PDA

View Full Version : speed camera locations

Jockney Rebel
20-07-2010, 03:20 AM
this is the list of the new covert collection vans ..sorry i of course meant safety cameras
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/downloads/mobile_speed_camera_locations_0710.pdf

Jockney Rebel
20-07-2010, 03:26 AM
and heres what they look like
http://www.news.com.au/national/new-speed-cameras-deliver-a-fast-buck/story-e6frfkwi-1225890292548

renegade
20-07-2010, 11:38 AM
This is what gets me...

quote: Part-owned by Macquarie Bank

fimpBIKES
20-07-2010, 12:30 PM
""Fine revenue is estimated to increase by $137 million during 2010-11, with a mobile speed camera program and a five per cent increase in speeding fines," the Budget says."
Thats just fucking stupid. the whole point of putting these private contractors in place instead of using the police for speed fines is meant to free up the police from having to do this sort of shit (so they can actually focus on solving crimes, presumably)
but this just goes to show that they are obviously still going to use police AND roll out many more of these vehicles
(oh, and could they have picked a more common vehicle than a WHITE SUV? i doubt it!)

"The mobile speed cameras will only be placed in locations with a high accident history as determined by the RTA in consultation with NSW Police," Dr Soames Job, director of the RTA's Centre for Road Safety, said."
nup, i checked out the locations
and my old commute to work would have put me through a theoretical 4 camera's each way, NONE of which are in particularly dangerous places BUT are very busy roads with workers going out to the mines each day and back. They are just plonking them on the busiest roads where there are deliberate sudden speed drops from 90 to 60 (or 40 in the school zones, WTF are they allowed to have school zones on major highways anyway?!?!?!)

'Drivers will not be warned before driving into the mobile speed camera's zone. A small sign on the vehicle reads: "Safe speed check". Another sign placed at the roadside will inform motorists: "Your speed has been checked."
sign may as well say "your fine is in the mail, have a nice day"
cunts

oh, and just watch that list grow MUCH larger as soon as the initial media coverage dies down
Macquarie Bank are interested in this venture for a VERY good reason

RIP our licenses

scotty mac
20-07-2010, 12:46 PM
simple, no plate no problem.....

oh n don't stop!!!!

Swordsy
20-07-2010, 05:14 PM
You don't have to stop for these ones, they are like a fixed camera, just moveable.

Apparently if you park 1m off their rear bumper, it stuffs them up. So if you see one in your travels and you have a spare 10 (60) mins, park there and have a nap. ;)

StuNVA
20-07-2010, 08:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Swordsy

You don't have to stop for these ones, they are like a fixed camera, just moveable.

Apparently if you park 1m off their rear bumper, it stuffs them up. So if you see one in your travels and you have a spare 10 (60) mins, park there and have a nap. ;)

I can see my patrols bull bar will come in handy, a simple 10 degree nudge should fix things.

Weaselman
20-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Bunch of bikers in Canberra got the shits and tipped one over from memory

Jockney Rebel
20-07-2010, 09:37 PM
like i said elsewhere ...approach the gentle man [or woman ]and ask relevant questions
i suggest things like
excuse me can i ask what your doing here exactly?

why is that device pointing at my house/car/mates?
DO NOT deliberately intimidate them but make apoint of facialy regonising em
it freaks em out and theyll ask to have the cars unmanned [we did this back home ] then pay kids 20 bucks to let the tyres down

fimpBIKES
20-07-2010, 09:46 PM
hehehe

b1kawa
21-07-2010, 03:51 PM
are they front number plate photos?