PDA

View Full Version : it'd make ya cry!

Arron_01r1
20-08-2010, 10:56 PM
PICS
http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/vehicle/CP-01-09-Ducati-Desmosedici-RR-Road-Cycle-1-Seats/itemid-1-103067084/lotid-0
Condition Report
http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/vehicle/CP-01-09-Ducati-Desmosedici-RR-Road-Cycle-1-Seats/itemid-1-103067084/lotid-0

robmac
21-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Why cry?? Now's a good opportunity for someone to make a real Ducati streetfighter :D

RevHead
21-08-2010, 04:41 PM
oh look it got scratched ,its a write off ,,fuckin useless cunts who refuse to fix things,this is y our insurance and ctp is so fuckin high

zx12argh
21-08-2010, 05:22 PM
haha Bligh reckons they are making our CTP in Qld cheaper... by $25. Thanks a lot.

devo
21-08-2010, 06:00 PM
That must be Casey Stoners road bike [:0] So they still suffer falling down on the road to [B)] must suffer from a bad front end :D

DiscoDan
21-08-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't get it. A write-off is where the cost of repairing the vehicle is higher than the payout the insurance company has to make so it's cheaper for them just to pay it out, right? Are they saying that poxy little gravel rash will cost more than $80k to fix (assuming that's the low end of what one of those would be insured for)? For that kind of money I think you could do a lot of repairing.

Am I missing something here?

Shadowzone
21-08-2010, 09:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by DiscoDan

I don't get it. A write-off is where the cost of repairing the vehicle is higher than the payout the insurance company has to make so it's cheaper for them just to pay it out, right? Are they saying that poxy little gravel rash will cost more than $80k to fix (assuming that's the low end of what one of those would be insured for)? For that kind of money I think you could do a lot of repairing.

Am I missing something here?

A write off is where the difference between the cost of repairing the vehicle is higher than what they can get for it at auction and replace the vehicle.

If they can get $50k and the repairs are $40 and a new bike is $80k then it's cheaper to replace the vehicle.

With the report reading like this:

Description: 01/09 Ducati Desmosedici RR Road Cycle
Colour: Red
Engine: 989 Standard Petrol
Transmission: 6 Spd Manual
Odometer: 12,947 kms (Showing On Odometer)
Accessories: ,Build #1496/1500

Item Description
Bike Front - Paint/Stone Chips/Scrapes/Cracks
Entire Body - Entire Scraps/Scratches
Left Faring - Scrapes/Scratches/Various Holes/Paint/Stone Chips
Petrol Tank - Paint/Stone Chips/Scrapes
Rear Faring - Scrapes/Scratches/Various Holes
Right Faring - Scrapes/Scratches/Various Holes/Cracks/Paint/Stone Chips
Wheel Faring - Cracked/Scratches
Tyre Condition Keys & Books
Front Near: Bad Log Books: No
Front Off: Owners Manual: No
Rear Near: Bad Keys: Yes
Rear Off: Spare Keys: No

It would be fair to say someone will pay good coin for it but the repair bill for new fairings and fuel tank would be horrendous. I'm pretty sure several years ago a set or rearsets for one was near $800. Imagine what fairings for the friggin things cost then add the cost of painting them on top assuming they come unpainted from the manufacturer.

Yes it would be an easy repair. I'd love to rattle can black the fucker just because I could and it would really upset the latte sipping crowd but unfortunately my budget just doesn't extend to one of them...

RevHead
22-08-2010, 04:22 PM
this is were its so wrong get beaters and painters to start repairing things,so instead of new beaters being known as fitters only,its just fucked up badly,shit 5 days to repair prime n paint ,about $4000,but no write the thing off,its just bullshit

nick76
22-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Dont afew policies now have a new replacement if car/bike is afew years old??

With the desmo,i think all the fairings are carbon,so if uv got the cash to buy a 100k bike,im sure you'd want it to be perfect and it all replaced with carbon,and not just bogged up/repaired and painted???

It would make a nice track bike,just bang some race fairings on it,but its probably still worth 50k as is!!

Destijl
10-09-2010, 11:35 PM
It seems like such a waste to try and bodge a bike like this

RevHead
11-09-2010, 02:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by Destijl

its not called bogding mate ,,panel beaters used to be trained how to fix things not just REPLACE SHIT ,,its the reason ctp and general insurance is so fuckin highly priced ,,bodged fuck me
[}:)]

kevkatana
11-09-2010, 02:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

quote:Originally posted by Destijl

its not called bogding mate ,,panel beaters used to be trained how to fix things not just REPLACE SHIT ,,its the reason ctp and general insurance is so fuckin highly priced ,,bodged fuck me
[}:)]

If I had a bike like that and damaged it, being near new, I'd like the damaged parts replaced with new parts. Not bogged and painted. It's not a 10 year old GPX 250.

gibbo
11-09-2010, 05:09 PM
I heard a while back a set of replacement fairings are $35,000, that does not include the tank[:0] So I'd be happy to repair them if it was mine but if I was paying the insurance premiums I'd want new stuff. Fuck, wonder what it would cost to insure one!!