PDA

View Full Version : BIG SMILE

alfiestorm
16-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Today I unwrapped my bike fuelled it up and done a 150 mile round trip.
I was totally amazed to see an empty motorway in front of me and not a sign of the police anywhere so i thought fuck it and held the throttle to the stop and just kept going. The standard speedo tops out at 190mph so the needle hit that and stopped but the bike kept on pulling for what seemed like ages untill the engine topped out. Fuck knows how fast I was going but no police followed me home.

I am fuckin rockin at the moment yeah :D

sfoc711uk
16-02-2007, 05:38 AM
Have you landed in oz then mate.

alfiestorm
16-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Not yet but it was a nice day today I decided I had to ride my bike.
I will be landing in AUSS pretty damn soon but even thats not fast enough.
You still going for it?

sfoc711uk
20-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Yes still going for it mate,we are going to melbourne then adelaide in october for 3 weeks to look for a job and a house cant wait.:D

alfiestorm
20-02-2007, 11:06 PM
I will pm you my contact details when I get to Adelaide so we can meet up for a beer when you are ther having a look about :)

sfoc711uk
21-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Cool mate i will look forward to that,you will probably be able to give me some idea where to look when i get there.

alfiestorm
21-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah sure mate the area I am moving to is called Ridghaven it's about 20k's north of Adelaide. My brother lives there and loves it the people, schools are very nice. My brother recently came back for a family funeral he had been out there for just over a year and said to me as he was leaving to go back home to Auss just get out as fast as you can you'll love it in Auss.

We are moving to Adelaide area for a much more relaxed and enjoyable life style but anywhere in Aussie land will beat the uk i reckon

sfoc711uk
22-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Looks like there is a good chance we will end up in Adelaide,What ive seen of the place on the net and on tv (just been watching wanted down under)it looks great and ive been asked by a bike dealer to go see them.

alfiestorm
22-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Talking about bike dealers that reminds me of when I had my own motorcycle repair/service and tuning shop I absolutely loved it and I was kept very busy for the whole year which was a good sign as it usually goes very quite for repair and service work in the winter but I had to move out of my double garage as the bitch two doors away complained to the council that I was working from home and she just happened to work on the council planning committee she later had dog shit deposited through her letter box and on her car door handles. I had to move to rented commercial property the rent and all the service charges plus what seemed like a zillion different taxes I had to pay to the wonderful uk government for the privalage of running a business meant I had to charge more which meant a lot more people could not use my services which also meant it just was not worth the hassle as it became a worry not knowing if I was going to meet the rent payment that month and pay my mortgage so I jacked it in thanks Mr fuckwit Blair.
I may have a look into the business tax rules and the rules for working from home when starting up a business in Auss might be worth a shot or not

Gix11
22-02-2007, 02:09 PM
I would look into it for sure mate. This is a land of opportunity and up here on the Gold Coast the yellow pages is thicker than the white pages by miles. I stated my own business based on that very fact. Get one of the local SA guys to fill you in on the demand and supply so you can work out if it's a viable option to start a m/c mechanics business.

sfoc711uk
23-02-2007, 08:27 AM
If you need a mechanic im there,i had thought the same about doing some work for myself.

alfiestorm
23-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Something to think about. Get there get a job, house,start business part time if the demand is there.
Time for more research so I will start here. listen up can any tell me what it is like getting bike repairs/servicing and tuning work done in SA are there shit loads of places doing it or are there not many places about