don't reckon NFR should be a competitive type event. A couple of trophys are fine- best/worst/hardluck etc, but if we all have to do a project/homework before we turn up it will lose it's charm pretty quick.

Apart from that, Jim'll need a bigger van to pick up all the old shitters breaking down everywhere.

NFR as it stands is/was a fucking enjoyable weekend. Maybe a bit more effort could be put in to get the Mehicoons to come up, but apart from that it's pretty close to being perfect.

Fight_fan
17-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Im not worried about a little friendly bike build off ruining the atmosphere. I think those who cant enter due to whatever reason wont give a shit, mainly coz whatever they are riding is probably newer, faster & comfier anyways... I think u will struggle for entrants if u dnt raise the capacity to at least 750cc tho.

Weaselman
17-11-2010, 02:55 PM
we were just hoping it would provide a challenge to anyone who was thinking of building something over the next few months

Weaselman
17-11-2010, 03:03 PM
there changed the rules

Butters
17-11-2010, 03:14 PM
is this taking place next november? I'd definitly be up for this.

Weaselman
17-11-2010, 03:22 PM
yup the next NFR

Large
17-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Now we're talking.

*Large goes off to snipe-

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270660321938&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:AU:1123

Weaselman
17-11-2010, 03:27 PM
I cant compete with that awesomeness

didnt the bad guys in a bond film ride those

Large
17-11-2010, 03:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

we were just hoping it would provide a challenge to anyone who was thinking of building something over the next few months

Sorry mate/s.

With all the silverware on offer, I thought you were changing the whole reason for the NFR.

After reviewing the original idea, I've come to the conclusion it's not such a bad idea.

The judging team sounds super dodgy/insular and prone to cronyism tho'. Maybe Lucy could be the final judge of what's acceptable

Chase
17-11-2010, 03:44 PM
That's better :D...

Now just need cash and some where to put the new project... Anyone wanna buy a slightly used GSXR1100?

Weaselman
17-11-2010, 03:44 PM
yeah was never my intention to change anything it just sounded like a laugh

kev@vcm
17-11-2010, 03:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Sorry mate/s.

With all the silverware on offer, I thought you were changing the whole reason for the NFR.

After reviewing the original idea, I've come to the conclusion it's not such a bad idea.

The judging team sounds super dodgy/insular and prone to cronyism tho'. Maybe Lucy could be the final judge of what's acceptable

hey large thats MISTER dodgy/insular and prone to cronyism ok mate LMAO , this is going to be an awesome challange , i have made a choice on bike and style now and as soon as i get the bike i want i will be doing a thread on my NFR bike ,

rod185651
17-11-2010, 04:44 PM

Now just need cash and some where to put the new project... Anyone wanna buy a slightly used GSXR1100?

How about I just stab you in the eye? ;):D

rod185651
17-11-2010, 04:52 PM

The Rules:
All entrants MUST attempt to do the loop on the saturday and ride down and back.
So no trailer queens or Harley Davidsons or Vests (With the exclusion of Jim who drives the van)

The Awards:
Best StreetFighter
Most obnoxious
Best Old School
Biggest POS
Best shed built

Bikes will be judged by EVERYONE attending the NFR.

If your entering post the bike your building in the Build Thread under "NFR SHED BIKE" so we know your actually built it for the run.

Good luck!

That's better ;)[8D]

Chase
17-11-2010, 04:55 PM

awwww....[B)]

Weaselman
17-11-2010, 05:05 PM

The Rules:
All entrants MUST attempt to do the loop on the saturday and ride down and back.
So no trailer queens or Harley Davidsons or Vests (With the exclusion of Jim who drives the van)

The Awards:
Best StreetFighter
Most obnoxious
Best Old School
Biggest POS
Best shed built

Good luck!

That's better ;)[8D]
Im still faster than you so bait all you want

Large
17-11-2010, 05:20 PM

The Rules:

The Awards:
Best StreetFighter
Most obnoxious
Best Old School
Biggest POS
Best shed built

Good luck!

That's better ;)[8D]

Maybe you should ad "all entrants need to complete 5 laps of Wakefield Park on the trip down to confirm who is really fastest without invoking chance, in the form of cops/gravel and 4WDs"

chopiesel
17-11-2010, 05:29 PM
quote:
Maybe you should ad "all entrants need to complete 5 laps of Wakefield Park on the trip down to confirm who is really fastest without invoking chance, in the form of cops/gravel and 4WDs"

hell no!!!!! thats an hr the wrong way for me!!!

fimpBIKES
17-11-2010, 05:34 PM
total build cost would have to exclude rego etc (varies state 2 state so...)

Phill
17-11-2010, 06:20 PM
so does this mean if i actually get my current bike dont i can enter it? cause its almost bake to square 1. ie engine is coming out , suspension off frame stripped this weekend?

Phill

rod185651
17-11-2010, 06:36 PM

The Rules:
All entrants MUST attempt to do the loop on the Saturday and ride down and back.
So no trailer queens (With the exclusion of Jim who drives the van)
Bike must posted in build thread.

