PDA

View Full Version : Shogai leathers

Nudie
22-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Anyone got some or had some? They're cheap ATM but I dont know if they're nasty.

kev@vcm
22-09-2010, 03:10 PM
have you got a link for there website?

xa-mont
22-09-2010, 03:19 PM
i bought my Axio Swift 2 through their site. They are quite helpful and shipped quickly, so on the customer service side of things they are all good.

Nudie
22-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Gday Kev, I spotted 'em on www.picturemerollin.com.au I was looking for leather pants. But for the same price as Alpinestar pants, I can get a 2 piece suit. Just wanted to know if anyone knew what they are like.

xa-mont
22-09-2010, 03:54 PM
BTW... picture me rollin IS shogai imports http://shogai.com.au/ It was on the statement when i paid.

DiscoDan
22-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Not heard of them so you have to be sceptical. Have a look at Collins Leathers, for the same price you should be able to get one of their 1 piece suits and they are definately top notch quality

devo
22-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Hey Nudie what state are you in ?????

Mishdog20
22-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Speak to Yoda, he has a a full 1 piece set, for doing trackdays.

Nudie
22-09-2010, 05:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by devo

Hey Nudie what state are you in ?????

Middleaged and overweight, with a few health issues.

but I live in NSW

puppet
22-09-2010, 05:28 PM
What is your height and weight, I might have a set to suit you.

devo
22-09-2010, 06:54 PM
There is a guy in QLD name is Mick from Micks fix will find his number.
He sells and repairs leathers and he is a freakin top guy.
He will look after you , I know he has sold Gimoto leathers.
He does sell other brands also.

yoda
22-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Ive got a set for racing...
I really like them, quality is good, and they are a great suit for the money.
I haven't had a slide in them yet so cant comment on that, but the stitching etc it all good.
And, this may just be me, but they are the best fit for off the shelf leathers i've tried.

Mick is good too, he usually has some second hand suits too. Got his card in my van if you want it?

Nudie
22-09-2010, 09:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by puppet

What is your height and weight, I might have a set to suit you.

I'm 190cm and 115kegs. Getting stuff to fit can be a hassle 'cause i'm longg in the torso. That's why I was thinking a 2 piece for the road, a bit of room to move so to speak.
If the quality is OK then i'm keen at $600 (just gotta get the least Power Ranger-like colours)

puppet
22-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Your too big for me.

xa-mont
23-09-2010, 09:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by yoda

this may just be me, but they are the best fit for off the shelf leathers i've tried.

So they are made for midgets then? :P

fimpBIKES
23-09-2010, 12:16 PM
bgw has cheap joe rocket suits atm
http://www.bikegearwarehouse.com.au/Mens_Motorcycle_Gear/Joe-Rocket-GPX-Type-R-1-Piece-Suit

Nudie
23-09-2010, 06:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

bgw has cheap joe rocket suits atm
http://www.bikegearwarehouse.com.au/Mens_Motorcycle_Gear/Joe-Rocket-GPX-Type-R-1-Piece-Suit

They're a great price, but, a mate that I ride with all the time has the same ones. So there is no way I could get them!!

lurch
23-09-2010, 06:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nudie
[brI'm 190cm and 115kegs. Getting stuff to fit can be a hassle 'cause i'm longg in the torso. That's why I was thinking a 2 piece for the road, a bit of room to move so to speak.
If the quality is OK then i'm keen at $600 (just gotta get the least Power Ranger-like colours)

I'm about the same size so I'd be interested to hear how you go. I'm never game enough to order stuff like this without trying it on because it's a hassle to return if it doesn't fit.

yoda
23-09-2010, 07:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by xa-mont
So they are made for midgets then? :P

Ahahahaha... smartarse!
didnt mention, mine are a one piece, not so sure about the 2 piece, but i would imagine pretty similar.

LKC73
27-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Hey lads, I went into there shop today to check out there new shogai 1 and 2 piece gear. $850 for the 1 piece unit. It has ti armer on the elbows and shoulders and on the top of the knee and the normal protective armer and padding within the leather under the ti outers. Perforated leather on the main body and they have the YKK chunky zippers. Not bad for the price really and I may get one for doing track days in. I also picked up a set of gloves for $50 and they look good for the money.
All the Shogai stuff is made in pakastan from what the dude in the shop tells me.

Nudie
29-09-2010, 08:50 PM
I bought a 2 piece suit (a bit lairy IMO) $650. Looks the goods and fits my pudding like form well. Havent worn it on the boik yet but it feels good to wear whilst drinking and watching tele, spontaneously springing up and assuming my version of a Power Rangers stance, shouting "CHA CHING!" (only to have my 14yo roll his eyes and call me an idiot, annat)

LKC73
04-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Nudie, what colour did you get mate, coz there colours are a bit bright on them. The new white one looks way out there. I think I'll be getting a black one for the track.

Nudie
05-10-2010, 10:57 AM
yep, I got the white one. Well it's mostly black, but the white bits are really white, not off white, beige, taupe or even bone.
But I figure with a tinted visor, no one will know it's me.

Nudie
11-10-2010, 10:45 AM
I've had the chance to do a few hundred kms in the new leathers and i'm happy so far. I was worried that they might "cut my lunch" if zipped together, so left them seperate to start with. But all was feeling OK, so I joined them together and prefer it that way. Keep in mind that i've never worn full leathers before (have numerous jackets and Draggin's) so it took me a while to work out the zipper thing, but it feels comfy, not constricted and will only get better the more I wear them. Should be good by the time I get back from PI next week!:D

BANDITROD
11-10-2010, 05:25 PM
you better let the vic boys know your heading down there mate and dont worry i wont be there so you wont get any random blokes handing you asf cards in the maindrag either lol ;)

Nudie
11-10-2010, 05:47 PM
haha i'm not bothered by random approaches in the street, but trying to run me down in the servo sure got my attention!

BANDITROD
11-10-2010, 05:50 PM
hahahaha