PDA

View Full Version : is this better? (sv650) updated 2-3-07

crazymofo
26-02-2007, 07:46 PM
gday folks, redone my headlight bracket, and finished off modifying the wiring loom (cahnt of a job that is.[xx(]) to clean up the front of the bike.

ive also raised the tail up another 1 inch. what you guys think??

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/crazymofojoe/I3010040.jpg

pretty much cant bring the fairing back anymore, theres just no room left....

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/crazymofojoe/I3010041.jpg

next step... swingarm... after a bunch of rooting around and measureing... it'll be a peice of piss compared to the bastard of a wiring loom imo LOL!

cheers.joe.

Tony Nitrous
26-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Naaa...

Seat unit looks crap. Doesn't suit the bike at all.;)
I will call in tommorrow and take it off your hands.;)

:D
Good work Joe,
As always, your putting my efforts to shame.
Well done. [8D]

You keeping the Clip-on's for the twistys ?
I recon im going to struggle when you get some good tyre's on yours!

Gix11
26-02-2007, 08:05 PM
That looks better mate. Much better.

crazymofo
26-02-2007, 08:05 PM
most definately keeping the clip ons for the twisties, i just dont get the feel from the front tyre with curvy bars..

im thinking of buying some bridgy 020's for the run down to dubbo what ya reckon tony? [:P] [xx:]

cheers.joe.

Tony Nitrous
26-02-2007, 08:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by crazymofo

im thinking of buying some bridgy 020's for the run down to dubbo what ya reckon tony? [:P] [xx:]
cheers.joe.

I was hopeing you might go for a Cheng-Shing touring tyre
and give the rest of us a bloody chance! ;)

26-02-2007, 08:20 PM

most definately keeping the clip ons for the twisties, i just dont get the feel from the front tyre with curvy bars..

cheers.joe.

Have you tried drag bars Crazy? I find they give more feedback than flat bars, much closer to clip-ons, but better control overall.

fimpBIKES
26-02-2007, 08:36 PM
if the top of the light was at a similar angle to the foward top bit of the tank it would look perfect

but then im guessing that the lighting might be a bit compromised eh?

yeah, im throwing something cruisy on the rear of mine for the fools run

crazymofo
26-02-2007, 08:52 PM
nah havent yet chalky, i have considered it, seeing the pics of most, they look bloody straight (bugger all sweep) and when you regulary ride 800k's on any given sunday, having bars with a fair bit of sweep are easier on the wrists. tho i wouldnt rule em out, as with some low risers and some dragbars, bar height would be close to the standard height of the original sv front end.

tony, i'll be fair mate... for dubbo, i'll go back to my old faithfulls... pilot powers mmmmm grip. (tho i really gotta try them M3's)

cheers.joe.

crazymofo
26-02-2007, 08:56 PM
fimp, the last time i bolted them up, the front lights point only 5 or so meters infront, when legal law is 11m in front....pfft fark the law ya say? im a big fan of flat out night time mountain riding, theres no rush like it, so ive angled them so they are focused about 15m in front, as there isnt a highbeam with em.

cheers.joe.

Deano
26-02-2007, 09:37 PM
not sure about the angle of the tail mate. might look a little better in the flesh or with the seats on but to me looks a little steep.

good work otherwise

my 2 cents

abusa
26-02-2007, 10:03 PM
At first glance the seat unit looked a bit steep then on closer inspection I like how it nearly follows the lines of the frame. Bike has that european look now, will be interesting when the seat goes back on!

Shayne

Cruisecontrol
27-02-2007, 04:55 AM
Are you going to grind the swear word off the top yoke?

The bike looks great. Tail is perfect.

Iceman
27-02-2007, 09:27 AM
It's com'n along nicely Joe.

I reckon you should align the tip of the tail with the top of the tank, this will give you a tiptop result. lol

geesexar
27-02-2007, 10:03 AM
looks slick joe..nice sweepin high tail..i like it

damo1
27-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Looks good mate .
I have to ask feel free to bag me but is the zx6 tail bolted to the orig sv sub frame or does it have the sv subie?
Its a real nice fit and really suits the bike suzuki should have built it that way from the start.That in cludes the front end.

crazymofo
27-02-2007, 07:09 PM
thanks guys :)

damo: subbie is zx6r item with the top rail cut back 150mm and the mounting lugs brought in closer by 20mm either side, the lower rail is left alone, i just made up a couple of adapter brackets to bolt the lower rails and the sv frame.

i had the tail unit a little lower last week, the tip of the tail was pretty much horizontal with the tank, but i thought id raise it a little to get it a little more aggressive.

cheers.joe.

