PDA

View Full Version : gitt'n guns

336LJ
15-08-2010, 01:32 AM
finally pulled my finger out. waiting on the call to go and pick up my new toys.
put a deposit on a no4 mk1 .303. and sent the papers away for a new Remington 700 sps stainless in .308 (still undecided on that one tho) but they should be selling for about 1100 - 1200 when they come in.

whats a good example of a .303 actually worth these days? I'm looking at about 650-700 with scope, bayonet and timber in good nick. and not half as fucked as most of the other ones on the shelf for around the 200-300 mark?

If I'm being shafted I wanna know! since I'm new to all this shit (like back when I used to buy cars and bikes and get raped financially every time cause I buy first then think about it later). I'v done my best leading up to walking in to a dealer to get an idea on price but it varies so much with these old things, I'm not 100% on what I should be looking for when I can't ACTUALLY get out and test it before I buy it. apart from havin a look down the barrel for pitting or shitty rifling.

kev@vcm
15-08-2010, 01:51 AM
a freind of mine is a comp shooter with a local shooters club , get in with your local shooter club.

and when my mate was starting out he brought his guns through them at a good price he brought 2 rifles and 1 pistol .

not sure of what he spent but there nice looking units

336LJ
15-08-2010, 12:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by kev@vcm

a freind of mine is a comp shooter with a local shooters club , get in with your local shooter club.

and when my mate was starting out he brought his guns through them at a good price he brought 2 rifles and 1 pistol .

not sure of what he spent but there nice looking units

It would be nice if I could find a club that isn't some kind of zombie land filled with degenerate morons who wear cowboy boots and track pants and are the EXACT kind of people that shouldn't actually be in possession of fire arms to begin with!
I'v always liked the old .303's and it appears to be in good nick. I'll have a much closer look at it when I go to hand over the rest of the cash anyway. I shoulda got pics.

BANDITROD
15-08-2010, 04:03 PM
the main thing is what are you going to be using it for if youae after a good accurate gn then i would go for the rem .308 before i would bother with the 303 ...most of them are old and clapped out anyways

JackTar
15-08-2010, 07:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by 336LJ

degenerate morons who wear cowboy boots and track pants

Good work mate, that would have to be one of the most accurate descriptions of Banditrod I have ever heard.

336LJ
16-08-2010, 12:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

Good work mate, that would have to be one of the most accurate descriptions of Banditrod I have ever heard.

I left out the "in public/at the gun shop/at the police station" part. someting I witnessed yesterday... same guy. same douche bagness. do cops NOT have the right to step in and say "holy shit mate, you are here for your PTA and appear to be the poster child for someone who should be kept away from guns for ever, wait here a second" *dials mental institution"

336LJ
16-08-2010, 12:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

the main thing is what are you going to be using it for if youae after a good accurate gn then i would go for the rem .308 before i would bother with the 303 ...most of them are old and clapped out anyways

I'm going in tomorrow to check out those game/hunting.. courses.. sillouhette course..er.. I'm not real sure what the hell its called but there is a bloke who runs the hunting/butchering/dog training and all that. I have tagged along a few times with mates out on their trips but wouldn't mind getting out and having a chop at some "pest control". target shooting is ratherfuckinglame IMO. Another mate of mine has access to land where they are permited to shoot roo's or something like that. and actually pay people to do it (This could be a lie)
I'm not really one for just randomly wasting everything that moves in a 100k radius. so I'm pretty keen to get out and learn some skills and especially humane/ethical techniques.. and also incase jebuz comes and invades us with robot nazi zombies in 2012. [8D]..

Redmohawk
16-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Roo shooting is a profession mate must be head shot with specific minimum calabers and farmer needs a permit as do you and tag's for all roo's shot. Don't get caught doing otherwise big fines, maximum is jail time but not likely . Plenty of rabbits and foxes/wild dogs about and if you have your game licence and want to eat something Deer are a introduced speciecs and technically a pest. Just realise if your doing to for meat it will cost you about 3 times as much as buying it from the butcher after you take into account fuel etc . But it is fun, if you go after sambar the first time one honks at you when you walk past it I bet you shit , is like a massive fog horn lol.

Redmohawk
16-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Unless you have a particular hardon for a 303 or a specific job that needs one (like target shooting in a class) I wouldnt bother mate there not real accurate even my target rifle is no match for a good sporting rifle setup right. And the bullet choices are less than great , my advice go with the rem good rifle tuff and accurate and in 308 you can get ammo in anything you like from fox popers to donky and buffalo (granted a little small but they will do it ) ammo is cheap in 308 and reloading gear is easy to find if thats a choice. Also big enough for all deer in aus leagally (and just a good all round performer on game and targets) Rabbits is a head shot and eat the back legs deal though lol

KATO ZX7
18-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Ive got a 303, its looks to be in top notch condition but the aiming is un-accurate.
Also check out the marking stamps, they may tell you more info...

BANDITROD
18-08-2010, 06:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

i dont wear cowboy boots .....lol

Neo Dutch
18-08-2010, 07:20 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_a48Uria1lSw/TGqSnhI6VAI/AAAAAAAANNI/qyhBPW1IstM/s1600/girls+with+gunz.jpg

Large
18-08-2010, 07:28 PM
NO PRISONERS!1!1!1ONE1!1!1!1!

Gitzy
18-08-2010, 08:05 PM
That has to be the BEST wallpaper eveeeer..

Large
18-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Where is Veronica and the Flammenwerfer?

336LJ
19-08-2010, 01:43 AM
holy shit.. that is literally the best picture in the universe.. RIGHT CLICK SAVE FAPFAPFAP

Elapid
19-08-2010, 09:40 PM
LJ, if you are keen on a 303 there is a mob called Australian International Arms that are producing a replica No.4. No idea the cost, accuracy or the quality, but they are brand new, so you won't have to worry about pitted or flogged out barrels, worn actions, cracked stocks etc etc.

Kris.