PDA

View Full Version : A story about customer service

zx12argh
15-09-2010, 07:51 PM
A couple weeks ago I tried to buy a brake master cylinder from a US mob called the motorcycle toy store. Random name but seeming professional.

I found the master cylinder (described as instock) and processed the payment through paypal.

I received an email 10 hours later advising the master cylinder was not instock and to advise what type of bike it was so they could sort an alternative. No problem, I sent them the details of the 12r and said I was flexible about what MC they could provide as it was for a custom bike.

I received another email 45 minutes later saying the order was cancelled. This was the last email I got from them.

3 emails later and no response I lodged a paypal dispute. 2 more emails and still no reply. 1 week later I upgraded the dispute to a claim. 2 days later the funds were back in my account.

2 weeks no correspondence apart from telling me my order was cancelled. Not customer service I would recommend. Glad paypal was involved to ensure I got my money back.

Jockney Rebel
16-09-2010, 12:06 AM
thanks for the heads up ..
talking of customer service iv just spent what seemd like an age dealing with telecom companies when will they realise that
foreign call centres just DONT FUCKIN WORK
one company left me with no moblie [on my business account ]in the middle of nowhere because they activated the wrong fuckin sim card

and the firm i ported the number from has just delved into my bank account and helped themselves to 700bucks in bits and pieces no bills as yet tho, thanks DODO you cunts

im sick to the back teeth talking to automatons with asian accents who are reading from a bloody card
the only guy out of 6 people i talked to that night who actually did anything was jimmy from adelaide thanks jim your a star ...it only took all day !!!!

StuNVA
16-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up, with the dollar so strong at the moment I bet there are heaps of people looking to the states for bits and pieces.

I've heard nothing good about dodo.

I'll stick with Telstra / Bigpond, they are a bit dearer but from what I've experienced I've got services 99% of the time.

We bought a heap of things for the wifes biz from China, now that was a learning curve.

xa-mont
16-09-2010, 01:44 PM
I have found chinese (normally HK) ebay business' are the best. If there has ever been anything wrong with a part odered (little crack or whatever) you just tell them that you are not happy and you want a full refund and 9/10 times they will be happy to do so, because they know shipping back is too much of a fuck around and a broken part is no good to them anyway. and they will do anything for positive feedback.

I would suggest shying away from sportsbikeneeds on ebay. http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/sportbikeneeds/

A mate just ordered some Thor Q1 boots for his son in size 11 and received size 12... that was 2 weeks ago and they are not trying to solve the situation at all. even after a heap of emails they are pretty much not responding. We even suggested that they send a second set (actually size 11) at 1/2 price then i would take the 12's but they didn't go for that... puck of chumps IMO

DiscoDan
16-09-2010, 02:20 PM
I'll second that hte cust service from the Chinese ebay shops is really good. I get a lot of stuff for by bicycles through them and they communicate really well, even down to emailing you a photo of the box as it's about to be shipped etc etc

Dodo is a shocker, they received almost half the number of complaints to fair trading that Optus did last year. Given the size differences in the two companies that's really scary. I haven't looked for a while but their trick used to be having reasonable plans but massive hidden costs if you exceeeded data quotas and the like

livewire
16-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I second the motion:
FUCK DODO

robmac
16-09-2010, 07:35 PM
I've used motorcycle toy store a few times with no worries......maybe they had an off day when you tried.....or I've been lucky???

ALBI
16-09-2010, 10:03 PM
and yer wunder why the dodo is gone hmmm

kev@vcm
16-09-2010, 10:26 PM
as a small business i rely 100% on my customer service and in saying that its a shame it has not enveloped into big business , if big business had customer service like a small business then we would be all fine ,

but the telco mobs customer service will always remain sub standard

boris
16-09-2010, 11:13 PM
I can relate to that jimmy (but from the other side of the coin)cos apparently I'm a shit auto electrician, as I checked the fuses on an astra this arv looking for a blown fuse on the dome light circuit but couldn't find any blown fuses in the whole car, anyway the sheilas boyfriend (who I've known for over 10 years)comes back an hour later says that whatever I did to the car now it doesn't go unless they put it into 1st gear(auto) to take off and he hopes I have insurance so I check the fuses and now there is a blown 1 (only since they left)which of course I fucking blew while checking the other fuse box with my testlight anyway after I told him to fuck off he got pushy and 3 of my customers left cos of him I got him off my property (my daughter now has seen the way I can go if I need to but ddn't want her to see) fuck I hate people(sorry I just wanna whinge too cos everyone else is)

RevHead
19-09-2010, 04:35 PM
ive had my doors open for 2yrs now,ive delt with some real winners,but in the end its about keeping your customers happy,customers not happy,no cash to keep the door open,boris your a good auto electrian,when you comin dowm to wire up my buggy ,

The Mad One
21-09-2010, 05:23 PM
there is no such thing as customer service anymore [8] FULLSTOP i was trained by some of the best operators but it`s of no use nowadays bekooz of the way the dollar works [xx(] just wait till gen Y(bother) is in control of this spinning mass :(

sharky
21-09-2010, 05:34 PM
quote:just wait till gen Y(bother) is in control of this spinning mass

May the gods have mercy on our souls....
Glad I won't be here in 50yrs time....

Chris41
22-09-2010, 02:08 PM
In a similar theme,fixing some crash damage on a mates XR1200
The throttle section wiring harness had been damaged and although fixable I thought he would be better off getting a new harness and avoid having solders when a harley will shake the shit out of them
we got it delivered it came in three pieces and no connector or cover and we still have to build it
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1285177439.jpg

fast2v
05-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I have just had an e*ba@y experience that really sucks, ordered set of re-manufactured mikuni carbs from a guy trading as spydercycleworks out of texas. he sent the carbs after lots of emails and when they arrived were definitely not as described. emailed him and he said to send them back for a full refund. 2 months later no money and no contact. e*ba@y won't help and no help from Paypal. topped off this week with an engine builder who has taken 7 months to build my new race motor at double the quote and no guarantees and no apologies faaark !

Chris41
06-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Just a quick note on the HD wiring, HD sent us a left hand blinker switch in a right hand package and I just put it together not noticing. Now it did fit I had to dremel half a screw hole to get it to fit properly but it rocks the wrong way and the the mates kid says he has to move his hand of the throttle to operate and cancel.
Harley don't seem to give a shit.