PDA

View Full Version : Why we 'fight

madmaxman1986
23-02-2007, 02:40 AM
I was just peruzzing the net and of course wound up at eBay. (I keep getting bitched at to fix my dented tank, so I checked out prices.)

$200.00? No thanks. I could buy the dented $180 one and be right back where I started.

I saw a stock headlight bracket(uneeded with our bikes) for $80.00 (before shipping costs)and a useless bent shifter linkage for $20.00.
I can't even imagine how much all the plastics would go for.

That's why I 'fight.
-MMM

Lets hear the reasons you guys went the 'fighter route versus the ever-popular "chopper" or carbon fiber schlong extensions.

alfiestorm
23-02-2007, 02:54 AM
I know what ya mean mad
Some people on ebay think what they have is worth a fortune even though it may be dented twisted and only fit for the fuckin bin.
I quite like sending them messages pointing out the error in there ways and some do get quite wound up and then the fun begins winding the idiots up as they clearly have not got a handle on life. Those that buy the over priced rubbish deserve a good kicking as well

madmaxman1986
23-02-2007, 03:02 AM
Hey alf, thanks for the advice on the helmet.:D I ended up finding a good deal on a Bandit FR that fits great. that desperado may have been a tad cumbersome on the bike

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/71358022416687.jpg

alfiestorm
23-02-2007, 04:30 AM
Yeah like the look of the simpsons but i cant get on with the restricted side view they seem to have. Other people get on fine with them suppose it's what you are used to.

Black the only colour for a simpson good onya

Hillsy
23-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Why did I choose to fighter my ZX9? Well, I wanted something more modern, I saw them going cheap at the auctions, I could see they looked better without fairings but most importantly - I wanted to build something that was MINE.

And to boot - I sold all my fairings on Egay and got back around half the initial price of the bike.

It was a no-brainer....(right up my alley:D:D)

Gix11
23-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Simple, because normal is boring. That's it. Cost was not an influence at all. Never totalled a bike either.

Deano
23-02-2007, 04:31 PM
i am with you gix. if it was about cost i would buy a brand new bike a put it in the shed and not touch it.

your bike is an extension of you personallity and working on it takes my mind off other shit like work etc.

also the fact that not one other person in the world owns a bike the same as mine.

anybody can walk into a dealership sign up to a loan and ride out with the same bike as the next guy.

thats not my bag baby.

23-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Where do i start[}:)]I am not:(a cosumer,I am who I am.I went racing & smacked thier stoopid crud on bikes much older[:I]to stand apart[8D]my first "fighter" was my "Skoal Bandit replica" which was perfectly good:)I proceeded to remove non wanton SHIT off it & now have a bike that will embaress some[:X]As the multi award winner has eluded one can spend disposable coin on bikes that you just chuck out with the rest[}:)]thats if you are them[:o)]
I bought my SB6 off the net[8)]did not even view it[:0]& the other staff that i was working with at a particular dealership asked "wot da f@ck did ya buy that for"
A profit i bemused[:o)]
CRED is a word i rarely use & is not my reason to fight;)
I do cause i`m an indavidaul[8D]
Deano,you have cred;)we will drink;)

m0nkeyb0y
23-02-2007, 05:05 PM
I ride like crap so I needed a bike that represented my ability

Jockney Rebel
23-02-2007, 05:33 PM
it all started when i was delivering parcels on various steeds no one in their right mind would ride,
then i bought a half decent bike but still had to use it to earn a livin stripped all the unnessesary bits off and went to work
bits would fall of or get nicked or just trashed as i fell off at least once a week so i painted it matt black and put a camo net on the tank to hold me sarnies....
.economics really
then about the late 80's early 90's i started noticing all these plastic rockets with no clothes on and thot i wouldnt mind expressing my self in a similar way started readin a publication called streetfighters [mainly for the Bloodrunners cartoon:} ]
modded a couple of strokers nothin major tho so the "build" got put on the back burner till now when i discovered u lot of nutters so i decided to show a bit of my kind of fighter
I am that soldier....[^]..plus i used to love the look on them cheque book 916 riders faces in london when id sidle up on me cx an fuck them thru the traffic

exile
24-02-2007, 03:46 AM
The reason i fighter is.......im a tight cunt....
I buy crash damaged/ part projects/ or just absolute shitters for next to nothing and blag the rest, spend money were it counts or work with what ive already aquired. Im starting a drag bike project at the mo using just what ive got in the garage with the addition of a 1100f as the doner engine, should be a rip snorting lightweight beast for under £1000 all-in

Phill
24-02-2007, 07:15 AM
This will be my first fighter project. Doin it for heaps of reasons.
no parts easily available to repair it to "factory", Im cheap / broke, and cant afford a new one.
Mainly because I like to Tinker. I try to make something to fit, or make it fit regardless! if you see my bike you'll understand. most of the bits on it are recycled bits.
Its original thats for sure!
Phill