PDA

View Full Version : Election 2010 implications & policies

MONO
08-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Election 2010

The re-election of the Australian Labor Party (ALP) will have a number of implications for investors and retirees. The following initiatives formed part of the ALP's election and policy platform and may become law in the near future.

Taxation

Mining tax

Labor has formed a Policy Transition Group (PTG) to consult with industry and provide advice on the implementation of the resource taxation reforms. The PTG will commence its work now that Labor has been re-elected. Further information on the PTG's terms of reference and design principles of the resource tax reforms is available at:

http://www.alp.org.au/federal-government/news/policy-transition-group-membership-and-terms-of-re/

Small business

The re-elected Labor Government will allow small businesses to instantly write off assets costing up to $5,000 from 1 July 2012. In addition small businesses will receive a company tax rate cut to 29% from 1 July 2012, a year earlier than large companies. These measures were previously announced in the Government's response to the Henry tax review.

Family Tax Benefits

Eligible families will be entitled to the following from 1 July 2011:

* $500 upfront payment of the baby bonus.
* Arrangements for the advance payment of family tax benefit will be simplified and made more flexible, with an overall maximum advance payment of up to $1,000.

Child care rebate

The Government will give families the option to receive Child Care Rebate (CCR) payments fortnightly from 1 July 2011. Families will also be able to choose whether or not they have their CCR paid directly to their child care service and receive an immediate fortnightly fee reduction, or whether they continue to receive the CCR directly.

Families who wish to continue to receiving the rebate quarterly will be able to do so.

Superannuation

Response to Cooper Review on superannuation

The Government will work closely with the superannuation industry and employers to improve the administration of the superannuation system, including in making superannuation payments or finding lost accounts.

A full response to the Cooper Review will be released by the Government by the end of 2010, following further industry consultation.

MySuper

From 1 July 2013 the Government will allow super funds to offer a simple, low-cost superannuation product called "MySuper". MySuper product providers will be required to meet standards, including:

* No entry fees, with exit fees limited to cost-recovery.
* A ban on commissions and conflicted remuneration structures in relation to retail distribution and advice in line with Government's financial advice reforms.
* New duties that require superfund providers to deliver value for money or be stripped of their license by the regulator.
* A single, simple and easy-to-understand investment option designed to maximise a person's retirement income.
* Standardised reporting requirements in plain English.
* MySuper funds will be licensed by APRA, who will also monitor and publish MySuper investment returns and costs.
* Anyone eligible to contribute to superannuation will be able to open a MySuper account.

Tax file number to be primary identifier for super accounts

The Government will introduce legislation to ensure that from 1 July 2011, the tax file number would be the primary identifier used to locate lost super accounts, consolidate super funds and to switch super accounts.

Securing superannuation

Labor will consult with industry on the implementation of the following measures:

* Employers to report actual Super Guarantee (SG) and salary sacrifice contributions on payslips.
* Funds to notify members and employers on a quarterly basis if regular contributions cease to be made.
* Enhance the enforcement powers of the ATO and Fair Work Ombudsman to ensure businesses pay their employees SG contributions.

Confirmation of response to Henry Tax Review

The Government has confirmed its position on the Henry Tax Review reforms as follows:

* Increasing the superannuation guarantee to 12 per cent. The Government will also extend the superannuation guarantee to cover older workers up to age 75.
* Providing a new concession worth up to $500 for low income earners.
* Doubling the contributions cap to $50,000 from 2012-13 for people aged over 50 with super balances under $500,000.

Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs) investments

The Government will allow SMSFs to continue to invest in collectables and personal use assets provided they are held according to new legislative standards. These standards will require these assets be stored according to new rules to prevent them from giving rise to a personal benefit. Existing assets that do not adhere to these rules will need to be sold within 5 years.

Social Security

Work Bonus for pensioners

The Government will introduce improvements to the age pension Work Bonus:

* The Work Bonus will disregard every dollar of income up to $250 a fortnight, rather than the 50 cents in the first $500 arrangement that currently exists.
* Pensioners will also be able to build up any unused amount of their $250 bonus every fortnight for up to 12 months, up to a maximum $6,500. A pensioner could then earn up to $6,500 a year extra, through part-time or seasonal work, without it affecting their pension.

