PDA

View Full Version : Custom intermediate pipe

WHO-NIN
21-02-2007, 06:16 PM
I recently purchased a NEW arrow zx9r 4-2-1 header system and NEW arrow Ti muffler ( less than $600 delivered for both !!!! ) but will need a custom intermediate pipe to set it all up how i want it or i'll end up with this if i use a zx9r intermediate pipe......
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/504600227404168.jpg

This guy used a custom bracket to take the muffler hanger further back to support the muffler better but the muffler is far to rearward
(and long ;)). A 9r intermediate pipe would be a cheap fix but ugly...

So the BIG Question IS !!! Where in WA can i get an intermediate pipe made up to my required spec ??? (ie: drop bike of and let them measure it all up)

ANY info would be great.

Cheers

NIN

shift1313
21-02-2007, 11:33 PM
where exactly do you want the muffler? if you bring it towards the front more you will have to poke it out to the side to clear the pillion pegs. ever think about finding a crunched can and making a shorty?

BillyWhizz888
22-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Contact "Warp Speed" on the PSB site

WHO-NIN
22-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Billy i tried Warpy when i first got my bike for a custom set of slip ons coz i've seen the pipes he makes an thought they would be farkin cool how i wanted'em( lower than the tyre with a bit more of a kick up,discused how i wanted it to look, with him and my bike in the same place!, even gave him a deposit but he couldn't get the itermediate pipes made an i chased him for months to no avail and getting dicked around. nice bloke, got a rad guard of him but no customer service an no follow through, i'm completely pissed with him.

the muffler will be basicly slid down ~ 4 inches so it looks cleaner than the pic above and i will probably find another down the track to make a shorty
now where can i get a pipe made?

damo1
25-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Wont the can drag on the ground if you drop it down buy 4" thats a fare way?

I remember being at Exbens once and he put a can on for a guy(where the owner wanted it)
Just below the right foot peg
and the thing dragged on the ground arond the slightest right handers it goes without saying Ben
had to remount it.

WHO-NIN
26-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Damo, sliding it down will put it into more of a factory position
but would probably be better of about four inches shorter to boot.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/57712161161078.JPG

damo1
01-03-2007, 05:14 PM
rather than drop it down 4" why noy just cut the can down to a bout 300mm long
then it wont look so long and it will sonud heaps better.

WHO-NIN
01-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Damo, I think i'll end up getting a crunchy can and 9r pipe, but would still prefer a custom pipe to do away with the hanger ewxtension bracket
for a cleaner look...

.... anyone with a suitable can??

WHO-NIN
02-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Found a m/cycle engineering mob bout 2 k down the road that can do what i need for a pipe, and i like the idea of a shorty can aswell so i'll prolly go that route n egay the race muffler.