PDA

View Full Version : SV1000S conversion...could use some help

ianG
27-02-2007, 06:53 PM
I picked up my new/used SV1KS and have stripped everything down with plans to convert it. I've quickly learned that it's not quite as clear cut as I had suspected. I figured longer brake lines and throttle cables would be required, but I wasn't planning on having to replace the clutch master cylinder.

Anyone here who has done the conversion that might be able to give me some insight as to what I need to do that I may have over looked?

Thanks,
Ian

Tony Nitrous
27-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Whats the reason behind having to replace the clutch master cylinder?

If you have stock lines its a good time to go to braided lines anyway.

Cant you get away with stock throttle cables if they are re-routed?

Tony.J.

fimpBIKES
27-02-2007, 08:51 PM
why need to replace that?

how about some pics?

ianG
28-02-2007, 03:52 AM
No photos just yet, sorry.

All the part numbers for the SV1k and SV1Ks are the same except for the controls and headlight assembly. The throttle cables and clutch m/c are longer for the standard model. After taking a closer look there doesn't seem to be many options for re-routing the throttle cables and the clutch m/c hose looks a little on the short side.

I'll give it a shot, but was hoping someone on here may have already played wth this set up and could offer some first hand advice.

Thanks,
Ian

Stocky
28-02-2007, 07:21 AM
The brake and clutch master cylinders are different from S to the N models.

The difference is just the style and shape.

The N has the built in reseviours.

You don't need to change them.

You can get a custom clutch hose made easy enough or just buy the Suzuki one from the N model.

The throttle tubes are different too. The cables from the N should fit the S though.

Hope this helps.

ianG
28-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Helps a ton stocky, thanks.

Anyone want to buy a really nice set of body work for an SV1Ks..:D