PDA

View Full Version : Operation Motard

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
27-10-2010, 08:23 AM
I'm about to start a new "Budget" project on my TT350 chuck chaser. Number 2 son has just got his ticket and has blagged the old girl off me. If any of you nice people have any ideas, (Gitzmeister), or any bits and pieces hanging around that may be of use to the build I would be very happy to hear from you. Picking the bike up from mates property tomorrow so will start the thresd proper then. This is either gonna be great or shitful. Piss weak bike and trying to work with the boy who has less idea than me !!!![:o)]

Gitzy
27-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Ooooh motardyness... Nice one Bryn.. I shall rummage through the shed and look for some freebie contributions to your young blokes steed.. I know I have some front fenders somewhere you could chop up and make shorty motard ones out of, save some squid there for starters.. will look for more..

What are you using wheel wise?? wreckers cbr/rgv/zxr/zzr type wheels would be the goods on a budget or some of these puppies??

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/T7WHSN0SM

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
27-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Top link there toddster thanks. Should start the boy's juices flowing. Told him if he is having a bike from me it aint gonna be a stocky when it leaves. Looking forward to this one but may take a while.

DiscoDan
27-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Hi Bryn, Torpedo 7 will have them on sale for a couple of hundred less every month or two. I'm on their mailing list so I'll post when the next sale is

Gitzy
27-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Bryn tell the youngen to snap these bastards up.. they'll look the goods for sure.. MAKE EM FIT.. Local to you too.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Motard-wheels-You-know-you-want-them-/220687164725?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3361fae535

oldskool
27-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Brian I have an RGV rear wheel and carrier for ya.

KATO ZX7
27-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Nice one Bryn, your son is going to have fun! Make sure you can borrow his wheels...

dont worry, my older brother has no idea about bikes either, i understand your pain ;)

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
27-10-2010, 01:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by oldskool

Brian I have an RGV rear wheel and carrier for ya.
Cheers buddy, I'll give you a call later after I've show the boy all the great offers of help he is getting. He'll soon be brainwashed and dragged over to the dark side. Thanks all you guys, you rock !!!

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
27-10-2010, 01:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by DiscoDan

Hi Bryn, Torpedo 7 will have them on sale for a couple of hundred less every month or two. I'm on their mailing list so I'll post when the next sale is
Thanks mate, that would be great. Have to strip it down to fuck all to get the frame cleaned and re coated, change all the bearings in swinga and head stock, clean and paint the motor, new seals on the forks,(If we keep them) so got plenty of time to wait for the right deals on parts. Got a poxy rotten drum brake on the back so def need to re-think the back end.

Jinx
27-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Here's some info on wheels, spacers and brakes.
http://home.exetel.com.au/bkm/cast-wheels-motard-drz/index.htm

wackyrider
27-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Hye Bryn, let me know when u wanna get the frame blasted. I'll see what i can do for u