PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Bikes Mag - October Edition Available now.

Gix11
24-09-2010, 04:15 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1285326616.jpg

Rapid Bikes Issue #60 On Sale Now!
The latest issue of Rapid Bikes has hit the newsstands today Wed 22 September and features more performance than ever before.
This issue has our famous annual Middleweight Nakedbike Comparo – where the Rapid Bikes staff hit the twisties to thrash seven nakedbikes.
Pommie heads to the twisty roads to abuse Suzuki’s new GSX1250FA and Sabine Welte runs us through the 10th Streetfighter Festival in Nabburg.
We have a range of modified bikes including a trick RD250, a one of a kind turbo Street Rod, WA Turbo S&R Pro CB1300, restored YZF750 and a menacing French 1098 fighter.
Tony sneaks off to the shed to fit a few more parts to Project XJR and Jeff does overtime fitting bits to Project Gixer.
Features include Part II of Rapid Legends – the career of Tony Hatton, Straight from Hel – HEL durable brake lines and an Aussie Workshops story on Dennis Foran Exhausts, NSW.
We’ve got our regular columnists, Peter Molloy, Andrew Pitt and Wayne Gardner and tech articles on exhaust system repairs and even a story on lowering a sportsbike – with the help of Terry Hay.
Subscribe this month and receive a FREE Rapid Bikes TSHIRT!

Grab a copy while stocks last.

Gitzy
24-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Large's Spondon even makes an appearance.. and that YZF come up a treat I reckon.. a little confused how Pommie did $10000 worth of damage to his Buell just for falling of side stand, That must be a very expensive paint job..

Iceman
24-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Maybe it landed on a Suzuki ???

Large
24-09-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm famous!

Tony Nitrous
24-09-2010, 08:08 PM
You do know famous isnt the same as infamous ?

Might have a have a look now.

Well done.

Large
24-09-2010, 08:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

You do know famous isnt the same as infamous ?

Might have a have a look now.

Well done.

Well done?

I didn't do anything Tony. Stu just put a pic of my bike in his column about custom frames.

StuNVA
24-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Best issue for some time.

I'm no fan of cruisers but I'd own that Vrod.

Bit annoyed no Tuono on the 1000cc comparo and no Shiver in the middleweights.

25-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Not all bikes requested (or promised) were available at the last minute.

25-09-2010, 10:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gitzy

a little confused how Pommie did $10000 worth of damage to his Buell just for falling of side stand, That must be a very expensive paint job..

Hadn't heard about this. . . tell me more.

pommie
27-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Do you not read the mag Mick?
The bike landed on the polished frame (it sticks out) and put a small dent in it. Plus, put a small chip in the custom paint on the seat unit. The peg also pushed into the carbon pulley cover and the bars were bent a bit - all up around 10k.
It would of been written off but as Shannon’s were so good they said if I wanted to do the work myself they would hand me a wad of cash and the bike wouldn't be written off.
So, now the bike is almost finished after a full strip down.
New paint, bars, grips, levers, mirrors, rear Penske shock, Ohlins front internals, carbon bits, frame fixed and an engine rebuild.;)

sharky
27-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Read the frame bit from nobby ...bit lame....
Where was any info on the frame builders in this country that can supply a frame for a few grand.....the rules regards building...advice on what to do.......nah..that would have meant research....
All it was was 'ooo hard on for a frame...from england'
Oh well...guess I'm now in the 'exclusive club' along with Mr Large...
:D

Gitzy
27-09-2010, 09:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by pommie

The bike landed on the polished frame

Ahhhh well that explains it, good to see Shannons were good sports.. I couldn't imagine how pissed off you were seeing it sideways in not a good way Pommie.. Seen Kevs handywork on your seat, and can't wait to see the whole bike.. Rapid feature any time soon??

BANDITROD
27-09-2010, 04:48 PM
that LC is my mates bike i better go get a copy

pommie
27-09-2010, 05:07 PM
quote:Seen Kevs handywork on your seat, and can't wait to see the whole bike.. Rapid feature any time soon??
Yes Kev has done a great job on the seat - really pleased with it...
I don't think a feature will be done it's been in the mag twice already.

heres the seat and new paint
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1285585148.jpg

kev@vcm
27-09-2010, 05:22 PM
WOW!!!!! very nice mate ,

fimpBIKES
27-09-2010, 07:09 PM
um, did rapid become a once every two months affair all of a sudden?

oh, and with the tlr cover "bike"
it should have an underbraced arm, and it doesnt
so now i have to go cry myself to sleep AGAIN :(

27-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Aaah, sorry mate, didn't realise it was nearly terminal.

Good to see that you managed to resurrect it again.