PDA

View Full Version : Rider Safety at MotoGP ?

HOS
05-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Just watched MotoGP live at Misano on TV this morning and was enjoying the 250cc racing. Up until one rider went down and two others ran over him at high speed !

Poor guy flailing around on the track and the race carried on ?
Track crew come over to this guy who we can see is real badly hurt and manhandle him onto a stretcher to carry him off the track
while the race carries on.
Its live remember and we see 4 guys carrying the stretcher across the gravel trap and then they drop the f***ing stretcher with the guy on it ! [xx(]

What the hell were they trying to do apart from kill him ??? Anyone heard of spinal injuries or neck injuries at MotoGP ? :(
Anyone know how broken bones can rip through blood vessels when someone is manhandled like this ? [V]

My little lady and I sick as hell here after watching this ! Real angry at the track crew !!!

Large
05-09-2010, 09:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by HOS

Just watched MotoGP live at Misano on TV this morning and was enjoying the 250cc racing. Up until one rider went down and two others ran over him at high speed !

Poor guy flailing around on the track and the race carried on ?
Track crew come over to this guy who we can see is real badly hurt and manhandle him onto a stretcher to carry him off the track
while the race carries on.
Its live remember and we see 4 guys carrying the stretcher across the gravel trap and then they drop the f***ing stretcher with the guy on it ! [xx(]

What the hell were they trying to do apart from kill him ??? Anyone heard of spinal injuries or neck injuries at MotoGP ? :(
Anyone know how broken bones can rip through blood vessels when someone is manhandled like this ? [V]

My little lady and I sick as hell here after watching this ! Real angry at the track crew !!!

Which motogp were you watching?

We only get 125cc 2 strokes, 600cc 4strokes (moto2) and 800cc 4 strokes (motogp)

Then again you were never strong on detail or facts.

As for the track crew...they're italians- what do you expect?

Large
05-09-2010, 09:42 PM
While I'm at it.

How about you learn a bit of consideration and don't post results as soon as you see them HOS?

I'm not talking about crashes etc, but most of the races are late evening/early morning our time and I really hate logging on here to find out who won in the title of your threads.

Perhaps start your post/thread with a *****Spolier alert******MotoGP results**** and put the info in the thread or something.

BANDITROD
05-09-2010, 10:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

While I'm at it.

How about you learn a bit of consideration and don't post results as soon as you see them HOS?

I'm not talking about crashes etc, but most of the races are late evening/early morning our time and I really hate logging on here to find out who won in the title of your threads.

Perhaps start your post/thread with a *****Spolier alert******MotoGP results**** and put the info in the thread or something.

yeah im with you on that one big fella

Rocket
05-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Japanese moto 2 rider died. Fucking sad news.

HOS
06-09-2010, 01:02 AM
There are no spoilers on here of any kind.
I know the score with ppl who do that and I aint one of them or that
stupid/disrespectful.

ok ! ;)

HOS
06-09-2010, 01:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

While I'm at it.

The only disrespect is towards me, read the first fucking post?

Any spoilers or results or any rider details ?

latheboy
06-09-2010, 07:08 AM
"Any spoilers or results or any rider details? "

Well yes.... I now know what happens in the Moto2 and i missed it last night....

RIP Bloke

Large
06-09-2010, 09:54 AM

quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

While I'm at it.

The only disrespect is towards me, read the first fucking post?

Any spoilers or results or any rider details ?

I wasn't talking about the original post.

I'm sure I've logged on here on a monday to see a thread/s started by you with something like "Stoner Crashes" or "Rossi Out" before I've had a chance to see the race. Coming into the pointy end of the season, I'm requesting it doesn't happen again.

RIP Shoya Tomizawa

Gitzy
06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
My bad Mr Large :(, I think that was me.. but i fink it was in practice and was on news the day before the race.. but I make note not to spoil in future, I hate spoilers.. I usually tape it on sundays, walk into work on mon and someone goes "how good was stoners win last night"... grrrrrrr, you bastard..[B)]

Large
06-09-2010, 11:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gitzy

My bad Mr Large :(, I think that was me.. but i fink it was in practice and was on news the day before the race.. but I make note not to spoil in future, I hate spoilers.. I usually tape it on sundays, walk into work on mon and someone goes "how good was stoners win last night"... grrrrrrr, you bastard..[B)]

Nah, I'm sure I've logged a couple of times to find a spoiler from HOS. If not- I would apologise, but he'll just add it to his general state of paranoia anyway.

