PDA

View Full Version : Bartercard

sharky
27-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Anyone on here seen/used it ? Seems like a good idea.

chopiesel
27-02-2007, 08:55 PM
ok i am pretty familiar with it.

i used to get part of my pay as barter.

if your a buissness, what happens is bartercard give you a set limit you can overdraw on when you sign up, it starts at 5 grand i think and then it can increase as you take in more barter dollars. my old work had a 50 grand limit, meaning they could spend up to 50 grand of bartercards money, and the trick is, to use it and keep it at around 40-50 meaning you owe them money so they push more buissness your way so they can get paid back, but then you need to also try to sell cash items to the barter customers. you also can buy alot of products on barter, i used to work for hertz trucks and we would buy all the cleaning products and also moving boxes on barter. plus they send all members emails daily with deals that other members are having, my boss bought 4 plasma tv's on barter just before i left there. so as long as you can spend it it is pretty good to use. my boss also paid 75 grand deposit on a new house in barter dollars as the builder took bartercard.

now as an employee getting some pay in barter it was good. there are alot of places here in canberra that take it, some pubs and hotels too. i have had many a big night and paid on bartercard. but you have to be able to use it for things you need or its really no good.
plus, when buying something on barter it will be full price, and sometimes then some!! and you will get no extras, for instance we would not deliver busses to the airport if they paid barter and they could only use barter for up to 2 weeks of a rental.

hope that helps

i just logged onto my old works account and here is a screenshot

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/306/untitled2copyzq9.jpg

loosebruce
27-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Sounds interesting, How does the tax dept get their bit?

27-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Very big amongst small businees owners in NSW C/Coast,it does work well. But at the end of the day i'd rather swap 10 minutes labor for a carton of TED's.
the whole idea of the "what do you do for a job" topic was to get the ASF barter thing happening,but everyone decided to give detailed descriptions of every job they've had since delivering newspapers as a juvenile instead.
maybe we need a new thread..."Swap my skills for yours" ???

dazz
28-02-2007, 08:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by davo

maybe we need a new thread..."Swap my skills for yours" ???

I am prepared to swap my extreme laziness for someone elses yard maintenance skills:D