Greater protection on reverse mortgages

Through reforms to banking regulation and credit laws, the Government will:

* Extend protection for reverse mortgages and home reversion schemes, including greater disclosure of the features and fees on these products.
* Introduce a statutory protection against negative equity so consumers aren't left with a debt significantly greater than the value of their property.

Veterans' affairs

Out of pocket medical expenses

The Government will provide eligible veterans with a reimbursement for out-of-pocket pharmaceutical costs incurred from 1 January 2012. Reimbursement amounts will be calculated automatically and paid annually, with the first payment being made in early 2013 to reimburse out-of-pocket expenses for the 2012 calendar year. Eligible veterans do not need to make a claim. Reimbursements will not affect pension payments.

Workers' entitlements

The Fair Entitlements Guarantee

The Fair Entitlements Guarantee will protect redundancy pay, up to a maximum of four weeks for each year of service. This will replace the existing General Employee Entitlements and Redundancy Scheme (GEERS), which provides for a maximum of 16 weeks redundancy pay.

Strengthening Corporate and Taxation Law

The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) will be given increased powers and strengthened penalties to take action against companies that do the wrong thing.

Reforms will be introduced that target 'phoenix' company arrangements. The election of a minority ALP Government may result in some or all these announcements being modified or abandoned

sharky
08-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Bearing in mind how many $$$$$$$ parents get in benefits and rebates etc each year, how about a yearly bonus for those of us that choose not to have kids and thus save the tax payers $$$$$$ :(

zx12argh
08-09-2010, 05:30 PM
This is rumour at this stage - heard it from a mate who was talking to a government R&D tax official but they are canning or reducing the 150% tax write off on R&D investment. That one will hurt Australian industry big time...

Cruisecontrol
08-09-2010, 05:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Bearing in mind how many $$$$$$$ parents get in benefits and rebates etc each year, how about a yearly bonus for those of us that choose not to have kids and thus save the tax payers $$$$$$ :(

Umm, that is called disposable income and you get that in every pay packet.
We as breeders are ensuring the future of our country and if cash incentives are what it takes to maintain our population then so be it.

Iceman
08-09-2010, 06:16 PM
As parents, yes we get rebates etc, but I know for us it's not extra play money. I work full time and my wife works 20hrs a week. She would like to go back to work full time but because that would put us into the next tax bracket and the cost of child care, we would actually be out of pocket. It's like being penalised for trying to do the right thing. What shits me is how if your both on the dole or a single parent, you can get a health care card (read as gold pass) and childcare for about $5 a day rather than the $65 a day we have to pay. If ya on the dole why the fuck do you need to put your kids in child care?

Tony OW31
08-09-2010, 06:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

This is rumour at this stage - heard it from a mate who was talking to a government R&D tax official but they are canning or reducing the 150% tax write off on R&D investment. That one will hurt Australian industry big time...

I think that already went last year, I could be wrong tho'.

Tony OW31
08-09-2010, 06:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

If ya on the dole why the fuck do you need to put your kids in child care?

What do you expect us to do with the kids when we're at the pokies all day? ya can't just leave em in the car, you get all sorts of wankers complaining when you do that.

StuNVA
08-09-2010, 06:49 PM
What's a reverse mortgage ?

2ndclasscitizen
08-09-2010, 07:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman If ya on the dole why the fuck do you need to put your kids in child care?

So you can go find a job?

Large
08-09-2010, 07:39 PM
lol

I'm unemployed

wat do I get?

zx12argh
08-09-2010, 07:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony OW31

quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

I think that already went last year, I could be wrong tho'.

Nah its still on - I work in an R&D lab and every week I have to log my hours per project to claim the R&D rebates. But if it goes then I could be out of a job. Probably not, but its possible.

Iceman
08-09-2010, 07:46 PM
quote:Original post by 2ndclasscitizen

quote:Originally posted by Iceman If ya on the dole why the fuck do you need to put your kids in child care?

So you can go find a job?Yeah, I guess I was stereotyping there. I was aiming it more at those bludgers who choose not to work, you know, the ones like Large.

Large
08-09-2010, 08:01 PM
[:p]

fuck you cunts

I'm going lebbbbooo and never paying tax again

ralph
08-09-2010, 08:08 PM
I voted for Julia cos I thought she promised to flash her tits[?]

