PDA

View Full Version : need oil lines gsxr

RevHead
24-10-2010, 06:52 AM
my mate brody bought bluemk1 gsxr750l, the oil lines on the old motor use large olive fittings the spare motor that came with the bike has screw on oil lines,has anyone have a set they,d like to sell only thing stopping completion of the job also anyoe know what year the 2nd motor might be from ,il put up some piccis cheers pete:)

Watto
24-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Pete

when you say olive fittings do you mean banjo fittings like the slabby ?

if they are screw on fittings, sounds like a slingshot motor (89-92) but I'm not 100% sure - someone on here will know for sure

I've got some braided hose and earls screw fittings (they are straight fittings) for the sump end but not got fittings for the oil cooler end - what length are ya hoses?

other option is to change the sump and oil pickup over on the motors - I've also got the earls banjo fittings to suit the slabby sump

watto

RevHead
24-10-2010, 07:37 PM
il measure and get back to you,other sump has massive hole init were rod went through,lol

bluemk1
24-10-2010, 11:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

il measure and get back to you,other sump has massive hole init were rod went through,lol

have you got any pics of the damage or you dont intend to pull that one apart?
sort of keen to see just how bad it was inside [8D]

RevHead
25-10-2010, 06:55 AM
i,l pull it down in a few days and snap a few piccis for u bloke,

latheboy
25-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Why dont you use the blown motors sump then you can use the old oil lines.

RevHead
25-10-2010, 05:55 PM
i had a look at the old sump its not cracked or broken so i probly will^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^