PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Adelaide

on_one_wheel
24-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Ive joined to try to get some idea on how many people are interested in buying a Suzuki gs 1000 st 1980 in exelent condition
it is the red and white model with
electric ignition
gold alloys
drilled discs
big cams and carbies as standard
rear set peggs as standard
It also has had fitted
4 into 1 f1 exhaust
ohlins rear shocks
bike comes with all original parts and loads of spares.
all bearings and seals replaced, brakes reconditioned and braided lines added, Red paint work has faded on tank and tail, Have a full set of red and white stickers ready for paint job, new chain and sprockets, reconditioned forks, alloy swing arm and original steel one included. perfict seat cover, new tyres, owners manual, loads of recipts. loads more.
Exelent bike to ride, best offer
Bike is located near Adelaide
Very regretfull sale.NO LONGER FOR SALE

Large
24-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I'll give you $500 if you deliver it to Sydney

BANDITROD
24-09-2010, 08:44 PM
hahahahaha lolk

geesexar
24-09-2010, 09:51 PM
adselaideans...we really are ok guys..some of us anyway

Mishdog20
24-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Good luck with the sale on here mate, but don't hold your breath...

EFE 1230
24-09-2010, 10:14 PM
$501 and I'm already in Adelaide so you won't have very far to deliver it.

ralph
01-10-2010, 12:16 AM
sounds like its something i would go for
But I would get shot if I brought home another one
Has it got rego?
They are a top bike
If you really need to sell it
There is one person here interested at least
.......Line up here to hang it on me....

Iceman
01-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Welcome aboard Andrew, good luck with you sale. Just remember, when you do sell your bike to make a donation to ASF, because as you would've read,(if you bothered to have a look around), avertising is no longer free, especially if in it's your first post.

on_one_wheel
04-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Cheers iceman........... Iv just sold my honda cr500r...... soooo sad, loved that bike but my body is stuffed and I cant risk further injurys.
with the sale of that done I dont recon I want to sell the suzuki now, so Id better start riding that one hey.
Im now working on fitting a fatter tyre on the rear by spacing out the sprockets and making a new bar for the rear caliper. I am also considering some performance parts from APE , they have some tasty stuff.
This old girl is going to make a great old school streat fighter, and I live on the bendy part of the old Princess hwy at Kanmantoo, so no traffic lights and hardly any cars........nice.

Also thanks Ralph..yep she is rego'd.... Im glad someone here takes the old gs1000st seriously, your right, they are a great bike.
Il put some pictures up soon

ralph
06-10-2010, 08:50 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1286454771.jpg

on_one_wheel
06-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Yep, exactly the same. Thats only the 2nd one iv'e ever seen , apart from my own. I usally do'nt ride with my front faring either. I have found a set of red SUZUKI stickers but the pin stripes they came with are black and white only, and they are in a different pattern.
http://www.rddecals.afegraphics.com/view_product.php?adminshopping=&product=79-80GS1000S-Red-FullKit-S00917
I'm not sure if im going to change the pattern om my bike or get the black/orange/white stripes painted on. I almost thing the bike on the link above looks better....... but is that sacrificing originality ?
Holey snapping duck shit ! Is that another one left of screen ?

ralph
07-10-2010, 06:02 PM
That sticker kit is for an sn
What you are after is GS1000ST (Australian model)
There is a company in the US that is selling these kits for about $270 US (fuckin expensive for stickers) But then you can do your paint job right. I will look them up an email you the details when I remember where I put them
Im just going to leave my faded paint alone
that other bike is my sidecar

ralph
07-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Im pretty sure I found the sticker kit at thegsresources.com

ralph
07-10-2010, 06:28 PM
http://www.bdesigns.ca/80_GS1000ST_act.htm

on_one_wheel
07-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah.... bit blody expensive, Well I only need the stripes and they are $170, I spose its worth getting right.
Cheers for the link man, got it saved to my favorites, might do it.

on_one_wheel
07-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Ah look I've just turned into a pizza delivery boy/girl...........mmmmm yummy, pizza.