PDA

View Full Version : Magazine shoots and other Boxer stuff

Boxer
17-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey guys,

I've been a bit quite lately, had alot on, but it's all good. 2011 is looking like a great year for new an exciting projects.

Firstly, I've been doing quite a bit of photography for some great magazines both here and overseas. Some stuff you might have seen pop up (Yoshimura factory tour with Fujio Yoshimura himself, Bulldock etc). Getting back on home turf though I'd love to shoot more fighters for these magazines. Doesn't matter which state you're in, If I can line up a few shoots I'll travel.

If you're keen shoot me an email with your contact details, some pics and details of the bike to boxer@hoonmedia.com

Otherwise, few small changes happening to Bladerod, there's a Japanese V-Twin heading my way and an ex AMCN project bike that's since seen better days.

xa-mont
17-11-2010, 11:05 AM
You can take photo's of my bike if you want... pretty sure it isn't magazine worthy though...

crazymofo
17-11-2010, 12:03 PM
welcome to take some shots of this....

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/crazymofojoe/gladius/DSC_0017800x600.jpg

doesnt look like much but compared to a stocker....

http://www.bikersworldstore.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/g/l/gladius-blue.jpg

im sure it would make an interesting read... located on the gold coast.

cheers.joe.

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
17-11-2010, 12:41 PM
More than happy to have you shoot my bike although it's not exactly a prize winner.
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14320

Boxer
17-11-2010, 12:45 PM
No matter if you think it's up to scratch of not guys, please just email through. My membership ran out Old Skoot, I need to renew, can't see your pics.

Email through, contact details, and where you're located.

Cheers

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
17-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Strange you're showing up as a paid member. Try looking in members area passwords to access members area.

mozza
17-11-2010, 02:21 PM
I'd be keen if you are interested, my bike is certainly not a show piece but I'd love some pics done as Streetfighter Magazine has offered to do a write up if I can get some good pics. I also have a mate that lives around the corner with a pretty cool GSX1400. Gitzy probably has a pic of the GSX1400 he can post here for me as I don't have one on this PC

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1289987912.jpg

xa-mont
17-11-2010, 03:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by mozza

my bike is certainly not a show piece

WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT YOUNG MAN!!!

Your bike is a fucking stunner!

mozza
17-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks mate. Looks good from a-far, bit rough up close.

Big Dan
17-11-2010, 05:12 PM
That looks fuckin awesome mozza just what i want[:p]

mozza
17-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks, it's a pity that it never gets ridden. I'm lucky to ride once a month these days and it never gets cleaned.

Gitzy
17-11-2010, 07:24 PM
As long as she's clean for a photo shoot Moz all good..

A few dual pics with your mates GSX14 would rock I reckon too..

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/Gitzy84/Suzuki/1270114359.jpg

Big Dan
17-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Any chance i could get a list of the mods you have done on it?
When you sell it i want first pick:D

Gitzy
17-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Here is Mozza's build thread Dan.. lotsa piccies..

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19339

TurboKat
17-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Hey Boxer, how much are you paying the owners for your feature bikes?
I might be interested if the price is right.

Big Dan
17-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Thanks Gitzy

quote:Originally posted by Gitzy

Here is Mozza's build thread Dan.. lotsa piccies..

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19339

EXBEN
17-11-2010, 08:26 PM
quote:TurboKat Posted - 17 Nov 2010 : 20:56:52
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Typical.......[B)]

EXBEN
17-11-2010, 08:32 PM
quote:Boxer Posted - 17 Nov 2010 : 12:02:25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys,

I've been a bit quite lately, had alot on, but it's all good. 2011 is looking like a great year for new an exciting projects.

Firstly, I've been doing quite a bit of photography for some great magazines both here and overseas. Some stuff you might have seen pop up (Yoshimura factory tour with Fujio Yoshimura himself, Bulldock etc). Getting back on home turf though I'd love to shoot more fighters for these magazines. Doesn't matter which state you're in, If I can line up a few shoots I'll travel.

