PDA

View Full Version : Ok, totally random question.

Gix11
29-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Can anybody speak and write Spanish fluently? If so, does anyone want some cash to translate a website (not this one) into spanish for me? Let me know.

nick76
29-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Im sure you can translate thru google?

For a major language like spanish,u should be able to,i remember doing it to a german website years ago.

nick76
29-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Hay que ir, yo sabía que podía hacerlo en Google Gix

http://translate.google.com/#

Gix11
29-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but have you ever tried translating a foreign website to English using those free translators?

here's an example of some text from a german website translated to Englsh using the translator:

Revocation and return
(1) You can change your contract (order) withdraw within four weeks without giving reasons in writing (eg letter, fax, e-mail) or by returning the goods. The period begins with receipt of the goods, but not before receipt of this information. For keeping the term the timely dispatch of the notice of cancellation or the timely return of the item. The revocation must be sent to the address below, email or fax. In the event of effective revocation, the benefits received returned and any benefits (lost interest). Can you return the performance received whole or in part or in a deteriorated condition, you shall be obliged to pay compensation. This does not apply if the deterioration is exclusively on the examination of the case - as it would be possible for example in a retail shop - is caused. Furthermore, you can avoid the compensation by using the goods like an owner and everything that could reduce its value. The cost and risk of the goods returned by you. Non-free supplies will not be accepted.

Not really good English is it? Can you imagine the reverse? What would the Spanish guys reading think of the website? I would look like a major twat (well, more than normal anyway).

Chase
29-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Mate flick me the content, I've got translaters at work. We operate sites in 35 countries.

Weaselman
29-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Jim can translate anything you want... Into cockney

Fight_fan
29-07-2010, 03:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

Jim can translate anything you want... Into cockney

Hahaha before he passes out n winds up with whipped cream on his face! :D

Weaselman
29-07-2010, 03:44 PM
where is that vid lance post it!

Fight_fan
29-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Im still tryin to find the cable that joins my fone to the computer! Once i have that, its on! ;)

devo
29-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Try this link Si ;)
http://babblefish.com/freetranslator.php

Large
29-07-2010, 06:12 PM
¿Puede alguien decir y escribir el español con soltura? ¿De ser así, quiere alguien que algún efectivo traduzca un sitio Web (no éste) en el español para mí? Avíseme

Large
29-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't bother Si,

You'll never get the natural sand browns and reds that the Catalanas expect And the cujuntas will be bombing you for years for the insultas

wackyrider
29-07-2010, 07:13 PM
I go to school with a few South Americans. I could always ask them if u need mate. They'd be happy with some extra cash

336LJ
30-07-2010, 03:25 PM
definitely need someone who speaks it - those translators suck ass cause most the time they don't take into account the "ass to fuck backwards" ways some languages are structured.

Snaffler
03-08-2010, 11:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by wackyrider

I go to school with a few South Americans. I could always ask them if u need mate. They'd be happy with some extra cash

or a 5ltr can of petrol

greg mulligan
05-08-2010, 08:19 PM
I can speek irish if thets any good to ya

NoZ
05-08-2010, 09:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by 336LJ

definitely need someone who speaks it - those translators suck ass cause most the time they don't take into account the "ass to fuck backwards" ways some languages are structured.

agreed. I used babelfish to translate something in to loads of languages and it was mostly all wrong cos some languages have reversed sentance structures etc etc

If you get stuck, my mate works in a bi-lingal call centre and she might know someone who'd do it for you.

Gix11
09-08-2010, 03:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by greg mulligan

I can speek irish if thets any good to ya

Yea, that would help heaps Greg. Ozkat says you're a great translator.

Iceman
09-08-2010, 04:15 PM
my kids watch Dora the explorer, maybe they can help...........