PDA

View Full Version : chopiesel's new ride

chopiesel
22-02-2007, 03:12 PM
06 R1, 3000 kms, as new condition. metallic orange paint ( no it hasnt been crashed ) it has nothing down low so its very easy to ride around the streets, but boy has it got some up high!

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5130/dsc00375gr1.jpg
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4601/dsc00377ae0.jpg

22-02-2007, 03:33 PM
You'll have ta swing by and show me chop, givus a bell on 0408 270 698 and I'll give you the address (Hawker) if you do, you can even play on the Coppins Xing rd on the way here.

chopiesel
22-02-2007, 03:38 PM
if you were on barton hwy between the big roundabout and mitchell at 2 you could have seen me trying to lose my licence!

i havnt actually got it home yet, ive paid half but i goto wait 2 weeks for my compo money before i can fix up the rest. man its gona be a sucky wait!!

22-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Know how you feel chop, I'm about to start a new contract, and will have to wait a couple of weeks before I get any free cash. Who'd you get it from? Joe's or CMC or Gecko?

And Canberra bike cops can't ride for shit, believe me they can't, I've tested that one many a time. They ride bloated pigs and they don't have the balls to go really hard either.
By the sounds of it we'll both be in a position to go for a good blast once you get it (I need tyres again, gotta stop bringing the bike in sideways I always end up with these patches of canvas showing through ;) )

chopiesel
22-02-2007, 04:09 PM
got it from action, put a deposit on it last week and they brought it down from syd today. so went and rode it this arvo.

i know what you meen about the cops, i actually out ran 2 a few years ago in cook on my xr630.

22-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Actually I've found the guys at Action to be about the best to deal with in CBR atm. Gecko think their wop shit don't stink, and CMC are just a bunch of ignorant pretentious tossers, Joe's are pretty good though, been dealing with them for about 20 yrs.

chopiesel
22-02-2007, 04:17 PM
yeh i buy a fair bit off joes too, they always seem to have what i need. they just extended my throttle cables for the tiller on monday, this is the second bike iv got from action, they look after me pretty with prices on stuff too.

shift1313
23-02-2007, 11:49 AM
very nice color for the bike. You say it has nothing down low? I rode an 04 and that thing would wheelie in 3rd gear at like 25mph. that was super low in the revvs. maybe the US bike is different but we usualy get the water down version.

23-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Chop's in CBR Shifty

We might be divorced from real Australia, but we are still on the same island ;)

shift1313
23-02-2007, 01:16 PM
what version of the bikes do you get there? i know the US spec bikes are usually more restricted because of emissions stuff, or atleast i thought. I know europe gets a better version, less restriction, what about you guys?

chopiesel
23-02-2007, 02:16 PM
shit, for it to lift that low in third, it must been down 1 and up alot in the rear as far as sprockets go, or you weigh like 15 pounds?

this thing will do 160kmh ( 100 mph ) in 1st gear. it wont even start to lift in second untill it hits around 6000 rpm.

but i say nothing down low as im used to riding a suped up tl1000r. also we normally get the de restricted ( as much as they can be ) versions of bikes down here.

Cruisecontrol
23-02-2007, 05:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

Actually I've found the guys at Action to be about the best to deal with in CBR atm. Gecko think their wop shit don't stink

I remember back when Gecko was one bloke working out of a small garage in Woden. How times change...

chopiesel
23-02-2007, 06:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Actually I've found the guys at Action to be about the best to deal with in CBR atm. Gecko think their wop shit don't stink

I remember back when Gecko was one bloke working out of a small garage in Woden. How times change...

yeh i remember getting dirt bike tyres fromhim when he was under the shell!!
i have actually known pete the owner for a while now. a mate of mine does his website.

23-02-2007, 06:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by chopiesel

quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

i have actually known pete the owner for a while now. a mate of mine does his website.

Yeah, he was good to deal with back then, once you figured out where he was.

23-02-2007, 06:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by shift1313

what version of the bikes do you get there? i know the US spec bikes are usually more restricted because of emissions stuff, or atleast i thought. I know europe gets a better version, less restriction, what about you guys?

Sorry Shift, didn't realise you were in the US. We normally get the Europe versions over here, with a couple of slight mods occasionally. Aus models are generally amongst the top in performance terms.

chopiesel
23-02-2007, 06:27 PM
chalk is it fucking raining up there?

all i can see is sun shine and its pissing down!!!! work that out.

Cruisecontrol
23-02-2007, 07:06 PM

Yes!
I went out there and bought a tyre from him after I met him at a track day at Wakefield Park. He was handing out vouchers to promote his (at the time) new business.

Where are they now?

chopiesel
23-02-2007, 07:16 PM
fyshwick, pretty big shop now, a few doors up from kawasaki.

23-02-2007, 07:20 PM

chalk is it fucking raining up there?

all i can see is sun shine and its pissing down!!!! work that out.

Yeah mate, just rode home from Woden in it. Although it was getting pretty dark overhead. Bloody remote ignition even got water in it and started playing up.

chopiesel
25-02-2007, 09:07 PM
picked up a set of termi pipes for it tonight. modding has officially begun!!

http://www.two-motoracing.it/gallery/termignoni-r1.jpg