Large
08-09-2010, 08:36 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1284039244.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1283966145.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1284010733.jpg

BANDITROD
08-09-2010, 09:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

quote:Originally posted by sharky

Umm, that is called disposable income and you get that in every pay packet.
We as breeders are ensuring the future of our country and if cash incentives are what it takes to maintain our population then so be it.
yeah im with dan on that one sharky i also am in the same boat as clint

Large
08-09-2010, 09:14 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1284040842.jpg

Shadowzone
08-09-2010, 09:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by StuNVA

What's a reverse mortgage ?

You take a mortgage on your house and the bank pays you a set amount of money each fortnight instead of you paying them. Then when you die, the bank sells your house and whatever is left the kids get. It's a sneaky way of spending the house before you die without the kids knowing.

rock hard
09-09-2010, 08:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

[:p]

fuck you cunts

I'm going lebbbbooo and never paying tax again
thats fuckin funny Large,hows your back now that you are lebbo..just change your name to EDDIE FIK..

fimpBIKES
09-09-2010, 12:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

lol

I'm unemployed

wat do I get?

a bong each morning when you wake up (at 1pm :D)

JackTar
09-09-2010, 05:32 PM
I get sick of hearing we are going to do this for people on minimum wage and that for unemployed people FUCK THEM. There are reasons people are on minimum wage, they didn't go to school long enough or they don't work hard enough or they are just dumb, well guess what tough fucking shit, I love Darwin, if you're that stupid you are holding us all back anyway kill yourself. As for people who can't get work I call bullshit, there is always work just not always people who want to do that work. Fucking shits me that people who hold down 2 jobs at the expense of their family life to get ahead get taxed to the hilt on the second job. Tax the cunts who aren't contributing, better yet don't fucking pay them or make them work for the dole and then watch how fast they get jobs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the less you do in this country the more you get, what is the go with that? My grandfather and his father would be rolling over in their graves.

Awaiting the flames.

Cruisecontrol
09-09-2010, 05:58 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1284115324.gif

sharky
09-09-2010, 06:12 PM
No flaming from me Blowie ol' chap...
I reckon the dole should be vouchers for food etc...stop 'em pissing it up/drugs etc..

Tony OW31
09-09-2010, 06:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

I get sick of hearing we are going to do this for people on minimum wage and that for unemployed people FUCK THEM. There are reasons people are on minimum wage, they didn't go to school long enough or they don't work hard enough or they are just dumb, well guess what tough fucking shit, I love Darwin, if you're that stupid you are holding us all back anyway kill yourself. As for people who can't get work I call bullshit, there is always work just not always people who want to do that work. Fucking shits me that people who hold down 2 jobs at the expense of their family life to get ahead get taxed to the hilt on the second job. Tax the cunts who aren't contributing, better yet don't fucking pay them or make them work for the dole and then watch how fast they get jobs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the less you do in this country the more you get, what is the go with that? My grandfather and his father would be rolling over in their graves.

Awaiting the flames.

That's a bit fuckin harsh. Maybe you had a privileged upbringing where mummy packed your lunch every day and sent you off to school, some of us had to look after our younger siblings due to circumstances beyond our control and could not go to school whether we wanted to or not? ever think of that? and as for someone with a low IQ holding us all back, so they should kill themselves, what a load of shit, where would you put the cutoff? 100? 120? maybe some people think you are dumb enough to be a drain on society, just depends on the point you are looking from. What would happen if one of your kids wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed? go kill yourself son, you are too dumb for this country? I don't fuckin think so.

zx12argh
09-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Ditto Sharky. The dole isn't for luxuries. Its to hold you over while you find a job.

JackTar
09-09-2010, 07:05 PM

Awaiting the flames.

That's a bit fuckin harsh. Maybe you had a privileged upbringing where mummy packed your lunch every day and sent you off to school, some of us had to look after our younger siblings due to circumstances beyond our control and could not go to school whether we wanted to or not? ever think of that? and as for someone with a low IQ holding us all back, so they should kill themselves, what a load of shit, where would you put the cutoff? 100? 120? maybe some people think you are dumb enough to be a drain on society, just depends on the point you are looking from. What would happen if one of your kids wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed? go kill yourself son, you are too dumb for this country? I don't fuckin think so.

I was far from having a priveleged upbringing mate I will tell you that for nothing, I left school early was a labourer then joined the Navy where I've been for 20 years. Nothing stopping people from get educated later in life, everyone has a sob story including me I just did something rather than use it as an excuse.