BOHEMION
27-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Lookin great mate!! you gonna stick with the clip ons then ?

crazymofo
27-02-2007, 08:06 PM
yep sure am, i know its not typical streetfighter style, but fuck it, i'll do it my way :P

cheers.joe.

shift1313
27-02-2007, 09:52 PM
i think it looks good. i really need to see the tail with the seat cowl on to tell about the height. It might be perfect or just a bit high. I like the fact that you stayed with clip ons. It makes for a much better handling bike if you like the twisties. keeps your weight forward. You got a front fender?

good job!

speeddemon
01-03-2007, 10:27 AM
looks good - Clip ons????? what r they - get rid of em

01-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Bugger off the clip-ons Crazy, otherwise it looks great.

Contrary to some opinions, drag bars are just as good for keeping your weight forward, and handling through the twisties is even better, especially when you come across 'surprises' on the road.

jakam04
01-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Needs a sticker to cover that Kwaka sign on the top yoke lmao.... She might have a kwaka arse end and kwaka front, but its still got the suzuki heart...

Jarrod

01-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah, but doesn't the arse end and front end just make the bike :D

Hillsy
01-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Where ya planning on putting that dangling ignition switch? Or are you going to go the keyless option ????(http://www.streetfighters.com.au/ASF_HT_remote_ignition.asp)

And the Kwaka badge on the front end will only make the front more stable..:D

crazymofo
01-03-2007, 01:34 PM
im yet to make a rad guard and side covers to fill in the gap between the frame and the radiator, so i was thinking on the left side, make up a mount for the iggy barrel behind that cover, but that remote starter is a sweet idea.

i'll look into that shit, might rig up something simular.

im all for making mongrels LOL.

you just wait for my next project bike...it wont be any brand based at all! still run a suzuki engine tho, you know, gotta be reliable yet powerfull.

chalky, find me a set of drag bars with a decent amount of sweep and chances are i'd use em, but im yet to see em.

cheers.joe.

BOHEMION
01-03-2007, 05:17 PM

yep sure am, i know its not typical streetfighter style, but fuck it, i'll do it my way :P

cheers.joe.

HAHA cool stuff mate, I mean what is typical SF LOL :D

01-03-2007, 05:37 PM

im yet to make a rad guard and side covers to fill in the gap between the frame and the radiator, so i was thinking on the left side, make up a mount for the iggy barrel behind that cover, but that remote starter is a sweet idea.

i'll look into that shit, might rig up something simular.

im all for making mongrels LOL.

you just wait for my next project bike...it wont be any brand based at all! still run a suzuki engine tho, you know, gotta be reliable yet powerfull.

chalky, find me a set of drag bars with a decent amount of sweep and chances are i'd use em, but im yet to see em.

cheers.joe.

Did you see mine last year? you want more sweep than that? Probably have to get them made up yourself, not a huge job though, as I'm sure you'd know. One benefit of getting them made up yourself is you can dictate length, whereas standrd drag bars are fairly narrow, Ben actually made up extensions for mine to get the width I wanted.

HueyonaBlade
01-03-2007, 09:04 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/82889829642019.jpg

How about the sweep on Fighters bars is this what you are chasing?

crazymofo
02-03-2007, 07:22 PM
gday folks

starting mounting up the new swinger, its 04 zx6r 5.5 rear rim, and 180 section tyre. swingarm is 5mm shorter to boot too [:D:]

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/crazymofojoe/DCFC0040.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/crazymofojoe/DCFC0039.jpg

i have to notch the cross brace 15mm in order to clear the shock, and retain the zx6r linkage. the battery box has to be raised 25mm to clear the rear shocks resiviour, gotta machine off 3mm from one side (chain side) of the inner tube of the pivot bolt,this will give me wheels dead in line, then to straighten the chain line i'll use 3mm spacer on the front sproket to do this. all to easy!!

bike should be nuts in the twisties... weights now below 155kg dry, front end is lower by an inch thanks to the forks being shorter, rear swinger is shorter, better selection of tyre, radial brakes... cant wait to ride this sucka all the way to dubbo!

cheers.joe.

PS. clip on's stay!!!! [:P]

ozkat
02-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Joe, your really are fuckin nuts! :D;)

hmmmnz
02-03-2007, 09:45 PM
that thing is going to be a wheelie machine :D
nice work mate :D

Wazid
06-03-2007, 04:20 AM
MMMMMMM Joe that looks sweet as when your done no one's going to be able to tell what it is, But they'll just know it looks cool.

geesexar
06-03-2007, 05:05 AM
joe...lookin the goods..wheelie heaven

damo1
07-03-2007, 06:20 AM
With all this work getting done to the sv hows the widowmaker coming along?

07-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Ok ya cant do much with the tank angle[xx(]so,i believe that the tail & nose dont talk[8)]thats just me;)

crazymofo
07-03-2007, 04:18 PM
damo, widowmakers being re-invented as a dragbike/saltflat bike these days. should have some decent progress soon after afr.

tis cool mundy, we all have arseholes.. i mean different opinions ;) :P

cheers.joe.

10-03-2007, 03:06 PM
You asked the question[^]dont like it dont ask[:X]looks like an angry canary if ya really shood know:D

ozkat
10-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Looks shithot Joe, keep up the good work.