PDA

View Full Version : my front end stuck with customs.....

JohnE
20-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Purchased a k7 front end from the states a couple of weeks ago and its finally arrived in sydney!:D Thing is though i got a phone call this afternoon from DHL telling me customs were looking for a receipt to prove i purchased the front end,havent bought anything like this from the states b4 so not sure if this is normal procedure or what?? i sent the receipt through anyway and decided to check up the mailing order,i noticed the guy put the value of goods at $150 when i actually paid around $550..... Is this gona cause me problems and have to cough up more money?? anyone had experiance like this??

Booster
20-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Customs start charging gst on bike stuff at $1000 but dhl may charge from as low as $250,it will be 10% as normal gst also will be a freight gate fee for processing through customs $48.00 , there are no dutys on most bike stuff , exhausts being the exception
If you can avoid it don't use couriers , the costs will be much more than by express post and there no less trackable by express..

BANDITROD
20-07-2010, 06:33 PM
i have brought shitloads of stuff from the states and only had issues twice but nothing like that at all mate ......there is only customs dutys after you go over $1000

Large
20-07-2010, 06:48 PM
"All goods (except for tobacco products and alcoholic beverages) may be imported duty and tax free if their value is $1,000 or less."

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp

Large
20-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Whatever you do, dont use couriers. Always ask to use USPS from Septopia

JohnE
20-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the advice guys! i got the front end shipped over by myus.com as seller would not ship overseas and they use DHL & FedEx so its included in price,saved over $100 compared to what other ebay sellers were offering so worth it for the heavy items..... Their rates are pretty good. Anyone use them?? hopefully hav the front end 2moro all going well,then off to ben with it as soon as the front wheel arrives,hopefully next week things will start happening!!!