PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Blade slippin/jumping out of gear

collie
05-11-2010, 02:02 AM
Hi ya im going to look at a blade tomorow and fella has told me its starting to slip out of second gear if u ride it hard... why do they do this?? ring the teeth?? is it a big job to fix?? would it run into alot of money?? any info would be great give me sumthing to beat the price down with..[:p]

RevHead
05-11-2010, 07:19 AM
if it gots gear box probs,bash him on the price i bought my 1st 95 blade with a busted 3rd gear ,pretty easy fix,just time consuming 3rd gear new cost me $90 and about 1 day to do but while motor was out bike got a total rebuild,couldnt help myself

robmac
05-11-2010, 07:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by collie

Hi ya im going to look at a blade tomorow and fella has told me its starting to slip out of second gear if u ride it hard... why do they do this?? ring the teeth?? is it a big job to fix?? would it run into alot of money?? any info would be great give me sumthing to beat the price down with..[:p]

They do this because of people trying to wheelie and getting their abilities and ambitions mixed up. Getting the front up in first (usually not high enough), hurrying the gearchange and either missing it completely or crunching it in hence the fucked 2nd gear.

A complete gearbox rebuild can cost a bit if you get someone to do it for you......do you live close to Pete?? ;)

Shadowzone
05-11-2010, 08:45 AM
It is also a pretty common thing for them to go around the 70,000 k's mark even if they haven't been hammered with wheelies and just flat changed (no clutch). The box doesn't survive. 70,000 k's is a fair bit of riding though, I'd be inclined to buy it because to replace the box isn't horrendously expensive and while the cases are split dropping a wiseco kit through the motor won't cost very much more as Pete said,then you have a bike that will last you longtime unless you do something bad to it..

collie
05-11-2010, 10:28 AM
wel theres 77k on the bike so its prob average enough to go on it.. i think i can get my hands on a good second hand box from bac home for 250euro plus posting.. find out over the weekend about that.. do yous know anybody round perth that could sort this for me???

collie
05-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Heres a link to the bike im going to look at anybody know it or anything about it??? dont think its overly priced if i knock few $ off him and rectafiy the problem i think there will be a few $ to b made on it..
http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-motorbikes-motorcycles-scooters-motorbikes-motorcycles-Honda-CBR-900-RR-94-Swap-for-VT-Commodore-W0QQAdIdZ239369032

Shadowzone
05-11-2010, 11:45 AM
$2500 - $3000 tops for the bike with the new box being needed, And there a a fair few ASF boys in Perth who could probably help/teach you do it in exchange for beer/bourbon tokens.

Just wave the cash in his face and keep talking dollars to fix.

Gix11
05-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Morry (Rock Hard) will be the man you're looking for: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=1503

Catch up with the boys on Sunday and have a chat: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21368

collie
05-11-2010, 06:54 PM
ive decided to leave the blade reckon im gonna be up around 18/1900 by time its fixed and then there will be a few other things i wil want done on it and it will be standing me too much.. think il spend the money on the gixxer instead afterall they are the original streetfighters..... any1 got a 1200 bandit engine or 1127 for sale???

collie
05-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Sorry cant do the meet on sunday flying out then...

Shadowzone
05-11-2010, 07:46 PM
PM Sent...