PDA

View Full Version : 1216 jetting and dyno setup,need help here guys,,

TheBogyman
07-08-2010, 06:48 AM
I got my engine fitted, 1216 rebore by holeshot(what a joke) they sent the head off to roger upperton in the UK, 9wks later engine arrived, i fitted it, the oil pissed out the oil return line from the head, the idiots cut the o-ring in half,,presto head off again,,,no o-ring in stock,,3 weeks later bike back again,,spent £1400.00 hard earned cash, and even tho holeshot claim 150bhp, i managed 136,,totally fucking wanked off,,They didnt time in the dyno ign, as they didnt have the timing bar, and didnt remember how to do with the timing strobe,,and told me the headers (standard) and 12mth old K&N filters need replaced,,thats whats holding the engine back,,and then i need to rejet if i chnge the headers,,so heres what i really need guys,,
1 - Can anyone tell me how the time the dyno2000 ign using the timing bar,,
2 - Any advice on jetting on the GSXR1100 M, 40mm cv mikuni carbs bored to 1216 and head worked, standard cams,,

thanks in advance,,dave

suacycle
07-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Hey dave,I recently built a 1216 donk and my oring is leaking even with the motor assembeld properly common thing but ill tell you what i know from my build experience.OK my first set up was bored 1216,flowed head,waggot cams,38m vac carbs.Once assembeld and worn in i put on dyno.I had pod filters and upped the main jets to 150 pure guess but spot on without touching the pilot jets.It reved clean and hard producing 151bhp pretty pleasing.Ok then i bought a set of 38m flatslide pumpers from states and a dyna2000 ignition.Now with timing ignition the little timing bar that attaches to the outer casing is pretty easy but you dont have it or do u.If not just position the pick up plate in the middle of the three screws and just monevure forward or backwards to advance or retard your timing its pretty hard to get wrong.Just keep adjusting riding adjusting till you get the desired effect.It all depends on what comression its running where i had probs with pinging so i run retarded timing and number 2 on the box but it liked running advanced timing but pinged its head off.You can Refer to the dyna website as well.Hope this helps.

TheBogyman
08-08-2010, 03:28 AM
Thanks for the info, pretty much the same setup, bar the cams, what headers ans exhaut are you running with? and yea i have the timimg bar, how do i set it up using that?

suacycle
08-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Ok you do this with plugs in or out easier out,grab an allen key to turn the crank by hand,turn key on and turn over and you should see the little red light activate on your module,this activates as the rotor passes the pick ups,So crank around untill light has activated and leave it there,then check the line on the rotor with the marks on the timing bar,that will tell u if you are running advance,retard or if on 0 timing is dead on,It should run better with a little advance,As for exhaust just 4 into 1 h.p.c. with a shorty can,Try it and let me no.

TheBogyman
09-08-2010, 02:32 AM
cheers bud, seems straight forward, ill give it a bash tomorrow,,,let you know how it goes,,