I reckon any sports results less than 24hrs old should be preceeded by spoiler alerts

eddahenry
06-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Yep that chrash you are talking about is the crash where the rider died
Sad News
Fell sorry for his family and friends and also the 2 other riders that in no cause of there own Proberbly killed him

Bubble Boy
06-09-2010, 04:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by eddahenry

Yep that chrash you are talking about is the crash where the rider died
Sad News
Fell sorry for his family and friends and also the 2 other riders that in no cause of there own Proberbly killed him

Well if he was dead it didn't matter that they dropped him then did it?[:0]

HOS
06-09-2010, 05:02 PM

quote:Originally posted by Gitzy

Nah, I'm sure I've logged a couple of times to find a spoiler from HOS. If not- I would apologise, but he'll just add it to his general state of paranoia anyway.

I reckon any sports results less than 24hrs old should be preceeded by spoiler alerts

Back it up and then if you are right I will aplogise ?

Cruisecontrol
06-09-2010, 05:35 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19954

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17240

HOS
06-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Fair comment Cruise.

I did post up Rossi crashing during practise and also posted Rossi winning the 2009 MotoGP the day after.

My apologise to all for posting those back then.
Shall`nt happen again in the future.

;)

HOS
06-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Spoilers are stupid and show lack of respect.

With the two items I posted, One about Rossi winning the world championship in 2009 at the final race, he had already won it because his lead was unbeatable regardless of where he came or anyone else came on that last race of the series. So that was no surprise and in the 1st post I also said "Do`nt look if you do`nt want to know the winners !! OK !!!! ".

The second item was about Rossi crashing out during practice before the British MotoGP round this year. With the best will in the world you would have found it impossible to avoid that news, it was all over the mainstream news media, the TV and the radio etc every hour.

I don`t agree with spoilers but these two items really were not.
A bit more research would have told you this.

Can I suggest in fairness that race spoilers should be part of the site rules to avoid any future problems ?

Jup
06-09-2010, 07:07 PM
You could have chosen a title such as "2009 championship decided!" or some such, and then used spoiler tags in the body to hide the names. It just takes a little forethought and consideration.

The result may already have been a foregone conclusion if you do the maths, but it's a fair "heads up" about sporting results/incidents IMHO

spoiler tags work the same as quote and image tags [] spoiler and [/]

HOS
06-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Jup I said my piece I aint interested in anymore bitching.

nick76
06-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Anyway,back to the original post,we didn't get to see the track staff manhandle him onto the stretcher,nor did we see him get dropped.
Our telecast was at a commercial break when it happened,so we just got a replay of the crash.
Thats fucked.

HOS
06-09-2010, 09:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by nick76

Anyway,back to the original post,we didn't get to see the track staff manhandle him onto the stretcher,nor did we see him get dropped.
Our telecast was at a commercial break when it happened,so we just got a replay of the crash.
Thats fucked.

We saw it live on UK TV and it showed the full crash and again in slow-mo.
Me and the mrs both watched in total disbelief to see how the injured rider was handled and then they dropped the back end of the stretcher where his head was as they carried him across the gravel trap.

You need to have some exPErience of a serious "off" to know that you do not move anyone until a paramadic has checked them over.
I could not see anyway he should have been lifted onto a canvas stretcher on the ground having seen what had just happened to him.

Very bad safety from what we saw.

NoZ
06-09-2010, 10:24 PM
'ere! what's with all the bitchiness? you lot grow a pair of tits and get your period or something? Sheesh! Call a cunt a cunt but bitching is boring.

Large
06-09-2010, 11:05 PM

Spoilers are stupid and show lack of respect.

With the two items I posted, One about Rossi winning the world championship in 2009 at the final race, he had already won it because his lead was unbeatable regardless of where he came or anyone else came on that last race of the series. So that was no surprise and in the 1st post I also said "Do`nt look if you do`nt want to know the winners !! OK !!!! ".

The second item was about Rossi crashing out during practice before the British MotoGP round this year. With the best will in the world you would have found it impossible to avoid that news, it was all over the mainstream news media, the TV and the radio etc every hour.

I don`t agree with spoilers but these two items really were not.
A bit more research would have told you this.

Can I suggest in fairness that race spoilers should be part of the site rules to avoid any future problems ?

