PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne or Brissy ??

sharky
25-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Well...Now we're in a pickle...Do we go to Mel or Brisvegas ?
Wifey is concerned about the humidity....She doesn't handle it well..(Guess she just can't stand leavin' ya aye TK ;)). ..Personally I like Bris [8D] but then I'd rather live nr Mel than London..[xx(]....In fact anywhere in Oz rather than the Uk....
It would be an expensive mistake to ship everything up there only to have to move back in 6 mnths.:(

Sooooooo.... Where is good around Mel. [?] We're looking at no more than 20k from the CBD.

25-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Do you want inner city, or suburban mate? 20 k's from the CBD covers the whole range. You've got the inner suburbs like Richmond, Carlton, Colligwood etc, semi inner city such as South Yarra, Toorak (top of the range in Melbourne) or suburban such as Eltham, Caulfield etc etc etc.

Have you had a look at the site whereis.com? it will give you a good idea of locations for specific areas. But TBH it is difficult to name all the specific areas, as there are so many, and a high degree of overlap. You're better off looking for specific accomodation then querying us about what that location is like.

One of the Melbourne located guys should be able to point you at a relevant Real Estate site. The one up here doesn't stretch to Melbourne.

ozpete01
25-02-2007, 01:18 PM
a couple of good sites to look at for properties is www.domain.com.au and www.realestate.com.au, just do your search for the sort of place u after,

kroosn
25-02-2007, 01:32 PM
pffft... humidity in qld. you guys in melbourne get alot crazier weather than we do. or maybe i shouldnt say that we have enough southerners invading already giving us stupid house prices. have fun in melbourne ;)

Kroosn

scotty mac
25-02-2007, 03:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by kroosn

pffft... humidity in qld. you guys in melbourne get alot crazier weather than we do. or maybe i shouldnt say that we have enough southerners invading already giving us stupid house prices. have fun in melbourne ;)

Kroosn
x2

BOHEMION
25-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Brissy is fine aslong as you have Aircon in ya house. near some awesome coast and surf. Love it here!

Frankie
25-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Have you ever considered Perth?

OK, it's the most isolated city in the world.

But for a start- they don't know where to get workers (of all sort) from. Labour shortage everywhere.
In the current climate you will get a job! I don't know about the eastern seaboard- Beeing a migrant myself and having worked east and west- I think it will be easier over here to get a start.
(If you are prepared to put an effort in, you will get paid more than in the eastern states!)

Besides, the weather is perfect- MEDITERANIAN CLIMATE!!
And the best beaches in Oz (that'll get me some comments, hehehe)[8D]

elle
25-02-2007, 08:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by BOHEMION

Brissy is fine aslong as you have Aircon in ya house. near some awesome coast and surf. Love it here!

no you just need a pool and carton... then you are set for a brisbane summer :D

catchmeifyoucan
25-02-2007, 08:12 PM
melbourne is running out of water, if you come down to melbourne maybe you could ship some extra water down with you, stage 4 water restrictions very soon...

WATEVR
25-02-2007, 08:17 PM
indy, bike week or motogp, wsbk, f1 the choice is yours!!

gibbo
25-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Eastern suburbs Sharky, we're 30ks out but the good roads start about 10 minutes from our front door:D

zx12argh
25-02-2007, 09:35 PM
brissy if you want to buy a house for half the price of melbourne.

its only nasty hot in brissy for about 2-3 weeks a year and everything is air conned so you just go hide in the shopping centres

Gix11
26-02-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm not going to influence you either way. Just from talking to you guys up here at Christmas, I would say you'd prefer it here mate and your wife would prefer Melbourne. Down there there's more of a city feel, up here it's more a lifestyle / leisure feel. Big call. If I wasn't here I'd be in Melbourne, but I'm here and love it. Humidity is only for a couple of months and there's pools and aircon to contend with it. Compare the summer here to the winter in England, you know it's coming and you put up with it, but the diference is it's only for around 3 months, then the rest of the year is amazing! Seriously, all year is good weather and the winter drop to around 10 degrees at it worst. I think you'll find it a bit different in Melbourne with the weather, it's mad down there.

sharky
26-02-2007, 02:40 PM
You're right there Si...She asked where I would go if it was just me and I said Brissy without a doubt. I'm gonna stick to my guns and say we go to Brissy......I think she got a shock at house prices 10-20k from Mel. CBD..compared to Brisvegas.
You know women...she'll change her mind a dozen times yet...today Mel, tomoro Bris etc....

Gix11
26-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Uhu. Women do that mate.......

Foxy
27-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Women can kind of be compared to Melbourne weather, can't decide if it wants to piss down blow a gail or burn the shit out of you!!!

Old rule of thumb though, Melbourne, if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes.