PDA

View Full Version : NSW vs QLD Roads

zx12argh
19-02-2007, 09:53 PM
I went for a ride with kroosn from here in sunny (well it was pissing down) brisvegas down to Byron this weekend for a look see - first time I crossed the border on the 12r.

Gotta say two things:

1 - your roads are superb... Coming back home within 30 minutes of crossing the border I felt like I was riding a jack hammer. [xx(]

B - How many fucking "Slow down, speed camera, cops are watching you blah blah blah" road signs do you need?

You mexicans have it weird...

But other then that the trip to byron was sweet. Well apart from the fact that it rained almost as soon as we crossed the border back home :(

Large
19-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Lollerz!!11

Try goiing a bit further south...the roads get really shitty. The cunts are thinking about using the hidden cameras...and mexico starts about another 1300k south of Byron.

zx12argh
19-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Anything south of my immediate position is mexico as far as I'm concerned... It gives me an excuse to yell at the neighbours.

abusa
19-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Talking about going down south that sig is piss funny large!

ZX if you go out past Rathdowney and across the Border you will notice a huge differnce in road quality, well worth perservering with the shitty Queensland Roads to get there. My favourite is from Grafton to Armidale, that country is Gold for bike riding!

One thing about their signs when they say 30km/h, they meen it!!

Shayne

20-02-2007, 06:46 AM
It really depends upon the council & also the type of use the road gets[xx(]I know of one road that gets ripped up EVERY year:(Fu@ckn B doubles use it all day long(country road)thier load[?]ROAD BASE,the irony[xx(]South aust. have the best roads followed by vic.thats from a bike piont of view[V]:D

chopiesel
20-02-2007, 06:56 AM
our roads smash them both.

kroosn
20-02-2007, 11:14 AM
yeah and i couldnt believe it, especially on my bike i could feel every bump and corogation. although i did manage to wheelstand from NSW to QLD. and have now got the rolling burnouts sorted. woot.

Kroosn

speeddemon
20-02-2007, 04:58 PM
And when the RTA 'fix'our nsw roads that means concrete and straight

seriously that why u should ride a motard or long travel bikes in nsw then these shitty roads r actually quite fun. Oh, by the way Mexicans the only reason you have good road surface is because you have 1km of them in total - there are alot of good roads in nsw, just lots more shitty ones between

crazymofo
20-02-2007, 05:53 PM
dont know what you sooks are whinging about... i for one love the bumpy shitty b-roads.. makes for one hellova fun ride :D

fave ride in my area is yatala->beaudesert->rathdowney->kyogle->burringbah->chillingham->numinbah->beechmont->tamnbo->coomera.

its an all day twistie feast, and the smoothest parts being burringbah (racetrack with cars and guardrails) and the run from rathdowney to kyogle... constant $2.40 traveling on that road.

cheers.joe.

EDIT:
but i do agree, there is a increase in quality of roads when you go from qld to nsw... just ride the rathdowney (QLD) to summerland way (NSW-kyogle) boarder crossing and you'll see my point)