JackTar
09-09-2010, 07:12 PM
While I'm at it I never mentioned IQ, I don't think it measures a fucking thing, you want to get smarter get educated there is always choices.

Tony OW31
09-09-2010, 07:18 PM

Awaiting the flames.

I was far from having a priveleged upbringing mate I will tell you that for nothing, I left school early was a labourer then joined the Navy where I've been for 20 years. Nothing stopping people from get educated later in life, everyone has a sob story including me I just did something rather than use it as an excuse.

But if you had any balance in your opinions you would know that some people are just not wired for academic learning, some people are smart in other ways, I knew a couple of lads when I was young that could not learn a thing in school, people the likes of you would call dumb fucks, but they had an innate ability to create art, their minds just worked in a different way. The authorities, teachers etc tried to beat them in to conformity, but it just wouldn't work, so they ended up in borstal, all sorts of shit, until someone who could see further than the end of their nose met them. Those lads are still uneducated, but they could probably buy and sell all of us put together now. everyone has their niche, but people like you try and force them in to things they are never going to succeed at.
I have noticed that a lot of military cannot understand anyone that is not able to be brainwashed and regimented in to what they consider normality.

Tony OW31
09-09-2010, 07:21 PM

While I'm at it I never mentioned IQ, I don't think it measures a fucking thing, you want to get smarter get educated there is always choices.

I would have thought that 'dumb' equated to a low IQ?, if not, enlighten me as to what you consider the definition of dumb to be? (obviously in the context in which you used it)

holyman_999
09-09-2010, 07:22 PM
How do I get the damn popcorn smilie?!?!?!?! [:o)]

JackTar
09-09-2010, 07:23 PM

I would have thought that 'dumb' equated to a low IQ?, if not, enlighten me as to what you consider the definition of dumb to be? (obviously in the context in which you used it)

Uneducated.

Tony OW31
09-09-2010, 07:24 PM

And btw, smart and educated are two entirely different things.

Tony OW31
09-09-2010, 07:25 PM

And btw, smart and educated are two entirely different things.

JackTar
09-09-2010, 07:26 PM

Awaiting the flames.

But if you had any balance in your opinions you would know that some people are just not wired for academic learning, some people are smart in other ways, I knew a couple of lads when I was young that could not learn a thing in school, people the likes of you would call dumb fucks, but they had an innate ability to create art, their minds just worked in a different way. The authorities, teachers etc tried to beat them in to conformity, but it just wouldn't work, so they ended up in borstal, all sorts of shit, until someone who could see further than the end of their nose met them. Those lads are still uneducated, but they could probably buy and sell all of us put together now. everyone has their niche, but people like you try and force them in to things they are never going to succeed at.
I have noticed that a lot of military cannot understand anyone that is not able to be brainwashed and regimented in to what they consider normality.

If they are making more than you or I then I am clearly not talking about them am I? You are focusing far too much on the dumb thing if I removed that would you still be argueing? You have an opinion, I have an opinion, neither of us will be swayed and I will stand by mine.

As for if my kids are dumb well I'll send them to night school to get more skills or tell them to join the Army.

JackTar
09-09-2010, 07:29 PM
The only "niche" I want to force anyone into is the one where they are standing on their own two feet instead of stealing from the hard workers that made this country.

Tony OW31
09-09-2010, 07:32 PM

Uneducated.

Ok, so dumb=uneducated. So, uneducated people should kill themselves?
What level of education do you consider acceptable?, how many years after school leaving age do you get to become educated? or if you aren't educated when you leave school thats it, bang, one to the back of the head?

Large
09-09-2010, 07:33 PM
I reckon anyone who spends 20 years in the navy and doesn't become an admiral is dumb

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1284030666.jpg

Tony OW31
09-09-2010, 07:37 PM

The only "niche" I want to force anyone into is the one where they are standing on their own two feet instead of stealing from the hard workers that made this country.

And I thought the daily mail was only sold in the uk[:p]

JackTar
09-09-2010, 07:38 PM

Uneducated.

What level of education do you consider acceptable?

The level that you need to reach to get a job and not be a drain on society.