The Awards:
Best streetfighter
The hard luck award
Most obnoxious
Best Old School
Biggest POS
Best shed built

Bikes to be judged by vote of those attending.

Good luck and may I win everything!

Seriously that's heaps better mate, count me in.

rod185651
17-11-2010, 06:43 PM

awwww....

Sorry Steve, I'll take that back mate.

<center>FOR SALE</center>
<center>The Wretched</center>

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1290072176.jpg

<center>[b]$4000 ( And a Wristy)</center>

wackyrider
17-11-2010, 06:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by chopiesel

quote:

hell no!!!!! thats an hr the wrong way for me!!!

That's way outa my way.....

TIMTAMS
17-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Fuck yeah lucy for the the judge FTMFW

Hmmmmmm what can i build that still does wheelies and 280+kmh

nick76
17-11-2010, 07:07 PM
5 Laps of Wakefield,and a drag race down whatever little airport it was we went past?????

Gitzy
17-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Can I enter my current bike, as I'm far from finished.. I plan to have more parts\bodywork and paint etc by next November, or do I have to start again with a new project??
I was kind of hoping to be in running for Best Streetfighter or best New School??

Will there be a New School.. cos if you have say a slabby you'd be in the running for Best Fighter or Old School..

But newer bikes would only qualify for Best Fighter..

Biggest POS is kinda an insult award..

My 2 cents..

Jockney Rebel
17-11-2010, 07:51 PM
see what you started weazel and you werent even pissed ...lol ;;ok boys and girls i have asheet of paper and a fucked front end so far lol

but i reckon im in with a chance of the walker trophy lol

Redmohawk
17-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Well Bunny is in a million and one bits , So I'm going for it ! Aiming high being a mexican so looking for biggest POS trophy !

mattymagoo22
17-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Does the 'Most obnoxious' apply to bikes or people? Just checking if i'm in with a chance....

rod185651
17-11-2010, 08:14 PM

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1290000590.jpg

[8D]

Weaselman
17-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Youd never ride a honda rod and mat the pos award is for the... Best... Rat fighter thats what im after

rod185651
18-11-2010, 05:57 AM
Well lets call it Best Rat fighter then, guys nothing has changed, basically all it is Weasel has decided to add some more trophies, all catergories will be voted on by ballott as per this year. If you turn up on your R1 Todd and I think it is the best fighter etc I will vote for it. If anyone is going to deny someone recognition of their hard work and workmanship purely because it was started before a certain date they don't belong at the NFR. To be honest the whole thing is just one big wank. If it is not broken, don't try to fix it.

So to put it simply, as far as I'm concerned nothing is going to change for all you guys who have already got fighters, you have every right to consider it eligable for a trophy at next years NFR.

rod185651
18-11-2010, 06:28 AM
While I'm on the Subject the NFR stands for Nobody's Fools Run, and I chose that name for a reason. It will always be simply about a group of mates catching up having some beers, showing off their bikes and doing some decent riding.
It will always be at Cooma.
it will always be held on the week end after the snowy run in November.
If you want to have something else than what the NFR has to offer choose a destination, and a date and post it up in the ride section but don't try to turn the NFR into a circus.

Gitzy
18-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Fckn A... and looking forward to many many more.. Not 1 complaint about the whole weekend and hope they all flow as easy and fun for the future NFR's

crazymofo
18-11-2010, 08:07 AM
hmmm... might have to begin a new project bike for this.... i'll see what stones i can overturn and see what floats to the surface....so its not longer budget or capacity orientated?

cheers.joe.

RevHead
18-11-2010, 08:08 AM
best fuckn ride and bunch of blokes ive ever had the pleasure to meet n ride with easy simple,more laughter then a bag of monkeys,this formula works 100 percent,

Fight_fan
18-11-2010, 08:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by crazymofo

hmmm... might have to begin a new project bike for this.... i'll see what stones i can overturn and see what floats to the surface....so its not longer budget or capacity orientated?

cheers.joe.

It would seem so mate! No limits at all... U'v jst gotta build it n ride it!
It should be intersting!

crazymofo
18-11-2010, 09:03 AM
well, im about to embark on my k4 1000 build after its recent spill....

still only spending 3k tops tho... wife would shoot me if it went higher then that lol

cheers.joe.

rod185651
18-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Good to hear that your Gixxer still lives Joe, I'll be looking forward to see what you do with it mate.

crazymofo
18-11-2010, 10:35 AM
i pulled the tank off to have a look see myself, removed the starter motor, the fucking crank case had NO cracks in it. fucking knob head repaired swore there was one. aw well at least now i get to keep my 180kmph wheelie machine :D

bought new tail, subframe, swingarm, tank, bars, front guard, headlight, calipers, master cylinder, clutch perch, rear shock... awaiting postman to bring it all to me. plenty more in store, will put up a build thread once home from racing this weekend.

cheers.joe.

boris
18-11-2010, 02:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by crazymofo

well, im about to embark on my k4 1000 build after its recent spill....

still only spending 3k tops tho... wife would shoot me if it went higher then that lol

cheers.joe.

what you mean is you're only telling her about $3k you spend on it :D

RevHead
18-11-2010, 04:13 PM
like me im not gunna tell the ball n chain im buying $3000 rims ,id be living in the shed ffs.lol

Shadowzone
18-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah rightyo then count me in guys and gals.

