PDA

View Full Version : misc. parts for my XS project

xa-mont
09-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Hey guys,

Thought i would post up a list of all the stuff i need for my XS just in case anyone has anything to help me out.

front wheel bearing - probably ebay
front brake pads - probably ebay
fork oil seals - probably ebay
fork dust seals - probably ebay
steering head bearings - probably ebay
headlight and bracket - Looking for a 5"ish round headlight
incidators - looking for something stock looking but smaller - probably get from ebay i guess.
clip ons - 33mm forks i think
switchgear - mine are faded and crap.
grips - probably ebay
gauges - i think i have found some on ebay
engine rebuild kit
air filters - probably ebay
clutch cable - probably ebay
throttle cable - probably ebay
foot pegs - thinking of making my own rearsets to move the peg location back a bit for more of a cafe style, but if anyone has and bits that might help with that that would be great.
ignition - i dont have a key for mine :P
elec ignition parts - thinking i should convert this sucker to elec ignition, so if anyone has any bits that i could use let me know
tacho cable - probably ebay
speedo cable - probably ebay
Exhaust - reverse cone type short mufflers and black exhaust tape

Anything else anyone has that they think might help let me know. I am going pretty budget on this thing, going to try and keep the total under 2k plus RWC/rego.

latheboy
09-11-2010, 12:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by xa-mont

Hey guys,

Thought i would post up a list of all the stuff i need for my XS just in case anyone has anything to help me out.

front wheel bearing - probably ebayNO
fork oil seals - probably ebayNO
fork dust seals - probably ebayNO
steering head bearings - probably ebayNO
incidators - looking for something stock looking but smaller - probably get from ebay i guess.
grips - probably ebay
engine rebuild kit
foot pegs - thinking of making my own rearsets to move the peg location back a bit for more of a cafe style, but if anyone has and bits that might help with that that would be great.
elec ignition parts - thinking i should convert this sucker to elec ignition, so if anyone has any bits that i could use let me know

Anything else anyone has that they think might help let me know. I am going pretty budget on this thing, going to try and keep the total under 2k plus RWC/rego.

Go to a Bearing joint with the bearing numbers and it'll be heaps cheaper than a bike shop.
I got some fork seal off ebay and binned them, i wouldn't do it.
Make friends with the local bike shop. They'll look after you if you keep going back.

Shadowzone
09-11-2010, 12:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

quote:Originally posted by xa-mont

Hey guys,

front wheel bearing - probably ebayNO
fork oil seals - probably ebayNO
fork dust seals - probably ebayNO
steering head bearings - probably ebayNO
grips - probably ebay
engine rebuild kit

Go to a Bearing joint with the bearing numbers and it'll be heaps cheaper than a bike shop.
I got some fork seal off ebay and binned them, i wouldn't do it.
Make friends with the local bike shop. They'll look after you if you keep going back.

Most bike shops will also give you a discount if you ask for it. Hell most retail outlets will discount stuff if you ask.

xa-mont
09-11-2010, 12:22 PM
but local bike shops are such hard work... you have to actually get outside and whatnot :P

How would i find the bearing numbers? the steering ones in the bike now are POS loose ball ones, i would like to replace them with roller ones.

Jockney Rebel
09-11-2010, 01:09 PM
what fits that bike >
any XS cycle parts from 77 on [250/400]
switch gear is the same across the model range from 76-about 85
all the running gear eg wheels/brakes etc etc are the same as the air cooled RD range of the same year
elec ign ...boyer bransden

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
09-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Hey Travis, I have a headlight unit like the one you got for slagging Gitzy off. Yours if you pick it up.