PDA

View Full Version : SMOKIN!!!!!

geesexar
17-02-2007, 05:44 AM
i seem to have a bit of a problem..when the 7/11 heats up im gettin smoke cummin outta the crankcase breather...this seems to me not a good look... to me it sounds like a build up of crankcase pressure....any suggestions

chopiesel
17-02-2007, 06:39 AM
well build up of pressure down there can mean a few things, but mainly that your rings are shagged, which only has 1 fix. new rings.

alfiestorm
17-02-2007, 08:36 PM
As chop says or this

1 Engine getting too hot due to automatic advance/retard in the cdi box being shagged this will either apply to all cylinders or it will effect just two cylinders at a time or in pairs eg 1/4 and 2/3. This does have the effect of making smoke come out of the breather.

When this same thing happened to me I thought the worse but then i noticed that cylinders 2/3 were running very hot and the light smoke did not smell like burnt oil but very hot clutch.
replaced the cdi unit and problem fixed oh and i had to replace the clutch plates a few weeks later ?

Hope this helps shed some light on the problem :D

WATEVR
17-02-2007, 10:57 PM
bloody hell wayne good thing your back at work buddy the ol girl might need some tlc!!! whats your roster this week im going for a ride on monday if your keen?