PDA

View Full Version : Wanted.... someone working in a wreckers

jakam04
26-02-2007, 05:32 PM
I think we need to get some members that work in a wreckers lol... would make finding parts so much bloody easier...

By any chance... are there already any wrecker workers in here lol... if so, drop a post on this thread and I will contact you, and so will many other members....

Jarrod

Tony Nitrous
26-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Yeah Mate,

Every morning on the hour drive work in the Ute there's
almost always traffic reports "Bike and Truck in bla bla bla Street,
or "Bike and bus" or "Bike and Lamp-post" etc etc.
No sh*t, its nearly every day, I wouldn't mind but where are all the wrecks?
How can you have a city of nearly 2-million, with dick heads running
into things on a daily basis, and the local wreckers have crap ?

"Me-no-understandie"

Hillsy
26-02-2007, 07:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

Yeah Mate,

Every morning on the hour drive work in the Ute there's
almost always traffic reports "Bike and Truck in bla bla bla Street,
or "Bike and bus" or "Bike and Lamp-post" etc etc.
No sh*t, its nearly every day, I wouldn't mind but where are all the wrecks?
How can you have a city of nearly 2-million, with dick heads running
into things on a daily basis, and the local wreckers have crap ?

"Me-no-understandie"

They crash em, the insurance companies send them to the auctions and then the wreckers are outbid by dickheads who have no idea how much it will cost to repair them / get them back on the road.
Hence, no quality parts at the wreckers - just a queue of dickheads wanting parts the wreckers dont have......

Tony Nitrous
26-02-2007, 08:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

They crash em, the insurance companies send them to the auctions and then the wreckers are outbid by dickheads who have no idea how much it will cost to repair them / get them back on the road.
Hence, no quality parts at the wreckers - just a queue of dickheads wanting parts the wreckers dont have......

Yeah, you might be right.

Wonder if they know they could turn them into Streetfighters :D

WHO-NIN
02-03-2007, 09:25 PM
quote:

i've attended one of these auctions and saw a wrecked & by that i mean a fucked '06 busa go for 8 and a bit thou !!!!!! smashed forks, front rim into headers dents in the frame!!!! etc etc etc.....

but on a good note ex postie bikes go for ~$750 on average plus fees & charges(good for the 12k trip to work)... and ex cop bikes for ~$3750 plus fees & BS ~ 80,000k's (better for the 12k's to work n panniers to put my crap in....plus i'd give less of a f&*k about an ex cop bike getting fucked up parking it somewhere too!)

Jockney Rebel
03-03-2007, 02:11 PM
do you have" proceeds of crime/stolen recovered" auctions in aus?

03-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Yes there are, but couldn't tell you where, when, or by whom. Probably differs from state to state.

loosebruce
03-03-2007, 07:38 PM
No Crime mate, We're all good citizens over here.
Spoken by:
John J Citizen
101 Average St
Normaltown