PDA

View Full Version : Mityvac

HOS
07-11-2010, 02:00 AM
Finally its time to use this Mityvac I bought last year.
Been putting it off, I`m not good with new tech. [xx(]

But charging and bleeding brake/clutch lines is a real pisser, so
I`m going to give this gadget a go.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1289110707.jpg

I`m gonna do some photos and let ya know how it goes. ;)
As long as I don`t throw a total rod and end up smashing it up into hundreds of very small pieces of plastic or burning it with a blow torch.

RevHead
07-11-2010, 06:34 AM
i bought a snap on one of these. used it for the 1st time 2 weeks ago to bleed brakes,found the plastic hose was a little to big

HOS
07-11-2010, 08:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

i bought a snap on one of these. used it for the 1st time 2 weeks ago to bleed brakes,found the plastic hose was a little to big

Was that a problem with fitting to the bleed nipples Pete?
How did you get over it ?

This Mityvac has sort of"cups" that fit over the nipples, you can see them in the bottom right hand picture.

HOS
07-11-2010, 08:40 AM
What I`m not sure about is that the Mityvac is for bleeding one caliper and one bleed nipple according to the instructions.

But I have two full length braided lines to each front caliper from the master cyl.

So I`m not sure if they will bleed one at a time or if I will have to put a "Y" piece in the tube to connect both lines and bleed at the same time?

livewire
07-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Wouldn't the air go to the 'highest' one?
Make sure you get both bleeders, inside and out.

megawatt
07-11-2010, 12:03 PM
I've used one when I couldn't bleed my brakes after using one and a half litres of fluid. Took one reservoir full and 3 minutes with the Mity vac, brilliant tool. You do one caliper at a time, until they both feel bled. Don't draw too much vacuum or you will draw air in through the bleed nipple threads, seal em with silicone or grease.

07-11-2010, 08:49 PM
A 50 or 60ml flushing syringe works very well, too.

Applies plenty of vacuum.

RevHead
07-11-2010, 08:54 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1289140045.jpg

i put a cable tie on it that fixed it ,

HOS
07-11-2010, 09:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by megawatt

I've used one when I couldn't bleed my brakes after using one and a half litres of fluid. Took one reservoir full and 3 minutes with the Mity vac, brilliant tool. You do one caliper at a time, until they both feel bled. Don't draw too much vacuum or you will draw air in through the bleed nipple threads, seal em with silicone or grease.

Thanks mate thats very useful [8D]

Hillsy
08-11-2010, 03:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by playswithnitro

A 50 or 60ml flushing syringe works very well, too.

Applies plenty of vacuum.

Even a 20cc one from your local chemist will do the trick - and only cost you about $2

StuNVA
08-11-2010, 07:03 PM
My daughters horse vet gave me a couple of 80ml horse needles, I use one to suck from the res and one to push from the caliper, piece of piss. The vinyl hose from the hardware store cost about $2. Nice tip on the grease on the nipple as I've had air suck in there before.

When I done the dual lines on the gixer I just done one until fluid appeared at the res and then done the other, it just pushed the air out. Leave the cap on the res unless you are actually sucking the fluid out of it though, I got a couple of drop on the fairing when it bubbled a little.

I was looking at one of these Si, it'll be good to see if it's better than the syringes.