PDA

View Full Version : Pay TV?

ozkat
24-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Im thinking about getting pay tv, cause im sick of missing out on the Superbikes, Motogp, footy, etc. Anyone got advice who is best to use? Price? Pros and cons on each provider would be great as i know nothing about pay tv.
Cheers Shayne

suxukifreak
24-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Just go to the pub and watch it. :D

Slingblade
24-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Mate i would think long and hard about it. The ads are becoming atrocious. I have had Foxtel for a few years and the ads are becoming more frequent all the time, to the point of them running infomercials like on free to air. The idea of pay TV is supposed to prevent the need for advertisements but the greedy bastards are double dipping, and its getting worse. I can handle when they have ads about other shows on Foxtel etc. i mean they have to have breaks somewhere, but i watched a bloody TIMELIFE infomercial selling the bloody LOVE IS IN THE AIR cd collection the other day. FUCK OFF. They are also stringing two or three paid ads together at once now, justlike free to air.

It is good to have the S/bikes and Moto GP live, and there are some good shows on Discovery channel. You can also watch any footy you want to see, although all the best league games are delayed telecasts after NINE play them so whats the point. The Super14 is exclusive though. Unfortunately most of the popular TV shows are a season or two behind the commercial stations and they just repeat everything adnauseum. What you watch the night before is pretty much replayed verbatim the next morning etc.

I was going to get it disconnected but i was suckered into a contract when i moved house, so i am stuck with it for a while. I probably would miss it but it shits me to tears to pay $98 bucks a month to still watch commercials!! Ten play the superbikes and moto GP, so what if its a few hours delayed.

PS the movies are ok but are repeated constantly over the month. They are well after DVD release, even the Foxtel Box Office ones that you have to pay $5.95 a pop to watch! .You will have to pay about $60 or over to have movie channels however.

24-02-2007, 09:53 AM
And if you have teenage girls in the house mate, you'll really spend all you're time watching even more of the likes of big brother / idol / dancing with fags etc etc etc. Now maybe you don't mind that sort of mindless shit, but I wouldn't have thought that the case with you Oz.

Deano
24-02-2007, 10:12 AM
we got the $98 a month deal aswell. the only problem is when you go to sign up and pick your channels you will find that the footy channel will be in a different channel group to the superbike channel, same with the discovery channel. to get the 3 or 4 main channels you want you will have to buy 3 or 4 different channel packages at $20 or so a package. we found that when looking at the channels there were only about 6 channels that we watch alot and to get those 6 ment that we had to buy the $98 a month package.

cheeky pricks. and the adds are starting to piss me off aswell.

Large
24-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Last two Foxtel guys who knocked on the door got told to fuck off.

Until those cunts offer a deal of $5-6 a channel...minimum of 10...Sarah Ohare is going to have to go without the implants

Large
24-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Oh and are 10 showing the supers again? They haven't for the past couple of years.

Cruisecontrol
24-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Get the IQ.

I just tape anything I want to watch so I can fast forward any ads. I never watch TV in real time anymore.

Jockney Rebel
24-02-2007, 03:17 PM
i got foxtel to watch the world cup ...and it was on sbs ..ur right nath the fukin ads are gettin ridiculous ..show starts titles just finished ..ad ..10 mins later ad ..our sky back home was the same they group the channels so ur forced to have some inane shit ull never watch
is the TT evr transmitted over here ?

Large
24-02-2007, 04:21 PM
No[V]

Doesn't matter this year but :D

Jockney Rebel
24-02-2007, 10:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

No[V]

Doesn't matter this year but :D
jammy bastid:D

24-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Wonder if there's any chance of getting the hotel at Dubbo to put a TT video on a big screen for the main night. That'd be pretty cool to watch while getting pissed and bullshitting one another with biker exploits :D

BOHEMION
25-02-2007, 11:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

Wonder if there's any chance of getting the hotel at Dubbo to put a TT video on a big screen for the main night. That'd be pretty cool to watch while getting pissed and bullshitting one another with biker exploits :D

If not, if someone has a good laptop with a DVD rom atleast and someone else has a projector (or hire one) we could throw it up on basically any wall with the pubs permission?????

25-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Good idea Boh. Just need to find someone bringing a laptop. Should be able to hire a projector locally.
Actually it is Dubbo, might want to check on that last point with Devo :D

geesexar
26-02-2007, 04:38 AM
murdoch can go and get rooted by a black monkey in a tanzanian forest..he's a cunt..you pay for tv...get a fuck of a lot of adds..repeats..he can go and get fucked i pulled outta foxtel a few months back coz i wosnt happy with their service(still had months to go on my contract)and they've been ringin me up to pay the rest of the contract...i just tell them that i wasnt happy with their service and tell to fuck em selves

Docktor
26-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I gotta agree. used to get it til it went digital, and if i cant have it for free i dont want it.I reckon i can find better things to spend 98 fuckin bucks a month on.Unless xena is on it?. crawl thru a mile of broken glass just to sniff one of her farts i would....

Doc

26-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Fuck, I hate to think what you'd do to her if she was feeling friendly Doc[xx(].

