PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP invitation - Bulahdelah Pub

Zooks
10-10-2010, 07:39 PM
G'day guys. I'm the publicity officer for Bulahdelah Chamber of Commerce. As such, I'd like to invite folks to watch the MotoGP next Sunday from the comfort of the Plough Inn Hotel, Bulahdelah. The beer will be cold, the food is always great and the atmsophere friendly. The MotoGP will on the tele in the front bar (and the bistro) and we should have a fair few bikes here for the day.

The Hunter DOG's (Ducati Owners Group) will be coming up from Newcastle (via the Bucketts Way) in the morning and I'll be going for a bit of a ride out to Forster / Nabiac / Wootton with them before we return for lunch and a great afternoon.

If anyone from Sydney or Newcastle would like to come up for the day you'd be more than welcome. We are only 1.5 hours from Newcastle (2.5 hrs from northern Sydney).

The Plough Inn is a great old Aussie pub and a great place to stop for a feed and a beer (or two). They have cheap rooms too if anyone wants to stay for the night and take monday off work. ;)

Their contact details (for rooms etc) are here - http://www.ploughinnbulahdelah.com/

Make sure to tell them that crazy dave from the chamber of commerce suggested you call. [8D]

Zooks
14-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Just bumping this up again. This ride has gained some momentum now. This is a map that some of the Duc guys from Newcastle have worked out.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1287116274.jpg

They plan to leave Beresfield BP at about 9am. I'm going to try and meet up with them there but if I'm running late I'll catch them at Limebuners Creek at the intersection of Limeburners Creek Rd and The Bucketts Way at about 9.30.

From there it's up to Booral, across to Bulahdelah, out to Forster, back to Nabiac, on to Wootton, down the twisties of Wootton Way and into Bulahdelah for lunch and an afternoon of watching the MotoGP in the Plough Inn (great little pub).

So who's going to join us??

Albi? Specter? anyone?

RevHead
20-10-2010, 07:40 AM
drove past there on sunday there was heaps of motor bikes out the front

fimpBIKES
20-10-2010, 11:10 AM
hows that road from booral back to the main highway these days?
couldnt imagine those ducati boys loving the gravel bits i remember LOL

so it all went good?

Zooks
22-10-2010, 07:59 AM
We had 7 Duc's & my 'slabby' for the ride out to Forster and back. We also had heaps of other bikes show up at the pub throughout the day.

The RTA maintains the old road to Wootton on a semi-permanent basis. There have been a few spills over recent years due to the gravel / leaves / sand that collect on the road. Due to this they've started to put a street sweeper through a little more frequently. It was in good form on Sunday. Only a few spots with leaves on them. The 'racing line' was pretty good though as the locals keep it clear as they drive their cars through. I wasn't pushing too hard and had no scary moments.

I did narrow the 'chicken strips' on my tyres though as we rode the Lakes Way to Forster. Council have just finished rebuilding the first couple of twisty bits and I was really getting into it. I scraped the pegs and the side of my boot on a couple of corners. I'm usually pretty sedate but once I realised I had full grip on the new bitumen and the road was spotlessly clean I started to wring the little gixxers neck a bit. :D