If you're keen shoot me an email with your contact details, some pics and details of the bike to boxer@hoonmedia.com

Otherwise, few small changes happening to Bladerod, there's a Japanese V-Twin heading my way and an ex AMCN project bike that's since seen better days.
I can't recommend Boxer highly enough, he's a top bloke with a fantastic eye for shots that you just wouldn't think of getting, he's very creative. Some peope just have a knack for this stuff & he's one of them.[8D]

Boxer
17-11-2010, 08:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

Are you drunk?

EXBEN
17-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Yup......Hic.....

EXBEN
17-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Oh...... you mean him......:D

TurboKat
17-11-2010, 09:34 PM
I thought it was a fair question, I know magazines pay well for freelance contributions so I assumed you would be paying the bike owners... no?

oldskool
17-11-2010, 09:47 PM
He would need a bad arse filter for your mug princess!

EXBEN
17-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Do you know anyone thats ever been paid for a bike shoot.
I don't ....

Boxer
17-11-2010, 09:57 PM

I thought it was a fair question, I know magazines pay well for freelance contributions so I assumed you would be paying the bike owners... no?

I honestly thought you were being a smart arse

In all the time I've been in magazines, be it bike mags, Street Machine, Fast Fours etc I can't remember any owners being paid. I think the payment comes in the form of recognition of a great feat. When Two Wheels ran my bike I was very humbled

17-11-2010, 10:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by Boxer

I honestly thought you were being a smart arse

In all the time I've been in magazines, be it bike mags, Street Machine, Fast Fours etc I can't remember any owners being paid. I think the payment comes in the form of recognition of a great feat. When Two Wheels ran my bike I was very humbled

:D

TurboKat
17-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Yes I do actually Ben, there's a bloke in Vic who does lots of H/D stuff as well as Street Machines & Hotrods, he told me there's very good $$ in freelancing & it's fairly competitive so he pays for his material & he does very well out of it.
He joked with me that Joe Builder has no idea how much money he makes out of their hard work & 99% of owners/builders think that it's a privelege to have their machine in print, he reckons it's the right thing to do if he pays them something although he knows he doesn't have to.
[u]In his words</u>; 'Anyone who doesn't pay for material is a blood sucking leech'
It's just plain old supply & demand, if a freelancer has no material, he makes no money.

17-11-2010, 10:17 PM
I'd like to meet his bloke.

Never yet heard of ANY freelancer paying to shoot any car or bike. Ever.

Boxer
17-11-2010, 10:27 PM

Yes I do actually Ben, there's a bloke in Vic who does lots of H/D stuff as well as Street Machines & Hotrods, he told me there's very good $$ in freelancing & it's fairly competitive so he pays for his material & he does very well out of it.
He joked with me that Joe Builder has no idea how much money he makes out of their hard work & 99% of owners/builders think that it's a privelege to have their machine in print, he reckons it's the right thing to do if he pays them something although he knows he doesn't have to.
[u]In his words</u>; 'Anyone who doesn't pay for material is a blood sucking leech'
It's just plain old supply & demand, if a freelancer has no material, he makes no money.

I'd like to meet this guy too, he could buy me and the rest of us a beer with all of the money he's making

xa-mont
18-11-2010, 06:55 AM
fuck needing money for having photo's of your bike/car taken. the pro quality photo's and the possible inclusion in a magazine is all i would need. if anyone expects to get paid for it they are a fucking tight ass. these aren't celebrity weddings here mate, they are bikes.

Gix11
19-11-2010, 01:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Boxer

No matter if you think it's up to scratch of not guys, please just email through. My membership ran out Old Skoot, I need to renew, can't see your pics.

Email through, contact details, and where you're located.

Cheers

Been a while Mark, click here mate: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3794

Gix11
19-11-2010, 01:20 PM
As for getting paid for photos, I've heard most guys actually pay a pro to get their photos done to send to the magazines, so just the opposite. Maybe the whole 'Hardly' game is different?

In this situation, Boxer is a pro photographer and he's offering his services for free. Sounds like a good deal to me.

By the way, where have you been hiding Mark? Give me a call when you're up here next.

xa-mont
19-11-2010, 01:29 PM
MY thoughts exactly!

mozza
19-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Hey Boxer, just wanted to show an updated pic in case it might help sway you in coming down to Tas to take some pics !!

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1290259777.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1290178547.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1290169221.jpg

Gitzy
19-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Ooooh look at me with my kick ass Bandit and its wicked new headlight thus making its awesomeness significantly larger than was already achieved.. ;):D

mozza
19-11-2010, 08:24 PM
you taking the piss Gitzy? I'd just really appreciate someone taking some good quality shots of my bike. Not only would they be great to keep but it would also be pretty cool to see it published some where.

Anyway, I thought you didn't mind the look of the old girl ? Sorry if I'm over posting pics of it, it's only a shed build, but, I'm still proud of it all the same :)

xa-mont
19-11-2010, 08:40 PM
i think that was a bit of an underhanded compliment moz.

Like the rest of us (thats everyone in the world just for your record) i'm sure that gitzy fucking loves your bike!

Gitzy
19-11-2010, 08:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by xa-mont

i'm sure that gitzy fucking loves your bike!

Absofucknlutely..

Yup taking the piss Moz.. you don't post near enough piccies for me dude.. I personally would love to see your hard work in print in at very least 2 mags I can think of right now..

This bike should be your No1 priority Mark, get down to Tassie with that camera of yours..

Soz my post didn't make much sense Shano I tend to dribble lol.. ;)

mozza
19-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Too easy mate, I'm glad you guys seem to like it. I generally don't like to say too much about my builds as not everyone's taste is the same as mine. I sent a pic into Rapid and got no response, it has been a bit of a budgeted build so as stated before the quality is not as high as it could have been, but its pretty clean all the same. The intention from the start was to build a bike I could just ride and not put too much maintanence into or have to keep all pretty and clean - so far so good !

I really would love some pic's Boxer if your ever down this way.

wackyrider
19-11-2010, 10:26 PM
The only form of payment I have heard of is that sometimes they get given copies of the photos taken, sometimes a large printout as well, plus published in a magazine.

For me that would be great already

Rapid
21-11-2010, 08:28 AM

Too easy mate, I'm glad you guys seem to like it. I generally don't like to say too much about my builds as not everyone's taste is the same as mine. I sent a pic into Rapid and got no response, it has been a bit of a budgeted build so as stated before the quality is not as high as it could have been, but its pretty clean all the same. The intention from the start was to build a bike I could just ride and not put too much maintanence into or have to keep all pretty and clean - so far so good !

I really would love some pic's Boxer if your ever down this way.

Hi mozza - just stumbled across this. I just went through my emails and files and I've not had any contact from you - never seen the bike so perhaps wrong email addy or something. We always chase any bikes up mate - and we have four Tassie bikes to shoot in January/Feb sent me an email or call the office and we can get your details on file. Sorry about this...
Jeff Ware...

mozza
21-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks Jeff, if your interested, when in Tassie you can contact me on either 0439 349 450 or smorrisby@das.com.au

Boxer
22-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Wow, no shame right there :P As mentioned guys, would prefer you to email me your photos and details rather than posting them. To all the guys who have done this already, top job.

Bike looks great Mozza, I'm unashamedly Tasmanian by birth and love heading back to where I spent the first 6 years of my life when I can. Where in Tassie are you based?

mozza
23-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Hey Boxer, I'm based in Hobart approx 15 mins from the airport.

Rapid
27-11-2010, 09:15 PM

Thanks Jeff, if your interested, when in Tassie you can contact me on either 0439 349 450 or smorrisby@das.com.au

Cheers mate.
Jeff.

mozza
05-12-2010, 05:03 PM
sorry to mention Jeff but I sent another email last week with recent pics and again received no response ?? No email bounce back and I used the email address in the Rapid mag ?

05-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Hey Mozza,

Re-send it and include me: mickwithers@rapidbikes.com.au

Alex (our editorial assistant) has only been in a couple of days a week lately, she may not have got to it and passed it on to Jeff yet. Or. . . anything could've happened.

Anyway, send it to admin and me. Guaranteed that it'll get to Jeff one way or the other.

Have fun

mozza
05-12-2010, 06:56 PM
thanks

ALBI
06-12-2010, 08:29 AM
hey mozza is ur seat a gixr 1000 2008?? im wanting the same as urs for my tl but i can only buy parts from different places including egay?
oh by the way nice scoot

mozza
06-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Nah the seat is from a 2007 R6