JackTar
09-09-2010, 07:41 PM

And I thought the daily mail was only sold in the uk[:p]

You've lost me.

ralph
09-09-2010, 07:45 PM
I,m a member of society and I find this very draining

JackTar
09-09-2010, 07:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by ralph

I,m a member of society

I'm yet to see proof of this Ralph [:p]

Tony OW31
09-09-2010, 07:49 PM

Uneducated.

What level of education do you consider acceptable?

The level that you need to reach to get a job and not be a drain on society.

And what about those people who do not have the intelligence to gain an education, there are lots out there, not everyone is as smart as you.
How about Downs syndrome, autism, things like that where, in a lot of cases, education and integration in to the workforce is not an option? They must be a drain on your 'society' eh, suppose they could be used for bayonet practice or medical research though, they must have some uses.
Simplistic generalisations are us.

ralph
09-09-2010, 07:59 PM
:D

JackTar
09-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Generalisations? Are you shitting me? Is there two people using your logon? Because I am pretty sure you recently made a massive generalisation about people in the military.

I'm not even going to discuss people with mental disabilities as it is inappropriate and I in no way apply this to them.

I think you are completely missing my point here, my biggest issues are that the harder you work the more money you get and the more you have taken off you for people who (standby for generalisation) don't work as hard or don't work at all and that no one has to work for the dole, it is bullshit they are getting paid why the fuck shouldn't they do something for it and get time off work to go for jobs. Not to mention my brother was unemployed for four years untill he did work for the dole which got him the skills to get a job and now he does quite well.

Why are you so obsessed with this smart/dumb thing, it is probably the least important thing I had to say in that whole post.

RevHead
09-09-2010, 08:32 PM
well i think of a story from current affairs in the 90s,,remember the PAXTONS,,,its got nothing to do with education,,how smart you r,,it how you r raised,if dad smokes pot kids smoke pot,if dads a crime the kids see the kids do,,BUT NOT IN ALL CASES ,my old man was a drunk ,but i drink ;but not like him,he was n electrical engineer,,im a mechasnic,MY MUM is a drunk and a whore,BUT MY SISTER is now working as a CON,ARTIST,,MY older brother owns 6 properties in sydney and has a port folio of about $17 million, so u work it out its how your raised ,case rested

Tony OW31
09-09-2010, 09:10 PM

I think you are completely missing my point here, my biggest issues are that the harder you work the more money you get and the more you have taken off you for people who (standby for generalisation) don't work as hard or don't work at all and that no one has to work for the dole, it is bullshit they are getting paid why the fuck shouldn't they do something for it and get time off work to go for jobs.

I agree with that:)

ralph
09-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Boardies over budgies

Tony OW31
10-09-2010, 08:07 AM

Why are you so obsessed with this smart/dumb thing, it is probably the least important thing I had to say in that whole post.

Because it was the part of your post which I found offensive.
As far as the least important thing you said being your assertion that 'dumb' people should kill themselves because they are a drain on your 'society', well it doesn't say much about you as a human being does it?

fimpBIKES
10-09-2010, 12:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

well i think of a story from current affairs in the 90s,,remember the PAXTONS,,,its got nothing to do with education,,how smart you r,,it how you r raised,if dad smokes pot kids smoke pot,if dads a crime the kids see the kids do,,BUT NOT IN ALL CASES ,my old man was a drunk ,but i drink ;but not like him,he was n electrical engineer,,im a mechasnic,MY MUM is a drunk and a whore,BUT MY SISTER is now working as a CON,ARTIST,,MY older brother owns 6 properties in sydney and has a port folio of about $17 million, so u work it out its how your raised ,case rested

this simply brings us back to the issue of compulsory parenting licenses
the sad news is that people who shouldnt breed seem to do it REALLY well

Neo Dutch
10-09-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm just waitin' for my free broadband. Yeah, download city for me then.

10-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Pete...where's your Mum live?,and whats the going rate?
Cheers.

Iceman
10-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Davo, you don't post much anymore. But... I tell ya what, it's worth the wait.

JackTar
11-09-2010, 05:20 PM

Uneducated.

So, uneducated people should kill themselves?

Pretty sure I see another option there like ummmmm get educated and get a fucking job otherwise yeah fuck it I'm sticking with what I said.

Tony OW31
11-09-2010, 06:08 PM

Uneducated.

So, uneducated people should kill themselves?

