PDA

View Full Version : Penalty notice info required.

TurboKat
05-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I got a penalty/infringement notice (fine) in the mail for not having an Etag or daypass on Citylink, the 'offence' was in November last year & I got the notice a couple of weeks ago.
I've heard somewhere that the Police/Penalties Office have to issue the infringement notice within 6 weeks of the date of the offence or it's not enforceable, can anyone confirm this for certain?
I'd dearly love to be able to send them a letter politely telling them to fuck themselves but need to be 100% sure I'm in the right first.

oldskool
05-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Na mate I also got two one for each way from May, I wrote them a letter telling them I had moved and not got the first late notice and in the rush of moving house I had payed them but in my error payed City Bank instead of City Link (I am poor and would be looking for there leniency in the matter blar blar) will let ya know how I go.
Oh I dont have your number [:I]

damo1
05-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Mate i'm not 100% sure on this but is the road owned buy a private company or teh state gov??

If it is a private company i think your just gonna have to pay it.

If it's the state gov i think your just gonna have to pay it.

Sorry mate but i really don't think they give a fuck when they post them out they just expect you to sort it out.

I do knoe if you ignore it they will then start putting on it 20-50$ late fees.

I did read somewhere that their was over 80 mil out standing in un paid tolls and the state gov was gonna make a point of recooping that money that they were owed.

Sorry mate maybe you are just one of those??

Probably absolutly no help at all to you sorry.

It's probably gonna be easier just to pay the toll- what is it 4$ and be donr with it.

And i'm sure if you check your paper work it comes from "state dept recovery" not the police.

Snaffler
05-08-2010, 04:42 PM
and if u dont pay the fines you wont be able to pay any rego`s that are in your name & then they go after your license..

Jup
05-08-2010, 05:06 PM
This link (http://www.trafficlaw.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4519&sid=5287ddd2019730dc24f54058b143e910) might be a good place to start? Or at least a good place to start getting an understanding

oldskool
05-08-2010, 06:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Snaffler

and if u dont pay the fines you wont be able to pay any rego`s that are in your name & then they go after your license..
Not in this state yet mate I had bad fines to the tune of thousands and never got stoped at the RTA infact lost license and got it back and never payed the fines.

Large
05-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Firstly- check very carefully the wording- is there a way of paying the toll + a processing fee?

If not- ask your family/friends/Dorises if they have a tag that may not have been read as you went through the gate...?

If all else fails- strap one of these fuckers on and go to the head office and see if they want to argue the point-

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1281039846.jpg

Swordsy
05-08-2010, 07:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Firstly- check very carefully the wording- is there a way of paying the toll + a processing fee?

If not- ask your family/friends/Dorises if they have a tag that may not have been read as you went through the gate...?

If all else fails- strap one of these fuckers on and go to the head office and see if they want to argue the point-

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1281039846.jpg

As long as it doesn't have "INERT" Written clearly on it ;)

80s freak
05-08-2010, 08:36 PM
TK they have 9 months to issue the notice. That is from the date of the offence to the date of issue not the date you recieved it. So check your dates bloke.

Large
05-08-2010, 08:37 PM
I could put a red dot on the front of a .38.

Wouldn't make it an airsoft gun tho...

JackTar
05-08-2010, 09:35 PM
If you had of just rang the number and paid up you wouldn't get a fine and would be able to afford a new phone.

TurboKat
05-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Fuck you Captain Sensible ! Where were you in November ?
Like everything, this whole sordid mess is your fault anyway. :(
That's it... before I do anything ever again, I'm ringing YOU first.

336LJ
05-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Iv been engaged since last September with these toll operator dick heads over "unpaid toll notices"
they sent a notice, with a list of apparent times and places and fees
Threatened late fees, administration fees etc
I send back a formal objection letter asking for video/photographic proof that my vehicle passed through any tolls (cause I'm not the only one that drives it) and I hadn't driven through any tolls since they started charging money (And installed new tolls)

I also asked for them to prove they are actually allowed to operate by law (letter is a few pages long and very detailed)
and that if they did not respond in the time frame specified that they agreed that the debt they were claiming I owed was null and void.
they sent a reminder and another threat of more fees well after the month I gave them to respond, and totally ignored my request to have the matter clarified.
I sent a formal request to have the matter heard in court,with the tool that was sending the letters having to answer for it I'd say.
They ignored it for months again.
Then I got some shitty ass grainy picture of a car that you couldn't even read the numberplate on - asking for only ONE of the many instances they claimed I owed them a toll fee, but with administration fees on top!

I sent another letter back mentioning their vastly deficient photograph was not proof, that they ignored and agreed to my other shit, that I have proof I sent and they received and signed for my court election letter and all other correspondence, and that the matter needs to be addressed before any other action can be taken.

that was a few months ago, I'd say its either going to be dropped, or I'll be in court about it - I'v already spent 5 times what the toll was with all the back n forwards shit.
But my theory is FUCK THEM its the principal of it all, cause when you read their terms and conditions on their website the second you pay any money to them, you are in contract with them for ever - all they had to do was prove from the start I owed them money and they didn't, so I don't. they did the bullying shit and I'm not playing along with it. Their tactics are shameful. most the letters were dated 3 weeks before I received it, giving about 5 days to pay for it, I'd say this is to freak people out so they panic and just pay it straight away.

All the while this was going on the clem 7 failed miserably and I thought that was hilarious

RevHead
07-08-2010, 09:00 AM
i went to there web site paid the original fee with my dredit card ,and it all went away,for once u pay the toll fee they cant touch u ,i was in the same boat like u got it 6 months later,

uncle pervy
07-08-2010, 04:53 PM
once again i have to say.
hahahahaha
tolls? what the fuck are tolls. our rego's pay for OUR roads. what do your's pay for? the right to get charged for using roads/bridges/ect.

gotta love W.A.

336LJ
07-08-2010, 07:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by uncle pervy

once again i have to say.
hahahahaha
tolls? what the fuck are tolls. our rego's pay for OUR roads. what do your's pay for? the right to get charged for using roads/bridges/ect.

gotta love W.A.

one of the many points I raised, and one of many questions they refused to answer