HOS

I did a bit of research- as you suggested- and found that the race you were talking about- Malaysia 2009 was the second last race of the season.

Up untill the results of that race, Lorenzo could still have become world champion- do the maths here-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Grand_Prix_motorcycle_racing_season

So by any reasonable standards your post was a classic spoiler mate.

Large
06-09-2010, 11:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by NoZ

'ere! what's with all the bitchiness? you lot grow a pair of tits and get your period or something? Sheesh! Call a cunt a cunt but bitching is boring.

I don't consider HOS is a cunt so I'll refrain from saying that thank you. Over the past several months, HOS's posting have become increasingly bizarre. I wont speak for anyone else, but if he expects me to believe any of his claims, I'd like to see some proof/evidence and some accuracy in his reports.

My first post was merely a comment on his innacurate reporting. The Moto2 season is 13 races into an 18 race season and the second tier class is now filled by 600cc 4 stroke Honda powered bikes, not 250 cc 2 strokes.

HOS
07-09-2010, 12:35 AM
From the MotoGP official website:

By the end of the Malaysian GP on October 25th, Rossi had won the championship.

Had Lorenzo got 1st place at Valencia and even if Rossi had a DNF
Rossi still would have won the world championship on points.

Do`nt trust Wiki too much ;)

As for the shit talking ? Thats why its in Terrorist Free Zone.
Thats where the shit talk goes yeah :D

Chill out.....

HOS
07-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Back on topic [:p]

I guess no one saw the crash then.

Going to have a cuppa a lie down now, that was fukkin ard work ;):D Got headache now.... fukkin stats.... [xx(]

HOS
07-09-2010, 12:53 AM
I know how we are in the UK in winter time and when the weathers cold and wet or its snow covered.

We all go syco and fuckin angry because we can`t ride.

Same shit hey ?

When does your summer start ? [8D]

NoZ
07-09-2010, 07:49 AM
I wasn't saying he was a cunt, met him once and he was sound ... just saying call a spade a spade. Regardless of people's wacky posts.. bitchiness has also increased and it's no fun to read. Piss taking is though.

fimpBIKES
07-09-2010, 12:17 PM
saw the crash on youtube last night, not good [xx(]
rip

suxukifreak
07-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Found this....

Paolo Giovagnoli, the prosecutor of Rimini, has opened a dossier of inquiry into the death of Shoya Tomizawa, the 19 year-old Moto2 rider who lost his life Sunday in a horrific crash during the San Marino GP. The inquest into Tomizawa’s death is investigating unknown persons, who may have contributed to Tomizawa’s injuries when he was hastily taken off the track via stretcher, which was subsequently dropped in the process. Tomizawa’s body will undergo a full autopsy, which could lead to manslaughter charges being drawn up against the track workers, and possibly track authorities as well.

Clinica Mobile and track officials have drawn heavy fire since the incident Sunday. At the center of the controversy was the decision not to red flag the race, and the brisk removal of the riders, bikes, and debris that occurred so the race could continue unhindered. Race officials have stood behind their decision saying that a red flag was not necessary to safely transport Tomizawa and the other riders, and in fact a red flag scenario would have delayed potentially lifesaving medical help to Tomizawa.

“Immediately the first idea I think is if it’s possible to stop the race because it’s dangerous, but the people with the stretcher immediately arrived and when you remove the rider from the track for my medical decision I do not ask Race Direction for the red flag because this does not help my job, because we delay the intervention for the ambulance,” said Dr. Claudio Macchiagodena of the Clinica Mobile.

“Behind the track protection we had one ambulance with the respirator inside and we started immediately all the intensive care for him. I didn’t ask for the red flag because I didn’t need it. After the rider came to the medical centre I had some people asking me why it took a lot of time. The intensive care started behind the protection of the track. Normally when you have a broken arm the ambulance is the same as a taxi, where you put the rider inside and send him quickly. Now it was very important to have the ventilation and two doctors. When he arrived at the medical centre his condition was critical, and we continued the intensive care.”

Despite Dr. Macchiagodena’s statement, the issue that many are having with the treatment by the corner workers stems from the rapid use of a stretcher to take the riders off the track. Suffering from head, back, and chest impacts, Tomizawa was taken off the track with seemingly little care given to the potential injuries in these regions.

