PDA

View Full Version : Russel 'Camel' Wattie runs as independent for Sen

sharky
25-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Russell Wattie (Camel) is running for a place in the Senate. He is a Queenslander and is very passionate about bikes and the rights of all those that ride. He is an Independent and will definetely make his voice heard in the Senate. If you want someone to fight the good fight for the motorcycle fraternity, this is the man to do it. Make your vote count for your Queensland Representative in the Senate.

http://www.hdforums.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=71&view=topic&postid=236788&forumid=28&tpage=1

Note: I hope this thread IS NOT going to degenerate into a pro/anti bikie thread.

The above is simply an announcement to inform Qld's of his intention.

I hope this thread will not stir up the same old arguments again.

rod185651
25-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Heya Russ, what is his Electorate? Do the Lower House have Electorates? I'm obviously down in NSW but I will spread the word to mates up in QLD.

El_Hefty
25-07-2010, 11:13 PM
A wild guess he rides a harley and is a member of a 1%er/outlaw club?

Letting the power go to your head Sharky?

You can start and post what you want but we cant retort? WTF

If its simply an announcement just close the fucking thread! The fact you post political bullshit on this forum should be enough to make it open for all and sundry to have a go

El_Hefty
25-07-2010, 11:16 PM
and thats a different argument ... not 'the same old'

Didnt know this place was here just to suit YOUR agenda

sharky
26-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Fair comment mate, original post edited....too much bourbon..[:I]

What I meant was I know there are pro & anti bikie feeelings...just hope we don't go down the same 6 pages of bitchin at each other like normally happens when this subject comes up.

Regardless of who he is, he is running as a candidate and is 100% PRO BIKE.

El_Hefty
26-07-2010, 10:36 AM
haha i was a bit 'arsh with a few too many reds last night so alls fair.

JackTar
26-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Get a room you two.

JackTar
26-07-2010, 10:51 AM
But on a serious note Russ, nothing to do with bikies but I don't even know where to start with these ones.

Mr Wattie said he had served time in Australia and Holland for drug, firearm and kidnapping offences, and said the experience served as an eye-opener to flaws in the system.

"If you want someone who can give you a very good reason why there should be prison reforms, I've experienced a prison system in Victoria that at the time had the second-worst reoffending rate in the world," he said.

He said literacy rates in jails need to be improved, as well as rehabilitation for drug addicts.

What a scumbag, take some responsibility. What does he want for criminals five star accommodation? Pro bike or not mate, politicians are bad enough as it is do we really want to add kidnappers to the list?

I would say the "system" worked quite well if it put that dipshit in gaol.

Large
26-07-2010, 11:10 AM
I didn't think you could become a pollie with a criminal record?

sharky
26-07-2010, 11:12 AM
At least he was honest about his dishonesty...unlike most politicians......

JackTar
26-07-2010, 01:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

At least he was honest about his dishonesty

I don't think he has much choice mate, it would have come out sooner or later. Plus there is dishonest then there is kidnapping.

rock hard
29-07-2010, 08:23 AM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1280392613.jpg

Camel Toe?

stackas
01-08-2010, 08:33 PM
everyone has some sort of past. If we dont give people a chance to change and renew their life then gaol is a waste of time. Imagine if laws changed and then once you had a speeding fine or wrekless driving offence you were no longer able to ever get any job of influence. If you dont like the sound of him than dont vote for him, but dont judge his character and condem him. Often experience (even bad experience) helps us to grow our character and be better for it.

Cruisecontrol
02-08-2010, 05:22 AM
What?

Who would give a job in a bank to a convicted thief or a nice spot in a preschool for a paedophile?
If you end up in jail then your career prospects become very limited because that just comes with the territory.
In a career that involves a bit of integrity, it is a bit of a stretch to expect he has any...

sharky
02-08-2010, 07:17 AM
At the end of the day the UMC is the only group opposing this leglislation..

Guess every one else took a leaf out of Homer's book....
'Some-one else will do it'

So until there is another candidate choice how about supporting someone who actually is trying to get into a position to fight these ridiculous laws....

Of course you could do nothing....and just whinge about it once the laws start affecting you......

JackTar
02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
There are other things in my life beside motorcycles Russ and I wouldn't want someone like that making any decisions about any of it to be honest.

latheboy
02-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Really guys, it doesn't matter who gets in.
They won't do what they say they will anyway.

How many times has "enter name" said something ON RECORD and then later said "no i never said that"
And a 1%er crim speaking on behalve of all of us, no thanks...