PDA

View Full Version : Razor's Bandit - Green Slipped the end in sight

Razorback
09-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Well after quite a few more months than I expected, we are all done. Got the roadworthy today. Should get a plate Monday or Tuesday of next week. Then its off to lose my licence [}:)]

Thanks to everyone who has provided help, support and advice over the last few months. 6 weeks ago I wondered if I was ever gonna see the end. But when you ride this bike you forget about what went into it in about half a second. Its beyond my expectations of both performance and handling, Im loving it.

So here ya go.... some pix so yas can tell me where I went wrong ;)

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/4643763879742.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/46437638118781.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/46437638123683.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/4643763876583.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/46437638124809.JPG

As predicted... Just in time for winter

BTW... can anyone put me onto a good headlight mount. Ive given up waiting on the one we ordered from MCS and that alloy bracket is really shitting me since everything else is just how I want it.

NakedTurboBusa
09-06-2006, 03:28 PM
nice stuff... love the yellow frame....

i went to collect my final powder coated parts 20 mins ago..... he fucked them royaly!!!! i even warned him beforeto take extra care with edges..... fucking idiot.... he fix till next week now.....

it was bk powdercoat at brookvale.... my wife wont let me put 'logans paste on all his things.... damm!! looks like the flaming shit on his bonnet will do!

cool bike mate.

cheers

pete

clairebear
09-06-2006, 03:51 PM
does it say poof on the front of your helmet Razor?

clairebear
09-06-2006, 03:52 PM
kiddn. it looks great, i always love to admire all you guys' work (& girls jo!)

TurboKat
09-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Good job Razor, it's come up well, lots of trick bits. [8D]
I hafta agree with you about the current h/l mount though, looks a bit wrong. Those mirrors are a bit.. um.. er.. practical aren't they?

deafwish
09-06-2006, 04:10 PM
That bike is friggin sensational.
A credit to you, Razor!
Damn you're right, that headlight bracket has to go!

<patiently waits for the burnout pics>

Razorback
09-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah the mirrors are just ones we scrounged up to get it over rego. Havnt decided on final mirror setup yet. Its "Roof" Claire lol... Poof is on the number plate :D

Iceman
09-06-2006, 04:42 PM
It's come up great Razor.

Stu's got some flash look'n CNC machined and laser cut alloy H/L brackets on his site. They'd do the job.

09-06-2006, 05:02 PM
finally Pete,looks good mate. but the centre stand, cross bar, mirrors and rear hugger all need to be put back in the spares box now that she's rego'd. When do we get to see the dyno report??? it is a 1340 isnt it?

fimpBIKES
09-06-2006, 05:37 PM
very nice mate!!

yet another project rego'd before mine though
bastard :D

u got it rego'd with the yoshi?

09-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Lookin' good Razor.

Definitely have o make Fool's next year now.

Zed14
09-06-2006, 08:55 PM
its a suzuki. thats where you started to go wrong.

Rich
09-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Razor, it should pull more stumps than Big Lizzy :D I have Saturday, Sunday and Monday off if you want to ride over.

Andy Hiscock is going to TEKA tune the Busa's ECU on Monday which is good of him seeing it's a long weekend. With the full yoshi system, air box mod, K & N air filter and TRE it should be around the 185hp mark.

Cheers Rich

hooligan
10-06-2006, 01:23 AM
Did you know that in nsw you can legally ride around with no plate "for the purposes of registration"?
Looking good, Razor (except the mirrors & headlight bracket, o' course).

FIGHTERMC
10-06-2006, 01:33 AM
Nice work Razor,bar end mirrors and headlight brackets would
look brill on it mate.

Razorback
11-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Cheers guys.

Rich I wont get it booked in for a plate till about Tuesday or Wednesday but next weekend for sure if your free.

Yeah dave 1340, stand is going, I like the x bar and Im still undecided about the hugger, didnt like it at first but now its growing on me. Youll love this too... you cant see it in the pics but I have one of those blue fluro licence sticker holders under the tail. Throws a blue glow on the back wheel in the dark... VERY George Michael [:p] (no Im not kidding) Ill post some night shots

I plan to put it on the Dyno at Mildura Motorcycles ASAP, being 1340 and with the other little bits and the tune it just had Id be expecting somewhere around 140-150 or more. Im pretty realistic with Dynos, I think most people over estimate their actual HP so Ill believe whatever the machine says.

After the 02GSXR1000 it feels like its got a pretty similar amount of low end grunt, which is what youd expect. I actually havnt found enough room on a road yet to see what happens after 2nd gear so, Im looking forward to that :D. Gonna get a tacho too, didnt think Id bother but I actually wanna see what its pulling.

And Gary (fatblokeonbandit) if you look closely you can see your tailight mate. Now doing the rounds of Mildura, found a couple of car interior body plugs that replaced those LED's like they were made for it mate, all plugged in a went from the get go.

In any case its gonna be a fun few weeks sorting out the fine points.

devo
11-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Looks flash Mate but without being a picky prick but I'm
think'n your discs are the wrong way around.
And yes definately loose the headlight bracket.

pesh
11-06-2006, 03:58 PM
lookin good there razor ..bet ur hangin just to get out there and loose that licence..LOL ... nice machine m8

Razorback
11-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Nice spotting on the discs. Ill check it out.

11-06-2006, 06:32 PM
disks should have L + R stamped in em mate,but ya might wanna check ya tyre rotation direction wy ya at it?

Rocket
11-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Good one razor. 1340 sounds like a nice fat number, I'd be real interested to hear what she goes like.
Are the big pistons heavier than the stockies? Do they affect your rev limit ?
What else is done to the donk ? Big valves etc ?

Razorback
13-06-2006, 09:06 AM
No idea on most of the fine detail of the engine mods as they were done when I got the bike, organised by Matt Mingay by I dont know who did the work. Its also got a cam of some sort but again Im not certain what. It goes exceptionally well, it has a ton of low end grunt and 1st 2nd and 3rd are just an exercise in keeping the front wheel down. Im happy enough with it mechanically that I dont have any plans for more power. Just would like a USD front end if I decide to keep it.

But being addicted to projects.... Ive already got my eye on something else LOL.

clairebear
13-06-2006, 10:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by davo

disks should have L + R stamped in em mate,but ya might wanna check ya tyre rotation direction wy ya at it?

L&R...Loser & Reject?
[^]

Razorback
13-06-2006, 11:18 AM
More like Look and Read

Im a turkey :D

Gix11
13-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Coming in to the topic at this stage means everything has already been said mate, so I'll just give you the thumbs up!

Rich
29-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Razor, did you get those headlight brackets in the end mate ??

Let me know if you wanna go for a spin to Pooncarie or where-ever, or even just to sit in a shed and drink Rye Whisky and stare at bikes.

Cheers Rich

Razorback
29-07-2006, 04:00 PM
I got brackets on the way from the UK right now actually mate. Sad to say still almost $60 cheaper than I could get anywhere in Oz for the exact same units I wanted. Something is very wrong (yes that includes air freight). I also got my ticket yesterday. 79 in a 60 $200 and 3 points.... just shoot me :D