The issue was only compounded further as Tomizawa was dropped while on the stretcher in the process of being extracted from the track. While it remains unclear if these circumstances exacerbated Tomizawa’s injuries, it has drawn serious attention to the protocols of rider safety in crashes like the one at San Marino.

Source: ANSA via MotoBlog.it

HOS
07-09-2010, 07:39 PM
suzukifreak thanks for that mate !

I was considering making a formal complaint via the MotoGP organisers based on what we had seen on live TV.

As someone with some knowledge of serious bike smash injuries,
the way he was handled at the track may have been a contributory or causal factor in his death.

Very, very sad none the less. :(

HOS
07-09-2010, 07:41 PM

I wasn't saying he was a cunt, met him once and he was sound ... just saying call a spade a spade. Regardless of people's wacky posts.. bitchiness has also increased and it's no fun to read. Piss taking is though.

Blokes get PMS too ! :D;) lol

HOS
07-09-2010, 07:46 PM
TBh we have been to some UK motorcycle races where the marshals are a waste of space.

In 2007 when we were at Weston Beach races me and my little lady had to flag down racers because a rider had gone down down infront of us.
We rapidly helped him drag his bike off the sand track and opened the barriers to help him. Lets say he was grateful.;)

The 3 x marshals nearby were stood watching racing on the other side of the track and we couldnt attract their attention. Dozy wankers.

We wouldnt stand by and see anyone get hurt in that situation.

bluemk1
08-09-2010, 04:42 PM
hos it sounds like you are the one thats a wanker.
i dont know how its done overseas but here in australia all the track marshalls are volunteers made up of mostly riders who generously give up their own time.

so for you to say they dont care or call them wankers and a waste of space is rediculous based on what happened at your event.

perhaps you and your little lady can volunteer to be track marshalls seeing as you dont have a real job.

i for one hope this investigation goes nowhere.

HOS
08-09-2010, 05:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by bluemk1

i dont know how its done overseas but here in australia all the track marshalls are volunteers made up of mostly riders who generously give up their own time.

so for you to say they dont care or call them wankers and a waste of space is rediculous based on what happened at your event.

perhaps you and your little lady can volunteer to be track marshalls seeing as you dont have a real job.

^^^ TOTAL IDIOT STATEMENT ^^^

Cruisecontrol
08-09-2010, 05:49 PM

You should use that as your signature.
It is extremely accurate and as a bonus happens to be spelt correctly...

HOS
08-09-2010, 05:49 PM
This is MotoGP not some dirt track in the outback.
Marhsalls are trained and paid by a specalaist company and have to know basic safety.

Hey did you know MotoGP comes to Aus too ?
And no they do`nt use homies as Marhsalls.

Basic safety says when I biker is downed like that you do not move them !!! The potential for spinal, neck or head damage was very apparent to anyone with 1/2 a brain.

You do`nt need training to know that ffs.

FFS rookie fucking bikers.
I hope no one goes down hard near you on the road if you know that little about spinal and neck injuries. Your the kind of prat who`d be taking someones lid off [xx(]

Quit the rookie talk ok ?

HOS
08-09-2010, 05:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

You should use that as your signature.
It is extremely accurate and as a bonus happens to be spelt correctly...

Same shit different day hey mate ?

Cruisecontrol
08-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Yes, that sums you up nicely.

pt
08-09-2010, 06:04 PM
can i make a request that this thread stops right now? A rider has died. As far as the incident goes, its up to those involved what happened and nothing will change that now. Especially not petty arguments.

Thanks

HOS
08-09-2010, 06:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Yes, that sums you up nicely.

You were a bit slow on the uptake there kid ?

Large
08-09-2010, 06:42 PM

Based on what?

bluemk1 is totally correct in saying track marshalls are all volunteers in Aus (not sure about F1)but definitely MotoGp etc.

Lewis Moto
08-09-2010, 07:06 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1283953337.jpg

Ladies can we start from the top.
Some valuable contributions to the original title and thread content but please have yourselves a nice big cup of shut the fuck up.

This thread is disrespectful and definitely not conducive to topical discussion. Let it die or remove it.

Large
08-09-2010, 07:08 PM

From the MotoGP official website:

By the end of the Malaysian GP on October 25th, Rossi had won the championship.

Had Lorenzo got 1st place at Valencia and even if Rossi had a DNF
Rossi still would have won the world championship on points.

Do`nt trust Wiki too much ;)

As for the shit talking ? Thats why its in Terrorist Free Zone.
Thats where the shit talk goes yeah :D

Chill out.....