NFI what I'm gonna do, but I'll sort something..

I do wish to win the POS award though as I feel it's within my reach.....

Weaselman
18-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Ok now im chasing somthing and there is a plan in the works

chopiesel
18-11-2010, 07:55 PM
iv got a 95 cbr900 im going to look at tomorrow

i dont ave a missus to worry about at the moment but my tlr might get a bit cranky if it sees me building another bike!!

Butters
22-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Hmm, my mate might have a gsx250 for sale soon for 800 bucks. Crappy cafe racer I think shall be my project... Gonna be retro as.

scotty
22-11-2010, 06:15 AM
awww well i wont there to be a few more trophys. What about 1 for best hair

kev@vcm
22-11-2010, 07:34 AM
BEST MULLET LMFAO

fimpBIKES
22-11-2010, 11:13 AM
hi butters

i could sell you a good gsx250 for a similar price
let me know if your keen ;)

Chase
22-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Here's a little gem of a project..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Suzuki-GS-650-G-Katana-1983-/270664333453?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item3f04d9f88d

or

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Suzuki-Katana-GS650G-1982-/260692636631?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item3cb27df3d7

Shadowzone
22-11-2010, 04:02 PM

Here's a little gem of a project..

or

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Suzuki-Katana-GS650G-1982-/260692636631?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item3cb27df3d7

I think my mrs is going to kill me. That's just round the corner from me. Not so keen on the shaft drive, but I'm sure I could do something interesting with it...

Chase
22-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Happy to help SZ ;)

zedsled
24-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Fuck it, i'm in. I have been thinking about another project, as i only have two on the go atm. Purchased donor bike this morning. Something old and fast!!

Gix11
24-11-2010, 05:13 PM
That's so like you Jase. Don't say a word for ages and then when something that involves you building YET ANOTHER bike pops up, you're back in the game!

By the way, email me your current address mate, I still have these photos of your Zed from the ASF Calendar on a disc waiting to go! (Sorry mate, it's only been 2 years....). Same goes for you Hillsy.

Weaselman
24-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Im chasing one of those GS's chase

zedsled
25-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Hey Si, yea mate been out of the seen for a bit, you know changing jobs, 3 teenage kids, bills, blah blah blah. Finished the gs1000 off(finally got the turbo sorted) and have Been using that as my everyday ride and the z and Kat got kind of forgotten. But I dragged the covers of them on the weekend and they are amazingly close to beeing finished, And started wondering/ thinking of an excuse to start another project. so with renewed fighter enthusiasm I jumped on the site to see what had been happening, ended up here on this thread. I Put the feelers out for project bike, bought one within 3 hours, getting delivered tommorrow. Absolute basket case, totally dismantled, including engine, turning up in a big wooden box. I think i'll call it Karma.

zedsled
25-11-2010, 12:53 AM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1290666403.jpg

Guess what it is???

Shadowzone
25-11-2010, 10:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by zedsled

Guess what it is???

One of these perhaps?

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1290725544.jpg

Fight_fan
25-11-2010, 10:58 AM
looks more like n old zed frame to me than a bandit, but i could be wrong...

Hillsy
25-11-2010, 11:06 AM

Guess what it is???

T500?? GT750????

rod185651
25-11-2010, 12:20 PM

Guess what it is???

A frame?

latheboy
25-11-2010, 01:18 PM

Guess what it is???

A frame?

Plus some random bike parts?

Large
25-11-2010, 02:45 PM
kawasaki 500 triple

Gix11
25-11-2010, 05:49 PM
I think Large may be on the money. An H1 Kwaka?

Fish
25-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey Jase, Got a pics of the gs1000?

evad
25-11-2010, 06:31 PM
you guys are close, just the size wrong :D:D

Redmohawk
25-11-2010, 06:42 PM

ozzy1100
25-11-2010, 07:08 PM
is it the h2 750 fuck that would be hot been a few in streetfighter over the yrs

zedsled
25-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Yea ozz, 1973 h2 750. Just got dropped off thanks to steve at metropolitan motorcycles in sydney who not only sold it to me for a good price, he then put it on his ute and drove up to brisbane and delivered it. Hows that for service!! Anyway, im thinking cafe/fighter. let me get it unpacked and i'll start my build thread

zedsled
25-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey Brendan, no mate havent got any photos of the gs, that would mean i would have to clean it. hasn't really changed much since you last saw it, it just runs a lot smoother now

Redmohawk
26-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Well it seems you gave me to good a time at this NFR and now I seem to be building a mini 7/11 using a gsxr400 with a rf600 stuffed into the frame , motor in the shed with some dust on it frame in melbourne with my name on it. Just got to get down there give it a looking at and drag it home. Where its going to be built is a good question shed is stacked to the point of stuff falling out now.