Actually got some photo's here of those Humpty heads mocked up on a motor if you're interested mate, pm me your email address.

Docktor
26-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Dont make me work, i just put it here. Thanks mate,Could have used them about 3 months ago but hey i might have to strip it down when it fuckin blows up anyway. I would dump claudia schiffer for xena..... In fact I reckon i will dump her anyway. :P
xb12r@optusnet.com.au

Doc

26-02-2007, 09:52 AM
On their way mate. How's the Gixxer work going? bringing it to the AFR?

Docktor
26-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks mate,, Lookin good they are, Would love to see some flow figures on em. looks like he is gettin a decent cast too. Not sure about AFR, Buell still in bits,tryin like hell to slap it back together for the run,just scored a new top tripple tree and lsl bars for her too. :) the FighterGix is a bit of a basket at the moment, Dont really wanna trust the numnut who put it together so its gettin stripped and rebuilt so i know everything is done up etc....... failing them comin together in time i still have my trusty gix 11 to ride. So im comin, i just dont know HOW im comin.

Doc

26-02-2007, 10:41 AM
A Gix11 is always welcome as far as I'm concerned mate.

Gix11
26-02-2007, 03:40 PM

Noted. Excellent idea. I was thinking of a band or something but that ain't going to work. I'll have speaks with Jez.

jakam04
26-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Then maybe afterwards.... as a backdrop to us getting well and truly sloshed... have the Ghost Rider dvds running possibly...

Just a thought

Jarrod

kevkatana
26-02-2007, 04:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Noted. Excellent idea. I was thinking of a band or something but that ain't going to work. I'll have speaks with Jez.

Do you want me to bring the 5 Streetfighter videos to Dubbo Si?

Gix11
26-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Of course I do.

Jockney Rebel
26-02-2007, 08:02 PM

you got a drummer[8D] we just need a couple of guitars and a bass player oh and some noise gear..and a set list and we re off:D

,,unrehearsed and pissed [8)]..we ll empty the place in minutes...:D
anybody got 76 season 500gp?

Gix11
26-02-2007, 08:10 PM
You give me a guitar and I'll play that, who else is going to chip in their talents?

26-02-2007, 08:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

you got a drummer[8D] we just need a couple of guitars and a bass player oh and some noise gear..and a set list and we re off:D

Does this mean we'll see you with you're 'new wave' make up on pretty boy :D

hamo
26-02-2007, 08:50 PM
i popped a question in another topic on who was running the free-to-air MotoGP this year, had plenty of people look at my post but obviously no one knows cause no replies! sent an email to Matho at AMCN so see what he says.....i'm a bit lucky with Supers - a guy at work has Foxtel and tapes them for me! cheeky bastard i am!

hamo
26-02-2007, 08:51 PM
BTW i play bass but im not going to AFR....if someone brings a laptop we could play via the net! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Gix11
27-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Just heard from the Amaroo. They have 3 big screen plasmas BUT, it's the busiest pub in town and Fridfay and Saturday nights are chock full of people, so there is a DJ, but he will play our DVD's on the plasmas if we want, so feel free to bring any TT, GR, SF, GP DVDs you wanna show everyone.

Large
27-02-2007, 08:22 PM
How about DP TP EF and scatting vids?

ozkat
27-02-2007, 08:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

How about DP TP EF and scatting vids?
What?

Rich
27-02-2007, 08:53 PM
I got the DP = double penetration. But the TP and EF I'm unsure if want to know. And in relation to the scatting vids.... [xx(]

Cheers Rich

Jockney Rebel
27-02-2007, 09:32 PM

Does this mean we'll see you with you're 'new wave' make up on pretty boy :D
aww u care:D...bin there dun that and the photographic evidence has been eradicated[i think] a couple of vids are floating about tho in 82[we supported Hawkwind]..... think --david bowie meets the r h chillies--[^]

Jockney Rebel
27-02-2007, 09:39 PM

You give me a guitar and I'll play that, who else is going to chip in their talents?
ill either sing or get me behind a kit:Danything by floyd .a bit of bowie,ian hunter ,bad co,stiff little fingers ,eddie and the hot rods,deep purple,lizzy,van halen,neil young,radiohead,the muse,runrig,bit of the police,all the good stuff from the last 30yrs really:D

Slingblade
27-02-2007, 10:46 PM

Bass player here.

Jockney Rebel
27-02-2007, 10:50 PM
there u go we got a 3 piece[8D]
:D 10 bucks on the door and all the beer u can drink

qickdraw
01-03-2007, 07:47 AM

And if you have teenage girls in the house mate, you'll really spend all you're time watching even more of the likes of big brother / idol / dancing with fags etc etc etc. Now maybe you don't mind that sort of mindless shit, but I wouldn't have thought that the case with you Oz.

Mate - if I've got a couple of teenage girls in the house the last thing I'm fuckin' thinking about is watching the tele![}:)][:p][:p];)

01-03-2007, 09:49 AM
I think I'd go to jail if I was thinking the same thing, in my circumstances :D

Hope your wife doesn't read your posts, or your in trouble :D