HOS,

While we're on the subject of having no idea...I actually posted this up twice and deleted it out of respect for the dead rider.

I feel that now it's time you do a bit of research and basic maths- I've added the rider points table to help you (it's from wiki, but I doubt you'll find anything to support your claim from the "official MotoGP website")

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1283959248.jpg

It may look complicated but it's first grade maths so bear with me.

If you start at the end of the season and work back two races... you will see that Rossi had 306 points minus 36 = 270 points at the start of the 2009 Malaysian MotoGP.

If you roll your eyes away from the conspiracy above you and look one row lower to Lorenzo you will see that he had 261 points-minus 29 points = 232 points at the start of the 2009 Malaysian MotoGP.

Simple maths as even you can probably do would show that Lorenzo was 38 points behind Rossi going into the second last race of the 2009 MotoGP series...

The winner of each MotoGP race gets 25 points...

So if Lorenzo won both races (or came second in both without Rossi scoring) he could have become world champion...(other scenarios like 1st/3rd would work too)

And now to the point.

Your post a few hours after the 2009 Malaysian MotGP proclaimed "Rossi does it ! World Champion 2009"

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17240

I've done the maths <s>3</s> 4 times now...maybe you can do the same and explain how that's not a spoiler?

:)

Cruisecontrol
08-09-2010, 07:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Aido

Some valuable contributions to the original title and thread content but please have yourselves a nice big cup of shut the fuck up.

This thread is disrespectful and definitely not conducive to topical discussion. Let it die or remove it.

Here is the thread for respect:
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20871

This thread is about rider safety in general.

Oh and a pic...

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1283958139.jpg

Large
08-09-2010, 07:11 PM

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1283953337.jpg

errr.........no. Sorry bloke but there is already a respect for the dead rider thread. This is now a "How about you get a fucking clue before you post up shit" thread.

Lewis Moto
08-09-2010, 07:41 PM
well in that case....

Hos. Based on fact. MOST flag marshals and event officials in Australian motorsport are unpaid volunteers. Missano would probably be no different.
F1 - yes all marshalls are Cams accredited but do it for the love of the sport and the spectacle but for almost nothing. 1 official even lost his life from a loose tyre. This I know because I have spent a weekend in Melbourne F1 pit lane alongside these people. Most of them then had been doing it since the first Aus F1 in Adelaide. They had part of their expenses paid but had to organise their own accomodation, transport and everything else.

Hows that then?

Large
08-09-2010, 07:45 PM

well in that case....

Hos. Based on fact. MOST flag marshals and event officials in Australian motorsport are unpaid volunteers. Missano would probably be no different.
F1 - yes all marshalls are Cams accredited but do it for the love of the sport and the spectacle but for almost nothing. 1 official even lost his life from a loose tyre. This I know because I have spent a weekend in Melbourne F1 pit lane alongside these people. Most of them then had been doing it since the first Aus F1 in Adelaide. They had part of their expenses paid but had to organise their own accomodation, transport and everything else.

Hows that then?

Sorry Aido.

The "how about you get a clue..." wasn't aimed at you but the uninformed that make statements they can't back up.

NoZ
08-09-2010, 09:50 PM
BITCHING ASIDE! ffs

Bloke died. Marshals whether paid or volunteer fucked up royally. Even volunteer mashalls are given training at such events. Whether GP or some kids burn around a field day.... BASIC first aid stipulates that you don't move someone who's just come off a bike at that speed, who has hit the ground that hard and then been hit by 2 other bikes. Maybe they thought they were moving a corpse? Either way, those guys man handled a seriously injured rider, DROPPED HIM and then he died. Dammned right there should be an investigation! And the volunteers won't get blamed, the fucking organisers will for failing to train them adequately. This wasn't some rookie event, it was the MotoGP and the standards should be that much higher fullstop.

If I'm out riding and happened accross a bike accident, I'd fucking deck anyone trying to move them before an ambulance arrived or take the lid off. Ignorance kills. Why are lot arguing the toss about it? If you're lying in the road fucked up and unconscious wouldn't you want someone to stop some well meaning individual from paralysing you for life or ending it? I know I would.

Large
08-09-2010, 10:06 PM
blah blah blah.

Going off his posts in this and many other threads, It's becoming increasingly obvious that HOS is a moron.

We're just doing the right thing and letting him know....

