PDA

View Full Version : dam yamaha

pommie02
27-02-2007, 08:53 PM
are there any yamaha experts out there...ones that know about the old bikes namely my fzr 1000. i am having problems with my carbies

sharky
27-02-2007, 09:14 PM
What sort of probs ?

Booster
27-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Bit of a miss/rough running at idle but goes ok otherwise? maybe a little bit harder to start than it used to be?
Check your valve clearances.

pommie02
27-02-2007, 11:03 PM
no the engine has been rebuilt, runs great...its just to rich
according to yamaha it has got the wrong emulsion tubes in it. but it was a jap import. it has 132 main jets which were the smallest in the dynojet kit. but on the dyno it dies under load and makes your eyes water its that rich. in order to jet it i will have to smaller than original.....but it has a big bore kit, uniflow filters and a short pipe....maybe i should buy a postie bike !

28-02-2007, 12:51 AM
jesus its an old topic,and correct me if i'm wrong,but Dynojet do not supply new emmulsion tuibes with there stage 3 kits,but Factory Pro do.??? So therefore the Jet Needle is incorrectly matched to the needle jet,and/or emmulsion tubes?

but more to the point,why is the Dyno not telling you where its too rich?If it dies under load at say 6-8000rpm then it not quite fullyu running on the main jet but rather a combination of the main and needle,have you tried dropping needle clip positions yet? are you running Dynajet slide venturi's and springs ?
Is that model running the down draft carbies?

dont ya love it when somekunt answers a question with 7 questions...lol

pommie02
28-02-2007, 06:08 AM
the bike dies at 3000 rpm, it is always rich...
i fitted new springs and needles from the dynojet kit. the kit was for a uk model, no one seems to do one for a jap market model... factory pro have just emailed me asking if yamaha can supply new tubes!