PDA

View Full Version : Dominators...Are they any good???

nick76
07-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Ok guys,im thinking of putting Dominators on my bike.

I know afew of you guys have them,so looking for some answers to these questions...

Do they put out good light?
Would you feel safe doing 100kph on an unlit country road at dusk/night??
What globes do you run in them?
Does anyone have a black set sitting around,they'd like to sell??
Does anyone know of any sites thet sell them cheap?I see they are about the $200 mark on egay etc.

Gitzy
07-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Do they put out good light? I think so yes definitely
Would you feel safe doing 100kph on an unlit country road at dusk/night?? I feel very safe
What globes do you run in them? 1xH4 and 1xH7 I think
Does anyone have a black set sitting around,they'd like to sell?? Did have but sold em to Albi
Does anyone know of any sites thet sell them cheap?I see they are about the $200 mark on egay etc. Yep Here cjaccessories.co.uk (http://www.cjaccessories.co.uk/product.php?productid=16815&cat=249&page=1) cheaper than $100 AUS not sure on postage and you'll need brackets (http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19019) and your set Nick.. Bandit Rob who runs CJ's is good to deal with too..

NoZ
07-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Had some on mine briefly. Not as good output as the original headlamp but still good. The sell for about £40-£80 on ebay over here. Sold mine for £35 in the end. One thing I will say is that it's a bit of a pain cramming all that wire into less space ie. can look a bit untidy but depends on the state of your wiring. They can look good on some bike but they are like clits.. everyones got one. You can always spray them black, no need to pay extra.

zx12argh
07-09-2010, 09:44 PM
If you get the good $200 ones they are great. The reflectors are really high quality and actually designed to throw great light. They ones I got from AUSFR threw the same amount of light as a stock head light. Like NoZ says tho they are common as muck.

Bastard
07-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Do they put out good light? yes like Noz says not as good as the standard lamp but not far off.
Would you feel safe doing 100kph on an unlit country road at dusk/night?? Ive never felt nervous even at 100 mph(160kph)
What globes do you run in them? I run 2 H4's with both on all the time I found using bulbs with a blue'ish tint I had les dickheads pull out on me.
Does anyone have a black set sitting around,they'd like to sell?? cant help on this bit wrong side of the planet.
Does anyone know of any sites thet sell them cheap?I see they are about the $200 mark on egay etc.
just bandits or banditmania over here i know they ship to Aus.

And Noz had a look whilst in the shower and couldnt find my clit the wife lets me play with hers but if i had my own i wouldnt get nagged for playing with it at innapropriate times!

nick76
07-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Thanks guys for the replies.
I'll have to check out some of the suggested sites.

nick76
08-09-2010, 12:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gitzy
Does anyone know of any sites thet sell them cheap?I see they are about the $200 mark on egay etc. Yep Here cjaccessories.co.uk (http://www.cjaccessories.co.uk/product.php?productid=16815&cat=249&page=1) cheaper than $100 AUS not sure on postage and you'll need brackets (http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19019) and your set Nick.. Bandit Rob who runs CJ's is good to deal with too..

Thanks for the CJs Linky Gitzy.
Lights are around $108AUD delivered.
I ordered a couple of extra hand tools that will fit in the same parcel,and still saved about $70!!!

Gitzy
08-09-2010, 04:29 AM
Ahh nice one Nick, just to add to It I've had 2 sets of these, one set of $200+ AUSFR ones and one set off ebay for half that and they both came in the same Shinyo (http://www.shin-yo.de/) Box, Both were 'E' marked and both had same bulbs.. I haven't seen "bad" ones yet but apparently there out there..

What brackets are you thinking of??

NoZ
08-09-2010, 07:35 AM
you seen dinner for schmucks? he couldn't find it either bastard.. he thought he had but it was a bit of chewing gum under the bed lol.. that will mean nowt to anyone who's not seen it. Like your missus says, must try harder hehehehe

nick76
08-09-2010, 03:40 PM
I have no idea what that ^^^^^^ means NoZ????

Gitzy,Im gonna just use the brackets i have on my bike now,but i wanna stack the Dommi's,so will make up a bracket to suit both.
If i buy flash new brackets,it'll make the rest of my bike look even rougher!!!!

Large
08-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Where is jonesy5billion????

He knows and has "proof" the dominators are crap

nick76
08-09-2010, 08:22 PM
That Jonesywhatever is the guy that got me worried about these lights.
He was adamant they were shit,but so many bikes have them!!
I figure if they were that shit,they'd be $19.95,and no bike would still wear them!!
Good to hear the good reviews hear anyway.

NoZ
08-09-2010, 09:58 PM
From a film - no worries Nick

Doms are good headlights. Can make the front end look a bit untidy if you're wirings a mess but they are common as muck but that shouldn't worry you, if you want them, get them.

08-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Maybe the Dominators need an HID conversion.

What bulbs do they use?

nick76
20-09-2010, 06:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by nick76

quote:Originally posted by Gitzy

Thanks for the CJs Linky Gitzy.
Lights are around $108AUD delivered.
I ordered a couple of extra hand tools that will fit in the same parcel,and still saved about $70!!!

I have to recommend this CJ mob that Gitzy put me onto.
Bought the lights,and afew spanners,and had them in my hands in 9 days!!
Not bad.If i was in a metro area,it may of been even quicker.

Thanks Gitzy.

Too all others,check'em out.

RevHead
20-09-2010, 08:13 PM
ive got a spare set you can have for $50 ,they came of stiz bike they have a little gravel rash on them and a cracked lens but there all togehter and work ,so u could use these for a mock up if need ,cheers

robmac
20-09-2010, 08:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by playswithnitro

Maybe the Dominators need an HID conversion.

What bulbs do they use?

HID's would be no use with the dominators, too much randomness in the beam projection. Really need to use projector type lights for the full benefit of HID's.

I found the dominators light output to be very average. This was coming off a Speed Triple and they're not exactly renowned for igniting road kill. 6/10 for the Triumph and 4.5/10 for the dom's for me.

Beam position is critical with these lights...

nick76
20-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Opinions on light output,are like arseholes,everyones got one,and they are all different!
Just the replies in this topic vary from,nearly as good as a stock headlight,which in my opinion is pretty good,thru to very average,which sounds fairly bad!!!
I guess time will tell once i get mine mounted up.
Maybe playing with various globes/wattages might help??

What have others tried in way of globes with these??

Gitzy
21-09-2010, 04:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by nick76

Thanks Gitzy.

No wuccas Mate, happy to help..