NoZ
08-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Fair enough. But I'm not a moron and that was my reply to other comments about gp track safety, not anything else.

bluemk1
08-09-2010, 10:17 PM

interesting you would say that.
unlike you my post was based on fact other than the digs at you and your little lady.

yes you have had experience with a serious accident, your not the only one on here so you calling me a rookie is out of line.
i have also done a motorcycle related first aid course and im well aware of the responce procedures.

if you have another look at the video you will see that the guys handling him where not just regular joe flag wavers but medical staff with im guessing some sort of medical training one would hope. they for whatever reason rightly or wrongly made the call that it was safe to move him.
what is the investigation going to achieve exactly?
do you think any of these guys tried to possibly injure him further on purpose?

they where jsut trying to help another human in need. sure mistakes may have been made but finding blame and prosecuting those individuals no good will ever come of that.

all one can hope for is that this never happens again but thats part of riding unfortunately.

bluemk1
08-09-2010, 10:19 PM

This is MotoGP not some dirt track in the outback.
Marhsalls are trained and paid by a specalaist company and have to know basic safety.

Hey did you know MotoGP comes to Aus too ?
And no they do`nt use homies as Marhsalls.

Basic safety says when I biker is downed like that you do not move them !!! The potential for spinal, neck or head damage was very apparent to anyone with 1/2 a brain.

You do`nt need training to know that ffs.

FFS rookie fucking bikers.
I hope no one goes down hard near you on the road if you know that little about spinal and neck injuries. Your the kind of prat who`d be taking someones lid off [xx(]

Quit the rookie talk ok ?

****TOTAL IDIOT STATEMENT**** :D

latheboy
09-09-2010, 09:48 AM

If I'm out riding and happened accross a bike accident, I'd fucking deck anyone trying to move them before an ambulance arrived or take the lid off. Ignorance kills.

I really hope that if i stack and need CPR your not around.

It's about making a choice, sometimes people make good ones and sometimes they are bad ones.

If doing nothing is your choice then thats bad.

Redmohawk
09-09-2010, 10:23 AM
A little common sence is needed , problem is its not so common now days!

I'd rather be moved carefully and risk further injury if done by someone with care , than be left in the midddle of a highway like I was last time and almost run over by a dumb fucker rubber necking towing his caravan ! That was on a pushbike and quite a few years back.

FIRST and formost look for danger for yourself! Only then Approch visual checks for obvious inj assess the situation , check for concessness and other less obvious inj ,If they really need to be moved to prevent much further potential danger, use as many calm people as possable, use things like a shirt etc to imberlise the neck if possable to do without moving the person around.

If your untrained but willing to help and think you may be able to help without causing more harm by all means do so, very few people rendering assistance are ever prosicuted if they acadently do harm.

fimpBIKES
09-09-2010, 12:25 PM
i know that the medical staff fucked up, and hopefully an investigation will get some money to the riders family (small consolation i know...)

but did you see the crash? from what i saw he had his abdomin run over by a bike, and the bike didnt bounce up too high.
im guessing his suit was probably the only thing holding him together anyways, RIP

latheboy
09-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Stop deleting your posts large....

TurboKat
09-09-2010, 05:21 PM

BITCHING ASIDE! ffs

Bloke died. Marshals whether paid or volunteer fucked up royally. Even volunteer mashalls are given training at such events. Whether GP or some kids burn around a field day.... BASIC first aid stipulates that you don't move someone who's just come off a bike at that speed, who has hit the ground that hard and then been hit by 2 other bikes. Maybe they thought they were moving a corpse? Either way, those guys man handled a seriously injured rider, DROPPED HIM and then he died. Dammned right there should be an investigation! And the volunteers won't get blamed, the fucking organisers will for failing to train them adequately. This wasn't some rookie event, it was the MotoGP and the standards should be that much higher fullstop.

If I'm out riding and happened accross a bike accident, I'd fucking deck anyone trying to move them before an ambulance arrived or take the lid off. Ignorance kills. Why are lot arguing the toss about it? If you're lying in the road fucked up and unconscious wouldn't you want someone to stop some well meaning individual from paralysing you for life or ending it? I know I would.

100% spot on there, well said.

Large
09-09-2010, 07:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

Stop deleting your posts large....

wat posts?[:p]

Destijl
09-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Perhaps safety training would be worth while but motorsport is dangerous and everyone involved knows it!