PDA

View Full Version : Registering a "special" in Qld or NSW

whale
13-08-2010, 03:53 PM
I am close to trying to get my Harris/GSX registered. I live in Northern NSW but have a Qld Main Roads customer number so I can register the bike in either state. I would prefer Qld because I can get single seat rego and I wont have to deal with yearly inspections.

The bike was once registered in QLD as a GSX 1100 but I am unable to find any of its history so this is a dead end.

The ID numbers have been removed from the frame by media blasting and powdercoat so it is basically unidentifiable. It is an early 80's frame with an 81 GSX 1100 motor. I am hoping to take advantage of its vintage to get it through rego as an 80's bike.

Does anyone here know what the process will be to get it regoed or can anybody steer me to an engineer or similar who can help me.

Slain
13-08-2010, 03:56 PM
mate contact qld transport.
i know with older vehicles you can apply and they can issue you with a new vin number which you can get stamped then. my brother in law did this with his xa falco after the plate fell off from age

Hagarr
13-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Stuie remember me???

Seriously don't attempt it.

It may seem to cost you more but its much simpler to just buy a licensed bike/frame and stick the plate on.

I could be out of line but to license the Harris by "Legal" methods may get to be a right pain in the arse.

Frames with no compliance plate can be a real pain in the arse.

I have owned my Harris since 1984 and have done it this way since I.ve owned it and most cops wouldn't have a clue anyway.

Give me a ring if you want and i'll explain !!

Good Luck otherwise.

I think Vic aint too bad though.

whale
14-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Thanks Hagarr. I'll be in touch

Hagarr
14-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Rightyo!