Pretty sure I see another option there like ummmmm get educated and get a fucking job otherwise yeah fuck it I'm sticking with what I said.

Unfortunately some people are not born with enough intelligence to become educated, it's as simple as that.
Maybe if there was a bit more compassion for people less fortunate than ourselves the world would be a better place :(

Iceman
11-09-2010, 06:56 PM
when you say "less fortunate", do you mean people without Suzuki's?

JackTar
11-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Anyone without a disability can learn, some people just don't want to because the dole is easier.

Gitzy
11-09-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm with Blowie on this one..

If your able both mind and body, you should work. FULL FUCKING STOP. Not get handouts for being a lazy cunt..

I got my first job at 14 at Hungry Jacks as burger flipper.. and have been employed ever since, I know I'm only 26 but 12 years is 12 years, I've never received 1 cent from our gov..

My lazy good for nothing sister has never had a job and has been doing nothing but bludge off either my parents or the gov for years and she's 28..

I spent 2 years at Steggles Chicken Factory doing industrial cleaning before I became the worlds most awesome welder [:p].. and they had between 10 - 20 full down syndrome men and women folding boxes all day every day, $15-$16 an hour in 2002ish and happy as Larry doing it.. If they can get a job the lazy pricks I see wandering round day in day out doing fuck all can too..

Of course there are extenuating circumstances, Injured workers, disabled, mental issues the list goes on.. I know this and you know this, but we also know a hell of a lot of our system is clogged up with complete lazy useless fucktards who we as tax payers pay for..

As for people who can't get work I call bullshit, there is always work just not always people who want to do that work. Fucking shits me that people who hold down 2 jobs at the expense of their family life to get ahead get taxed to the hilt on the second job. Tax the cunts who aren't contributing, better yet don't fucking pay them or make them work for the dole and then watch how fast they get jobs.

Spot On..

blah blah blah..
my 2 cent vent..

Large
11-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Got any pics of your sis?

zx12argh
11-09-2010, 11:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

when you say "less fortunate", do you mean people without Suzuki's?

People without suzukis and turbos [:p]

Shadowzone
12-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Gitzy, I qualify for the disability pension and still choose to work 85hrs a weeks. I'll be fucked If I'm going to sit around with my hand out bludging. I'd go nuts. I almost did when I was laid up for 6weeks following a knee reco a couple of yrs ago. Sent me over the edge and I wound up on anti depressants because I couldn't deal with being housebound for so long.

Then again all my parents drilled into me growing up was - if you want it you work for it. That was their mantra.

I think it's just a shame so many people don't have the same ideas. I think we should be come like Japan where if you don't work your family has to support you because there is no hand out.

Ultimately it comes down to the fact that if you want something to flourish or thrive subsidise it. Poverty, Teen Births and Dole Bludgers are flourishing and thriving because we as a nation subsidise all of the above. Remove the subsidy and see how much better off we are as a nation. My guess is far better off. I believe though that we should be supporting the vulnerable such as mentally impaired (If their impairment stops them form taking up gainful employment) or war widows etc; After all that Widow gave her Husband for our Nations ideals.

Gitzy
12-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Large - Lol and Nope I think I burnt them all.. I tend to hate her...

Shadowzone - I agree with every word you just said.. Its funny though My parents drilled into me, work work work or you don't get.. But for the female part in the family, it's ok sweetie be a bludging queen.. Strange...

When I have kids, lazyness won't be tolerated, I mean I won't be a full on prick about it.. but so many people I know still have there 20yo+ kids at home bludging off them.. NO not studying and getting a little help from mum and dad till they finish Uni (I approve of that). BLUDGING working at maccas and pissing up all weekend with no cause to ultimately progress with there life.. I'll look after my kids for 18.000001 years and then start with the "come on mate, job and out time"

of course this is just my parenting opinion, and I know I won't know what I'll do till I'm right there when its happening..

Elapid
12-09-2010, 04:43 PM
http://www.qt.com.au/story/2010/09/09/man-robs-partner-she-was-labour-hospital/

Someone mentioned drains on society.....here are a lovely couple

Large
12-09-2010, 04:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Elapid

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2010/09/09/man-robs-partner-she-was-labour-hospital/

Someone mentioned drains on society.....here are a lovely couple

Dunb cunt should have waited for the $5000 <s>baby</s> plasma bonus.