PDA

View Full Version : Does Castor Oil Go Off?

Large
02-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Any oil experts hereabouts?

I've picked up another kart on the weekend and it came with 4 1/2 litres of Castrol R 2 stroke Castor oil.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1288770877.jpg

I has to be at least 8 or 10 years old, but 4 cans were unopened, it's still clear and doesn't smell funny. I want to run it in the CR, to get that wonderful smell, but I don't want to fuck the moteur.

Gitzy
02-11-2010, 03:39 PM
I just did a little goooglage and everyone keeps raving about the smell of this oil.. Please elaborate Mr Large... what does it smell like?

EXBEN
02-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Toooo Stroooke........MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........;)

robmac
02-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Smells like how racing should be......mix in some burnt clutch and its like being back at the races I used to go to as a kid in Ireland mmmm nice.

I wouldn't think the oil would degrade and as it's still clear with no claggy bits I'd think it would be fine but I'd probably email Castrol for a definitive response or even do an oil analysis for piece of mind.

Large
02-11-2010, 04:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gitzy

I just did a little goooglage and everyone keeps raving about the smell of this oil.. Please elaborate Mr Large... what does it smell like?

I googled it and got heaps of stuff about inducing babies...[:0]

Shadowzone
02-11-2010, 06:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

quote:Originally posted by Gitzy

I googled it and got heaps of stuff about inducing babies...[:0]

Castor Oil won't go off to the best of my knowledge as long as it is sealed in the container and unopened. I have no idea about the opened stuff I'd do an analysis or bin it.

It does induce babies Mr Large - by upsetting the digestive tract and causing diarrhoea and severe spasming in the intestines it then causes the mother to go into contractions. It used to be used in the 50's to induce overdue women and some women today still use the method.