PDA

View Full Version : Busa Turbo kits.

Gix11
19-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Ok Busa turbo guys - A guy that runs a shop here on the Gold Coast has a mate who races a hill climber car with a Busa motor (or at least he thinks it is as the guy claimed it was a GSX1300 motor as standard) and he has asked to him to locate a Turbo for it. Anyone got some phone numbers and addresses I can put him on to?

Rich
19-02-2007, 03:30 PM
G'day Si, I was speaking with Ozkat yesterday arvo about turbo kits for Busa's. He reckons our very own ASF member Shayne aka 'abusa' from Cyanide Racing is the man to speak with.

www.cyanideracing.com.au

Cheers Rich

Gix11
19-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Thought that might be the case. Cheers Rich.

chopiesel
19-02-2007, 04:44 PM
there is s & r pro in syd.

Deano
19-02-2007, 05:06 PM
si

booster is your man. after all he does have 2 turbo busas with his turbo systems on them. he make all his own bits and is a top bloke to boot.

i am sure he will look after your mate at a fraction of the cost of the 'professionals'

Iceman
19-02-2007, 05:06 PM
I'd talk to Booster. Last time I saw him he was fixing a busa that S&R made a mess of.

ozkat
19-02-2007, 05:10 PM
You can actually go into your local Repco store and order a complete Busa turbo kit off the shelf.

Deano
19-02-2007, 05:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

You can actually go into your local Repco store and order a complete Busa turbo kit off the shelf.

actually my local 7/11 roadhouse has a couple to oz

Gix11
19-02-2007, 05:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

Should I recommend that to Chris at Action though mate? I think he wants it fitted as well.

abusa
19-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Yep can sort him out for a kit and guide him through the install if he is handy with the tools.

As the guys have said Booster can sort him out as well, lots of knowlege there, but would be a big haul for fitting!

LAE in Brisbane have been involved with Turbos both building, fitting and Dynoing. There is Mr Turbo also on the Coast, but there kits are getting a bit old school and not as efficient as the modern ones.

Oz is right too, Repco and I think Autobarn can supply the kits which are similar to what I have, not sure of price. The kits are really well made these days and if you can pull off headers or replace an Air Filter, you pretty much have all the skills needed apart from tuning.

Shayne

Booster
19-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Si it depends what he wants and how much he is willing to spend, i can fabricate and supply but mine will look a little home made compared to say a Rcc/ ghetto kit like Shaynes, they are works of art [:p] (Rcc also have a 2 yr warranty on some bits)
Trouble with a car kit is bike stuff doesn't just fit on some bits need to be modified, nothing too drastic unless the frame is near the exhaust.
The bike i was working on that Iceman saw was a Velocity kit that had been in a hillclimb car made fit a bike again.
Probably easiest to talk as i would be happy to recomend something to suit his needs . my ph 0428 655 445

Gix11
20-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Awesome. Cheers lads. I have printed out this topic and added the email that Shayne sent me and will take it to the guy tomorrow. As always you've been a great help guys. Cheers.

Booster
20-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Si , thinking about it a little more, he would want to get better than the base Ghetto/Rcc/Velocity kit as they use a rising rate regulator system and a powercommander for mapping , this works great on a bike that does short squirts but on a loaded car where there is much higher demand for fuel and much more heat created .
something that uses secondary injectors (easy mapping and good idle/part throttle) or a full standalone ecu and bigger injectors would be better suited.
Best thing about a car is heaps of room for an intercooler.
Also if he has been into hillclimbs for long he should know Scott and Brett they have experiance with there own turbo and supercharged hill climb cars.

Slain
21-02-2007, 04:28 PM
try dodgy bros in townsville.
he has a 929 turbo, doing a r1 and mates busa turbo install was fixed and set up properly by him